Status: Complete

Love Tricked Me

Truth

I laid on my bed sniffling and trying to wipe my tears away when I heard the doorbell ring. I ignored it until I looked out my window and saw Johns car.

I gasped and ran down the stairs as fast as I could. I saw John at the door trying to get past Alan.

"Kimmy!" He called when he saw me.

I ran to the door and pushed past Alan and grabbed Johns hand, taking him outside with me.

"John, you can't be here." I whispered harshly as I felt the cool grass of the lawn beneath my bare feet.

"Why the hell not?" He asked with hurt in his voice.

"He- I , you just can't be here!" I exclaimed as I ran a hand through my hair.

"What are you afraid of?" He cried.

"Him! He's going to hurt you if you don't get out of here right now. If you loved me you'd go because I couldn't live with myself knowing I got you hurt."

As the words left my lips I remembered our first fight when he told me the same thing.

God things were so simple back then.

"What the fuck do you mean he's going to hurt me? Alan? I could take him in a minute."

"John, I'm not kidding. You need to le-"

"Did he hurt you? Is that why you've been acting weird?"

I looked at him in shock and turned back to run inside the house.

I was going to have hell to pay for this.

John

What the fuck was she talking about?

My stomach churned as she ran back into the house. She wasn't safe. It was my job to protect her.

I pulled my phone out and called the only person that cared about her even half as much as I did.

"Eric get to your house. Now." I told him.

"Whoa, why?"

"It's Kimmy."

With that I hung up and ran into the house. I heard screaming coming from upstairs and my heart started to pound. I felt the adrenaline rush through my veins.

I took the stairs two at a time and followed the noise. It was coming exactly from the door I feared.

Kimmy's room.

I opened the door and almost threw up at the sight. He was on top of her and pulling her shirt off as she was struggling to fight him off.

My fists clenched and I pulled him off of her by the hair on his head. He screamed and I saw red. I threw him against the wall and started punching him hard across the face. His mouth started bleeding and he looked like he was losing consciousness, but I didn't care. He deserved to be dead.

No, he deserved to wish he was dead.

After slamming his head against the wall a few times, he was finally out.

I slowly uncurled my fist from his shirt collar and let him fall to the ground.

I stared at him for a second while trying to catch my breath. I could feel my heart beat through my chest and suddenly I came back to reality when I heard Kimmy start to cry.

I turned around and saw her curled up in a ball sobbing. I looked at her and tears came into my eyes.

"We- we need to get you out of here, Kay." I croaked.

I stepped to her bed and picked her frail form up. I cradled her gently and carried her down the stairs.

"I'm s-so sorry." She sobbed.

"Don't ever say that again." I told her firmly, trying not to break down.

I got to the door right as it opened.

"What's going on?" Eric panicked as he looked to Kimmy in my arms.

"Hospital. Now."

He held the door open for me as I carried her to my car.

I placed her in the back seat and got in with her. Eric followed and got into the drivers seat.

"N-not the hospital." She cried. "Please, n-not yet."

"Okay, baby. Just, uh, go to my place." I instructed.

I pulled her into my lap and wrapped my arms around her. I buried my face in her hair. I couldn't hold it back anymore, I let out one of the sobs I'd been keeping in since I saw that bastard on top of her.

I envied Eric for not knowing what had happened to her. I clutched onto her and cried for my failure. How could she not tell me? How did I not figure it out?

I was supposed to protect her.

I couldn't do it back in high school, and I can't do it now.

I let her down.

By the time we got to my apartment, she had cried herself to sleep. I carried her bridal style into my place and set her on my bed gently. As I did I noticed her shirt was riding up. I looked further and saw large purple green bruises covering her hips and waist.

I thought I was going to vomit from my anger and sadness, so I pulled her shirt down and covered her with a blanket.

I walked out of my room and turned the lights off so that maybe she could at least find peace in her sleep.

I walked out to the living room and saw Eric pacing back and forth.

"Do you want to tell me what the fuck happened?" He cried.

"Shh! She's sleeping." I barked. "Dude, sit down."

It's not like he didn't know that this situation wasn't serious. I mean, I cried. And I don't cry over anything.

He took a seat on the couch and just looked at me expecting an answer.

"Okay, well Alan... He- shit." I sighed.

How do I tell my girlfriend's brother, my best friend, that his moms boyfriend raped his sister. Probably. It's not like I know that for a fact or anything, but I had a pretty good hunch.

"What?" He asked.

"He raped her."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow Johno was just a bag of emotions! From hurt to anger to crying! Haha

HUGE thanks to Whilethefirewasout, vintage., GaskarthBabeey, marcooo, lovwthpeace19, ClaudiaBiedles, therandaset, sowrongit'smelissa, love me or leave me, liar's lane, Beautiful Weakness;, somebody_who_cares, ingridkusterbeck, and Laura4392 for commenting on last chapter! Keep it up!

Any guesses how Eric will take it or what's going to happen to John and Alan?

Comment and subscribe!