Status: Finished!

Matchmaker

Chapter One: Some Suprise

My name’s Ellie. Well, sort of. It’s actually Elettra. It’s Italian for “shining bright.” My parents did everything they could to remind me that they’re from Italy.

Anyway, I’m Ellie. My best friend Morgan and I? We’re like Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen; we never go anywhere without one another. We’ve been best friends since we were 3. Our birthdays are only 4 days apart; I’m older. We’re like sisters; two peas in a pod. I don’t know what I’d do without her.

A year ago, right after her 19th birthday, Morgan got a modeling contract with Victoria’s Secret. She traveled to Japan, China, France, Spain, and the United Kingdom. She’s kind of a big deal.

The only problem with this is that she had to leave me for the whole year. Not cool. Turns out she loved London so much, she moved there. She had all her things shipped over last month.

The good in all of this? She asked me to move out there with her! She’s got an extra room in her apartment, and she said she refuses to live there without me.

So, that’s where I’m headed; to London. Me, Ellie Rossi. London.

That’ll be a sight.
**************

I woke up to “Tonight” by Enrique Iglesias. I knew it was Morgan, so I picked it up without hesitation.

“What?” I asked, looking at the clock. 4:39 a.m. Awesome.

“Girl, your flight leaves in 40 minutes!” Morgan said on the other end, laughing at me.

“Do you realize what time it is?!” I asked, sitting up in my bed. She laughed.

“No. We have a five hour time difference; it’s no big deal for me. Now get out of bed, lazy ass. You’re moving in today!” she beamed. She was too much to handle at 5 in the morning.

“Okay, okay. God. I’ll call you from the plane,” I said.

“Okay, Miss Cranky Pants. Love you, bitch,” she said. I flipped my phone shut and sighed, rubbing my eyes. It was going to be a long day.
*************

Eight glorious hours later, my flight landed in Heathrow Airport. I hopped off the plane and made my way into the terminal.

“ELLIE!”

I looked around for the unmistakable voice. Before I met her face, Morgan tackled me in a hug, almost knocking me over. I squealed loudly and hugged her back.

“OH MY GOD! HI!” I exclaimed back, hugging her tightly.

“You look awesome! Damn, been hitting the gym?” she asked, laughing.

“Psh, you know it. Gotta work hard to keep up with you,” I joked. She rolled her eyes.

“Whatever, you know you’ve always been the heartbreaker,” she said.

“Yeah, okay Miss ‘Two Dates to Senior Prom,’” I laughed.

“Ahem.” Someone behind Morgan cleared their throat.

“Oh, right! Uhm, Ellie? Meet my surprise,” she said.

“Oh, a boy?! What’s his-… Oh, dear Lord,” I said. Behind her was Daniel Radcliffe. The Daniel Radcliffe.

Some surprise.