I'll Be Damned If You're the Death of Me

028

*one month later*

I hadn't heard from Ben even though I told him to call me after their second baby check up with the doctor, and he wouldn't answer my calls.

They were so excited about having a baby, even Ben. They couldn't wait. They had already bought some little things just to be prepared. Wow.

So I drove over there. I walked in and Sam, James, and Brooklyn were watching something on the Discovery Channel.

"Where's Ben?"

"You don't know?" James asked me.

"What? What's going on?"

Sam sighed. "I think Ben should tell you."

"You guys are scaring me. Why is all the baby stuff in a bag?"

"Fuck it, just tell her Sam."

"The baby was a miscarriage."

"What? What happened?"

"They don't know, and they won't say. Reyna is hysterical and Ben's trying to be strong for her even though he's pretty upset himself."

"I'm going to go talk to him."

"Wait, you need to let them be." James grabbed my hand a little too hard, pulling me and almost made me run into his chest.

"I'm his sister, he can talk to me."

"The door is locked, they want to be alone right now. Just sit out here with us." He pulled me over to the couch with him.

"Mommy and Daddy love each other again?"

"I've never stopped loving your mommy, Brooks."

I tried not to blush.

"Mommy, you stay here with us now?"

"Soon, Brooklyn." James answered.

Reyna walked out with a mascara stained face.

"Where's Ben?" I asked.

"He was laying with me, but he fell asleep. I don't want to wake him."

I got up and hugged her and she buried her face in my shoulder.

"What did I do wrong?" She cried.

"Nothing at all. You would have been a great mother, you still WILL be a great mother, some day. It just wasn't the right time."

"Thank you so much, for everything you've done. But you don't have to stay."

"I am for now. I'm not leaving you or my brother."

"I need to leave."

"What? Why?"

"I'm think about going to stay with my mom for a few weeks. Just to get away from it, she can help me cope."

"Um, are you forgetting about Ben here?"

"He'll be okay for a while. But I need to do this for me, I love Ben to death and I would never leave him, but I will go insane."

"When are you planning on leaving?"

"Tonight or tomorrow morning, at the latest."

"You can't just leave and not tell him."

She nodded.

"I'm going to go see Danny, I'll be back in a little while." I pulled out a new pack of cigarette's and started hitting it with the back of my hand.

"Hey, wait up, I'll walk outside and smoke with you." James got up and walked outside with me.

"Do you need to bum one?"

He grinned and nodded. "So how are you? And Danny of course."

"We're not together, if that's what you're thinking."

"Are you having sex?"

"No."

"You look like you're actually eating, kind of."

"I weigh 103 now."

"Maybe you'll gain that meat back on your ass."

I went into a coughing fit. "And that concerns you why?" I laughed.

"You'll always concern me."

"Oh is that so."

"I'm always going to look out for you, you're my baby mama."

"And that's why you're asking about my sex life, obviously."

"It's my business." He smirked.

"Mmm, whatever you say."

"Well, I need to go." I put my cigarette out and threw it in the trash can.

"Drive safe." He hugged me bye and it lingered, and his hands slowly trailed down my back, it gave me the chills. I kissed his cheek, and headed down the stairs, almost tripping and busting my ass. I heard James laugh.

"Twat."
♠ ♠ ♠
GO SUBSCRIBE TO THE SEQUEL, THE LINK IS AT THE TOP RIGHT OF THE PAGE.
only 18 out of 48 of you have done so, and there are only 2 more chapters left of this.
go.
do
it
now