How Did I Fall for You?

Chapter 2

With her hair pulled up into a high ponytail, Brynn sat in the middle of her bed with books and notes surrounding her. Glancing at her cell phone that sat on her leg, she noticed it was almost nine. Brushing the loose strands of hair from her face, she let out a long sigh. The last thing she wanted to be doing tonight was studying, but she didn't want to go to her friend's party. Sure parties could be a lot of fun, but there wasn't a rehearsal tonight. The last party she went to resulted in her having sex with Brayden Schenn. When she first met him there, she didn't know who he was or what he did, but what she did know was that she was attracted to him. But there were those three weeks that they didn't speak after hooking up. And that was fine with her, they had a one night stand and it was over. However she hadn't expected to see him after the Kings practice earlier. She felt so stupid, how did she not know that he was a hockey player?

Hearing a soft knock on the door of her home, Brynn tossed the pen she had been taking notes with in one of her books as she got off the bed. Looking down at her outfit, she let out a sigh. Since she hadn't been expecting company she was wearing a pair of black short shorts and a grey tank top. Making her way to the door, she moved the curtain and was surprised to see him standing there in a pair or shorts, a white hoodie and flip flops. Dropping the curtain, Brynn hesitated from opening the door. “If you think I'm going away, you're wrong. I'm not leaving, so you might as well talk to me.”

Letting out a sigh, she rotated the lock and opened the door enough so that he could see her, but not enough to let him inside. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to see you,” he smiled. “Are you going to let me in?”

“No,” Brynn said. “I have studying to do tonight-”

He couldn't wait for her to finish what she was saying, his lips fell on her and claimed what was his. She meant to struggle, put up a protest, but he stole her thoughts, her breath and her voice with his sweet mouth his soft lips and his forceful tongue were a deadly combination that Brynn gave into on contact. She slipped into a haze of Brayden Schenn, a place she promised herself she'd never return.

Brayden had his arms around her waist as he slowly made his way inside without breaking the kiss. After kicking the door closed with his foot, Brayden lifted Brynn up and she wrapped her legs around him. Instead of heading back to where her bedroom was, he laid her down on the couch as he slipped off his flip flops and crawled on top of her.

Brynn felt his lips on her neck and she knew that she shouldn't be reacting to his touch this way, not in the short amount of time that they had known each other. “Brynn...”

“We can't keep doing this,” Brynn said as she felt his hand go under her shirt and cup one of her breasts on the outside of her bra. “It just wouldn't work.”

“Yeah, we can,” Brayden said giving Brynn's breast a squeeze. “I know you feel something for me. Just go with it.”

Dropping his hand from her under her shirt, Brayden's hand traveled down to the elastic part of her shorts. His lips covered hers, but it ended quickly.

"Brayden..." she said, but as his hands dipped inside her shorts and went without ceremony to tweak her clit, she squealed.

“You know as well as I do, that together we are amazing.”

Before she could say anything, there was a knock on the door. “You expecting someone?”

“I think I know who it is.” Brynn sighed as the knock was heard again.

Brayden withdrew his hand from her shorts and sat back as if to let her up. As she looked into his eyes, he kissed her softly before letting her up all the way so she could see who was at the door. Making sure that she looked decent, she pulled back the curtain to see who was at her door this time. To her surprise it was her brother. Opening the door, she gave him a small smile.

“Are you okay?” Andrew asked, looking at his sister.

“I'm just studying.”

“We are going for ice cream, did you want anything?” he asked.

“No, I'm good,” Brynn smiled. “I think I'm gonna keep studying and go to bed.”

“Are you sure you don't want anything?”

“Yeah, I'm good. Thanks though. I'll see you tomorrow?”

“Okay,” Andrew said running his hand through his hair. “You gonna be over for breakfast?”

“Maybe. Have fun.”

As soon as her brother turned his back and headed back to the house, Brynn closed the door and turned her attention back to Brayden. “Brayden, I don't think we can keep doing this. It was fine when it was just a one night thing, but -”

“But what?”

Brynn walked back to the couch and sat next to him. “I can't do it. I'm not that kind of girl.”

“I'm confused.”

“I'm just trying to say that I had fun that night, but you have your hockey and I have to concentrate on my dancing. I have too much going on.”

“Brynn, all we are doing is having fun and if we have sex then so be it.”

“Because I don't want to be that girl.”

“What girl?”

“The girl you go to just because you want to get off! I need to get back to studying. You can let yourself out.”

Making her way back to her bedroom, Brynn went back to studying. As soon as she heard the door close, she knew that he had left. She knew that she just had to push him from her mind and concentrate on the paper she was working on. After another hour of studying, Brynn failed to get Brayden out of her head and decided to just call it a night. She just hoped that she could get some sleep since she had an early class in the morning.

Walking towards her car, she was shocked to hear his voice calling after her. Stopping and looking at him, she adjusted her bag as she watched him jog up to her. “What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to ask you something.”

“Are you stalking me?” Brynn asked. “You keep showing up.”

“Just listen for a minute, okay?” Brayden asked.

“I have to get to rehearsals.” Brynn said as she dropped her ballet slippers.

Reaching down, Brayden picked up the obviously worn slippers and put them behind him. “I'll give them to you after you listen. Okay?”

“Fine.” Brynn sighed as she crossed her arms over the chest.

“I like you, Brynn-”

“You like getting laid.” Brynn told him as she looked at him with an unamused look on her face.

“Let me talk, would you?”

“Can we hurry this up I need to get going.”

“Like I said, I like you. And I mean it. Maybe we didn't do things the right way with not knowing one another and having sex that night and morning,” Brayden said as he used his free hand to move her hair out of her face. “I thought about what you said last night.”

“What did I say?”

“That you didn't want to be the girl that I come to just to get off,” Brayden said. “And I agree with you. I don't want you to be that girl either.”

“Then why do you keep showing up?” Brynn questioned him as she tried to reach around him and grab her shoes, but Brayden kept the shoes out of her reach.

“I want you to go on a date,” Brayden said. “With me.”

“No.”

“What?” Brayden asked slightly confused. “Why not?”

“I just don't have the time for something like that. I have school and I have rehearsals and then there are the times that I have to watch my brother's kids. I don't have the time.”

“Brynn, look at me,” Brayden asked. “Please?”

When her eyes met his, she could see him lean down and press a soft kiss to her lips. “Please give it a chance?”

“You don't know what you are getting yourself into.”

With a smile on his face, he looked down at her. “Is that a yes?”

Giving a small laugh, she nodded her head. “Yeah, I guess one date won't hurt me. Not sure if it will go past that.”

“Trust me,” Brayden said taking her bag off her shoulder and placing it on his own. “Once you get to know me, you won't be able to get enough.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Years everyone! I hope it will a great year for ya'll

Let me know what you think!!