Status: Active :)

Pieces

You Call My Name

When Adrian woke up, Jasper wasn't there. She got up slowly and walked to the bathroom, knowing she needed to take a nice warm bath. As she ran the water, she wondered where Jasper was and why he hadn't left a note or anything. Sighing, she plugged her iPod up and turned it as loud as the speakers would go.

When Adrian got out of the bathroom, she put on some gray capri sweats and a black, cotton, V-neck shirt, some Nikes and decided to go for a run. She loved the feeling of the wind on her cheeks as she ran through the forest behind her house. Adrian stopped half an hour later, panting and bent over.

As she straightened up, she realized she had absolutely no idea where the hell she was. She knew she was in the middle of the forest but not much beyond that. My best bet, she thought, would be to run back the way I came. The problem was that she had no idea where that was.

So, she ran back the way she thought she came from and ended up on the road she suspected was about twenty miles back from Forks. Sighing, she began to walk along it, trying her best to ignore the rumbling in the sky above her. There was no way she wanted to be stuck twenty minutes outside Forks in the middle of a storm.

So, she ran.

But as she ran, the storm got worse and when she thought she was halfway there, it was raining so bad, she couldn't see two inches in front of her. But she didn't want to be out here. So she kept walking. And walking.

Suddenly, Adrian heard the loud blaring of a horn behind her and she had no time to move out of the way. All she knew was that the headlights were at the same level as her shoulders and she had no time to move.

Everything was dark.

Jasper walked inside and heard nothing but silence. Adrian wasn't here. But where had she gone? He followed her scent through the woods and out to the road that was 20 miles outside town. But that was where her scent disappeared.

It was storming at the moment, and even with his enhanced vision, he couldn't see much. He ran farther down the road until he hit something. He looked down and saw a blonde girl sprawled across the the wet pavement.

Adrian.

He picked her up and raced as fast as he could to Forks, practically breathing relief when he set foot inside the hospital. Carlisle came from another hallway and his eyes widened when he saw Jasper holding an unconscious Adrian in his arms.

In this light, both could see that her left leg was at a rather odd angle and her right ankle was fractured. She had sprained her collarbone, broke two ribs, and cracked her skull. But that was the least of their worries. Internal bleeding was more important.

"Here. Please, save her, please. I found her on the road and I think...she was run over by a car or something. Just, please, save her." Jasper pressed quickly.

Carlisle nodded and his emergency crew took Adrian from Jasper's arms.

Adrian woke up to the sound of beeping in her ears. She tried to sit up but was stopped by a voice somewhere nearby.

"I wouldn't do that just yet if I were you."

She lay still for a minute, trying to figure out just who it was that was telling her this. It came to her slowly. J-A....S-P-E...R.

"Jasper? What...h-h...happ...happened?"

She heard him sigh and she felt him get closer to her. He sat down in the chair next to her bed. "I am not entirely sure of the logistics but I reason to believe you were hit by a car, since I found you on the road."

Adrian didn't say anything. She closed her eyes and sighed. "Everything...hurts." she gasped as two tears fell down her face.

Jasper immediately leaned forward and wiped them from her face. "Please, do not cry, sweetheart. You have no idea how much it hurts to see you in pain." He immediately sent her a wave of lethargy and she fell asleep again.

At that moment, the door opened and Carlisle crept in quietly. He closed the door behind him and sat in the seat next to Jasper.

"I've looked up the vampire, Arthur, you told me about. He is over six hundred years old and he spent almost a century with the Volturi. And Rebecca, the woman you told me you suspect could be a vampire, is with him. And, yes, she is a vampire, also."

Jasper sighed, his hand flying to his forehead. "This is too much."

"I understand, son. But understand that everything you do, you do for her now. It's your job to protect her and keep her out of harm's way."