Humans

Chapter six

I felt a soft breeze on my fur as I hopped up onto a shelf. I tipped my head slightly to one side and sniffed, there was a very interesting smell. Like food, but not. My hunters instinct kicked in and I pounced though the opening in the see through wall. What was it called? Window.

“Meeeewwwww” I missed my footing and fell from the windowsill. Oh no. large bush. I landed with a muffled crunch and the cracking of twigs. Oh the indignity. I sighed in frustration as I tried to right myself, but I appeared to be stuck, on my back, in a bush, in possibly the most undignified position conceivable for a cat of my class and nobility. I curled my paws up to my chest and blinked at the sky. This would be very fun.

As I lay splayed out in a bush, my dignity and pride in tatters I heard the twittering, tweeting mockery of the birds. Horrendous feathered monstrosities. What made them think they were worthy of being able to do something cats could not. How dare they mock us with their flight! With a single flap the accursed beasts were able to escape out skilled claws and laugh at us from the heights of the sky. One day or night the great cats in the sky would pounce and wipe them out of existence.

While my compromised position stopped me from progressing in my exploration of my environment it allowed me the opportunity to muse. The grate cats in the sky only showed themselves at night, the funny smelling lady called them stars, really how foolish can humans really be?

I hissed angrily at the birds as the chirruped cheerfully around me. They hopped tantalisingly close to me but I remained paralysed by the blasted greenery that surrounded my regal person. Amid the chirruping of the irritating creatures my ears caught the sounds of familiar voices.

“Cat? Cat where are you?” I heard my human call out. As I listened I heard Seth's soft voice join in the calling.

“Where do you think he is love? He can’t have got out of the flat, we shut the door.” I waited for a while, surely they would find me soon. After a ridiculously long time I decided that I would have to sacrifice what little remained of my dignity and call for the help of an inferior creature. I mewed loudly, even to me it sounded pathetic. I paused and mewed again, I was about to mew a third time when Seth’s head appeared out of the window. “Oh god! Love, I’ve found cat. How on earth did you get down there?” He asked with a worried smile. My human lent over Seth’s shoulder and blinked stupidly down at me. They disappeared from the window only to appear beside me. Seth scooped me out of the bush and cradled me to his chest.

“Is he hurt?” My human asked. I blinked up at them. I had never been more embarrassed in all my life.

“No, only a dented pride I think.” Seth smiled as I hid my face in his arm. I mewed helplessly and hid myself until I knew I was safely away from the chirruping, feathered monsters.

“Maybe our purchases will help to heal you damaged pride.” My human said with a small laugh. I blinked meekly up at him, gifts would make me feel better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time no update, sorry!

comment please.