I surrender

I SURRENDER

Take me apart. Piece by piece. Carve inside me, and rummage all you want. Everything I am, after all, belongs to you.

I will let your blade inside me, I will let you have my blood. I’m but your despised possession. My true face, which no one’s seen, belongs to you.

Do what you will with me. Torture me, or take me to heaven. Put me in the pyre, crucify me. Maybe even love me a little, since all my pain and my joy, you guessed it, belong to you.

Use me for whatever purpose. Knit purses out of my skin threads. Build a ladder of my bones. Store my eyeballs in the cupboard. Why should I want anything else? You decide what I will be, since my dreams all feature you.

My heart’s on that platter. Take it. Keep it in a dry, safe drawer. Head to toe, crust to core. You’ve consumed me with your fire. Will you love me? Will you hate me? Make up your mind now, be swift. The only thing I can’t do is wait forever, because I would die of loneliness. Just talk to me, just talk to me.

Watch me laying in your rose bed. Ready to take your decision. I don’t remember my life before you. I might as well have been a housefly until my eyes laid on yours. I only know one thing about my past.

I was once a sugarcube. Fragile, untouched, mildly happy. Then you picked me up in your fingers, and destroyed me to the very atom. And I’m thankful. For I wouldn’t know love without you. It’s too bad you don’t love me. Days go by incomplete and heavy. You never come.

All I know, you have taught me. All I want is your warm touch, even if it kills me. All I need is a signal, a word, and I’ll be yours forever. I’m naked, at your disposal.

If only you knew my name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading. Comments greatly appreciated.