I'll Be Damned If You're the Death of Me

002

It was now a month and a half into tour and I had barely heard from Danny in 2 weeks. It was creeping me the fuck out.

And then he texted me.

Danny: What are you doing?

Bekah: Laying down.

Danny: Get the fuck up.

Bekah: Why are you such a fucking asshole? And thanks for returning all of my calls and not ignoring me for 2 weeks.

Danny: I've been busy

Bekah: Getting drunk and doing whatever else.

Danny: I don't need this shit.

Bekah: Well don't cause pointless drama. I'm not dealing with you.

He called me. I ignored it. He was fucked up and I knew he was.

I called Ben.

"Hello?"

"What's Danny doing?"

"Right now... he's in the back of the bus slamming things around and cussing."

I scoffed. "Figures."

"Why?"

"He's on something. I know he is."

"I haven't seen him much lately. He's only around for the shows and the rides and then he dissapears. I ask him all the time when is the last time he talked to you and he always says I'm talking to her now or something."

"Well, he's a lying bastard. This is the first time I've talked to him in 2 weeks."

"Damn."

"Yeah. Well I gotta go. I love you."

"Alright, love you too. Bye."

I threw my phone down and went to check on Brooklyn. She was still passed out. I called Kaelan.

"Would you like me to come over?" She said when she answered the phone.

"You read my mind."

"So what's up? Where's your little rugrat?" She asked when she walked into the house.

"She's still asleep. Read these text messages from Danny."

She scrolled through them. "What the fuck crawled up his ass?"

"I think it might start with a d and end in rugs."

"Seriously? I thought he told you he was done with all that shit."

I shrugged. "All I know is if he comes back here and he's not clean he has to go. I'm starting to get feelings for James... again."

"Again?!"

"Yeah..."

"Him and his girlfriend broke up."

I laughed. "Why is that not surprising? But I can't get back with him. That's just way too confusing for Brooklyn."

"If it makes her mommy happy, it's for the best. James still loves you."

"How do you know?"

"You're the mother of his child. And he just does. I know it."

"I just think sometimes, ya know? What would have happened if I never got pregnant or if I had gotten an abortion, or if Danny never cheated on me with that whore. Where would we all be right now."

"Well, you were already pregnant when you got with Danny."

"Oh yeah."

"Alright, well I have to go to work."

"Okay. Come back, please. I'm lonely."

"Danny will be home in a week."

"I dread it." I hugged her and she left.

----

"Have you guys landed yet?" I asked James over the phone.

I was out shopping. Ben's mom had Brooklyn and Kaelan and I had met up at Starbucks early and started shopping.

"That's the thing. Reyna has a fever and won't even wake up at all. Do you think you could pick us up?"

"Sure. Me and Kaelan will be there in a minute."

We drove to the airport and they were all waiting outside. My eyes quickly scanned to find Danny, and he looked like he hated life. He looked really rough.

I pulled to the side and Ben hopped in the front seat. Danny and Sam jumped in the back and Cam and James got in Kaelan's car.

Danny didn't even say a fucking word to me.

I sped away from the airport and went home. We all hung out in the living room. Everyone except Danny. He went straight to our room and shut the door.

I sat next to James. "What's wrong, babe?" He asked me.

I pointed to my room. "He is." I got up and went into my room and Danny had a plastic sandwich bag with white powder in it sitting on the nightstand and he was talking on the phone.

"I'll call you later, Alexis." He hung up and stared at me. "Hey, baby."

I rubbed my forehead and sighed. "Danny..."

"What?"

"Are you fucking doing-?"

"Why do you care?" He got off the bed and took the bag and put it somewhere.

"I'm your fucking girlfriend, Danny! You told me you were done with this shit! And ALEXIS? Why the fuck are you talking to her!"

"You're my GIRLFRIEND, Bekah. So stop acting like we're fucking married."

"No. I'm not your girlfriend anymore. We are fucking done. So call up your little whore and do whatever the hell you want." I walked out and slammed the door. Everybody was just staring at me. I went to the hall closet and pulled out a huge duffel bag and went back into the bedroom and packed my shit. I walked out and went back into the living room.

"Let's go."

We all drove back to Ben's.

"Do you want me to go get Brooklyn?" Ben asked when we got there.

"Please."

"You can put your stuff in my room." James told me. I nodded and said I was going to take a shower. He embraced me for a good 5 minutes and then let me go.

I got out of the shower and dried off, and the last thing I remember was sitting on the side of the bed and curling up and falling asleep in a towel.
♠ ♠ ♠
this will get better if you don't like it, i promise.

i really enjoy reading any kind of feedback, and it makes my day. <3