I'll Be Damned If You're the Death of Me

003

"Mama! Mama!"

"Oh wait Brooklyn go see uncle Ben for a minute." James shut the door and locked it and I felt weight being put down beside me. I heard him chuckle.

"Were you that tired?"

"Maybe."

"Get up and put some clothes on."

"No." James sighed and went through my bag.

He slung the towel off and threw my clothes on me.

"Get up." He whined.

"Help me."

"You're not a child."

"Well then get out." He scoffed and left.

I just loved how he picked out the only thong I had packed.

------
*One week later*

I was worried to death about Danny. So I called him.

No answer. I sighed.

"Can't get a hold of your boy?" James came and sat down next to me.

"I guess he's not my boy anymore."

"We saw Alexis a few times on the tour. She came over and 'chilled'."

"I honestly don't care anymore."

"Good. You don't need that up and down shit he gives you."

"I know."

"Why don't you see if Kaelan will take Brooklyn tonight, and me and you can just hang out."

So that's what I did. Brooklyn had fallen asleep on the way over there so I carried her and her bag to the door. Cameron answered the door and took her. I thanked him and went back to the apartment.

I walked in and went to James' room. He was laying on the bed watching TV. He patted the spot next to him.

"I'm to anxious to sit. That car ride almost killed me."

"Bekah, you're fucking shaking. Calm down."

"I'm worried. I'm having a bad feeling." James got up and stood behind me.

"You just need to relax." He started massaging my shoulders. I closed my eyes and he kissed my neck. The kiss lingered, and then he just started sucking on it. I turned around and got on my tippy toes and kissed him. He lifted me up and laid me down on his bed.

"Hold that." He said and went over and locked the door. He came back over and got on top of me, grabbing my thighs.

We were about half way through it when my phone started buzzing and I saw it was Danny.

"James," I moaned. He brought his head up from my chest and looked at my phone.

"Let it go."

I nodded and bit my lip. When my phone stopped, it went off again. And again and again.

James got frustrated that I started directing my attention to my phone and he grabbed it. He cut it off and set it back on the night stand.

When we finished, the first thing I did was wrap the blanket around me and turn my phone back on.

I had 4 missed calls from Danny, and the last call was from a number I couldn't place. I had no voicemails.

So I called the unfamiliar number and it was a recording for the police department.

"Oh my fucking God."

"What is it?"

I put my phone on speaker. "THIS IS A RECORDING. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN INMATE, PRESS 7."

"Well, press 7."

I did.

"Danny Worsnop." I repeated into the phone.

"DANNY ROBERT WORSNOP. 5219. TOOKEN INTO CUSTODY AT 11:45 PM ON JUNE 31ST. BAIL HAS NOT BEEN POSTED. IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION REGUARDING THIS INMATE, PLEASE CONTACT THE LAW ENFORCEMENT."

"Are you fucking kidding me. This is my fucking fault. If I had never left him-"

"Bekah, this isn't your fault. You can't blame yourself for his problems."

"Well, I've got to go up there."

"No you don't. Not right now, for that matter. You can go in the morning. A few hours in jail won't hurt him."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments make me post faster.