Status: C O M P L E T E D;

Game Over

I'll Let You Go Now;

Anya's p.o.v
Image

"Anya." I heard Kiara call from the hallway of our old apartment. I looked at her, breaking my stare away from gazing at the cloudy day, "What is it?" I asked. She tossed over an envelope to me. I picked it up and opened it up, reading the contents of what was in the letter. A silky small bow was taped onto the side of the letter and a beautiful picture of Tori was near the bottom part.

"To whom ever it may concern.

This is on behalf of our beautiful daughter Tori who was lost in the world no one can ever explain. She was so young and so full of life, head strong and caring and so much more. She hadn't lived her life yet and we feel as if this funeral will be our last memory of Tori. Although she will always be in our heart, we will miss her dearly. A friend who has gone into the game with Tori had ordered her body to be returned to the real world and be prepared for this funeral. We will be burying her on Friday, August 27th. We would like all of your support and everyone is welcome to come out.

Sincerely Mr and Mrs. Smith."


I looked over at Kiara, she leaned against the wall looking at me, "Are we going?" She wondered. I stood up sighing, "Friday's in two days...better go shopping right?" I wondered as she nodded before silently walking off into the deep dark parts of her room. Thunder roared in the clouds above our ceiling. I slowly sank back into the couch next to the window, looking up with starry eyes as the angels cried rain that pounded hard against the window. I put my hand against the clear glass, "I know how you feel." I said softly.

____

Friday came faster than any of us had predicted. In the past two days I don't know how I roamed around or even lived to see the brand new day. It was excruciating. Kiara and I, we didn't have the strength to even pull ourselves out of bed let alone go to the kitchen and get some food. Two days with no food. I didn't even feel starved. I felt a lot of exhaustion though. I looked myself in my vanity mirror. My black dress flowing to a stop, my eyes decorated in beautiful eye liner. I felt pretty...pretty enough to be going to my best friend's funeral. I blinked looking at myself intently through the glass. Who have I become? What happened to the relationship I had with Kiara? We were fun, loving, awesome...and now? Now we were just strangers to ourselves and each other. It tore me apart piece by piece. The devil laughed at my pain and god turned away from it.

The past weeks we've returned people have talked and they don't ever seem to stop. Yes Kiara, Mark, and I have individually claimed 1 million dollars. But I'd trade it all back to get my best friend back. Even though Tori tried to kill me...I regret defending myself. I wish she just stabbed me through the chest and left me for dead, I would've accepted that. I killed her because I do admit that I had no other choice, but no one cares! No one gives a shit what I went through. I'm a monster for what I've done and it hurts when people point the finger saying it was my fault that Tori snapped and lost her mind. Maybe it was my fault, but I never had the mere thought of doing what I did on purpose. I was mad, but I just told Tori to take a hike. Tori was wrong from the start! It was Tori's fault and I'm suffering from it! Everyone's praying for her, saying that she'll go to heaven when I just wanna be damned to hell along with her.

She had to suffer and she pulled me down as well. How selfish, how sick, how stupid and mean and disgusting could she have gotten. I felt my face turning red in anger. My door was closed, locked. I blinked at myself a couple times as angry tears hit my eyes. Then I lost it, "Fuck!" I shouted throwing the contents of my vanity desk. My hand slicing through all of them as they flew sideways into my wall. A loud bang, my little compact mirror shattered, my makeup spilled open and black content fluttered through the air landing on the ground.

I grabbed the small desk chair and chucked it into my door, it cracked as the wood legs broke off and fell twisted. Angry tears flew down my cheeks, my mascara was running, my heart was pounding, mind racing. A hundred thoughts flew in and out, "It wasn't my fault god damn it! It was all her fault!" I shrieked angrily. I closed my eyes growling at myself.

"First I'm gonna kill you, and then I'm gonna kill her."

I snapped, my eyes opened and I was back in the game, re-living every moment as I watched Kiara send an uppercut into Tori's jaw, she fell back, clenching the blade like it was her life and she wasn't going to let it drop. Kiara and my clone raced through the forest at high speed. I watched it unfold like a movie. Tori shrieking with fury as she was getting ready to chuck the blade, "No!" I shreiked running in front of Tori, but she tossed the blade towards my clone. The blade passed through my heart and I felt the pain in my leg surge up once again as it hit my clone. I fell to the ground as so did my clone, grasping my leg and screaming at top notch. My lungs sizzled at the new screech that burst through my voice. I closed my eyes as tears passed and opened them to see myself back in my room.

I was getting to my feet, blinking a couple times as I saw my room transform to the scene where Tori stabbed the blade into my armor, closest to my chest. My eyes went wide, my mouth gaping open as I gasped for air, hands and legs turning purple from the cut off of blood circulation. Then Tori pulled out the blade and I punched her. I staggered to my feet, but fell into a rock, head long as everything went black for a couple moments. I woke up to see my clone kick Tori off the ledge. I reached out, "Tori! Tori no! What have I done! Why did you do that to her!"

I snapped back to reality. My room was torn apart and the rock I smashed my head into was my drawer. I pulled away, panting, out of breath as flashes of the scene occurred in my memory. I struggled to my feet before tripping over the edge of my bed and falling onto my vanity mirror. My hands were placed against the beautiful glass as I looked into my own demonic eyes, "You." I said in a whisper, "You killed her." I sobbed, "It is all your fault." I growled. I formed my hand into a fist, "YOU FUCKING KILLED HER!" I smashed my fist through the glass, shattering it immediately as pain attacked my bloody knuckles. I grabbed the pink frame of broken dreams and threw it onto the floor before exhaustion hit me and I fell into hysteria as I leaned back against the wall, sobbing and crying as hard as I ever have before sliding down in a mess.

Kiaras p.o.v
Image

I sat on the couch waiting for Anya, but it was taking forever. I heard her yell at someone and I walked over to her room. I was getting ready to knock when I heard her scream agony and something cracked against her door. I flinched and stumbled back stunned, "It wasn't my fault god damn it! It was all her fault!" She shrieked. I felt tears stab my eyes, was Anya going crazy now too? It was hard enough to be attending one friend's funeral...but if I had to attend another I was going to put a bullet straight through my head. It's a hard time for us, a very hard time indeed. We never planned any of this. We planned of winning a million dollars and coming out at the top, being praised by everyone around us, being envied, but this? This was...not what we expected. It must be so hard on Anya. I don't know how she plans on dealing with herself if she can't face the fact that she had no other choice.

"No!" Anya's beautiful voice shattered with a blood curling shriek that sent me running down the hall away from her room. She sounded like she had just seen a ghost, or she was being slaughtered alive. It brought tears to my eyes when I could still here her screaming and bashing her fists and breaking down from the living room, "Tori! Tori no! What have I done?! Why did you do that to her?!" I paused, she was talking to herself like she was the enemy. It scared me to the core and when someone knocked on the door I shrieked in sheer panic, "Kiara!? Kiara what's wrong!?" I ran to the door and opened it, Mark stood their with his tuxedo. He looked at me like I had just lost my mind when he didn't even know what was really going on, "Anya she-" I cut caught off when I heard glass shatter, "YOU FUCKING KILLED HER!" I gasped and turned my head towards Anya's door. Mark shoved past me and ran down the hallway as I heard Anya sobbing into her own coma.

I had nothing better to do, I didn't want to get involved or see her in pain. So I walked over to the window and sat my self down on the small couch and shook my head as I looked up into the sky, "You ruined us Tori, you really fucked us over you know that?"
Anya's p.o.v
Image

I heard pounding on my door, "Anya? Baby open the door." I didn't even have the strength to speak anymore. I just sat there, my knees to my chest, my hands on top of them, my eyes were like waterworks but I no long had the strength to cry. Then I heard a loud crash and my door broke off on it's hinges, "Anya! Are you ok--Jesus Christ, what did you do to yourself." I looked on at the same spot as I had been for the past couple minutes. Mark fell on his knees in front of me and took my bloody hand in his, "Anya...Anya look at me." He brought my face towards his and it was hard to avoid those beautiful eyes since they were right there, right in front of me. His lips and mine were a couple inches apart and his forehead was touching mine, "Say something babe...say anything."

I gulped and shook my head, "I'm sorry." I choked, my voice small and soft, scared and alone. He furrowed his eyebrows, "For what?" He asked, "For this." I whispered, "Anya don't be stupid. It's hard." I nodded, "Very."

With my other hand I reached over and fixed his tie as he laughed hesitantly, "Seriously?" I looked up into his eyes, mine filled with pity and agony before I pulled his tie, pulling him along with me as the small distance between my lips and his touched and sparks flew. He pulled away after a moment and stood up, throwing his hand down for me to take. I looked up at him. Why was he so good to me? When there was darkness everywhere all I saw was him, all I ever thought of was him. It's like he was the light. Was this love or was this just a temporary thing? Will he go away soon or will he stay with me forever? All these questions needed so many answers, but I didn't find any. I pushed that thought to the back of my head and I took his hand in mine, "Now let's go get that beautiful hand fixed and we'll go to the funeral." I tensed up and he turned back to look at me, "Don't worry okay?" He reached over and fixed the necklace that I had on, fluffed out the dress and wiped some black mascara out of my face, "I'm here."

_____

We were just entering the funeral, Mark was parking the car and told Kiara and I to head in ourselves. The minute we did everyone glared at me. It wasn't that shocking until they glared at Kiara too. Kiara instantaneously took my hand in fear and intimidation. I heard people murmuring and whispering and I heard someone call Mr. and Mrs. Smith. They both looked at us in shock before Mrs. Smith walked up to us, "Why are you two here?" She growled at us in a hushed tone. Kiara froze, "Why wouldn't we be here? You sent us an invitation." She laughed bitterly, "As courteous. We have to tell you to leave this place this instant." I gritted my teeth, "This is an open cemetery. I came here to see my best friend now you better shut the fuck up and let me see her or I swear to god I'll blow this place down. Do you understand me?" I growled as Kiara pulled my hand. I looked at her as she shook her head. Mrs. Smith sighed softly, "There better not be a scene at my daughter's funeral." And she walked away.

Kiara looked at me, "People already hate us, why add onto it?" She scolded, "Why be a victim of it? They can hate all they want I don't give a damn. This is my friends funeral and I have the right to be here." I growled back, "Murderer!" I heard someone shout as the funeral began. I whipped my head over and saw some kids laughing and adults just watching me. Some were to scared to even make eye contact with me.

"Shut up idiots." I heard Mark snap at one of the kids who said it. The kid turned around and looked at Mark before turning away embarrassed. Mark soon made his way over to us and we sat down, "We are here to remember who this beautiful young woman was. Tori Smith, who was always so happy, filled with life and always helping others. It is going to be a hard goodbye for a lot of you, especially the person who brought Tori upon this fate." I furrowed my eyebrows and glared at the priest who spoke. A lot of people looked over at me before back at the speaker.

"It wasn't her time to go, but God will bring her into the gates of paradise with open arms. May she rest in peace. Gone but not forgotten. Tori Smith, now will anyone like to come up and speak some last words on behalf of Tori's departure?" A couple people murmured before I felt a nudge, "Hey you, why don't you go up and speak since you know, you must be 'dying' over your friends death." They mocked me. I looked over at the woman who spoke and she shook her head, "Sick." She said to me before I stood up, "I'd like to say something." I growled, "Anya sit down." Kiara said softly, "No I want to speak." I started making my way towards the podium, "Someone please get her out of here." Mrs. Smith snapped. I saw some guy come to touch me, "Touch me and I'll break that hand. Sit down and listen to me! All of you here keep mocking me! Telling me I wanted to do it on purpose?! Well fuck you! Now that bitch over there wanted me to say something because I'm 'dying' over my friends death, now sit down and shut the fuck up and listen to me!"

Everyone looked at me stunned. Kiara was the only one with a composed face.

I pushed the priest away from the podium when he didn't budge. I cleared my throat, "Tori's been my best friend since I could remember. So what? She was head strong and kind and always helped others, that's not why were gonna remember her. Were gonna remember her because she was the most loving person anyone's ever met and if you deny with that fact then get up and leave." I paused trying to grab my breath and take it easy, but it was hard since there was a picture of Tori to the side of me and her casket in back of me.

"People keep saying that it was my fault that Tori went crazy in the game...I think it's my fault to. I don't blame any of you to keep pointing the finger and saying all this crap about me. Go ahead, do you think I care? I already hate myself and on top of that I have millions hating me for it as well." I realized there were news crew cameras who were video taping me from a far. Gosh would they ever give up?

"It's hard for me but so easy for you to just assume and point and say "she's a murderer." yea last time I checked, I was stabbing my best friend with a knife and trying to kill her." Everyone went silent, everyone looked at me before looking around stunned, "It's been weeks since we've gotten back. I've had a lot of lovers and a lot of haters. You know what I think? I think you all expected way to much from me, from Tori, and from Kiara. Let me remind you that I never wanted to go. I never ever ever wanted to go but Tori forced us, Tori wanted it, and what ever Tori wants she gets. If Kiara wasn't involved...if Kiara wasn't threatened with death that day then maybe I wouldn't have been here right now and all of you would be attending my funeral with Tori speaking up here. Would you call her a murderer or a defender?"

Kiara's face twisted before she put a hand over her mouth and cried. It wasn't just a cry of anguish it was a sob of pain. I shook my head and hearing other people sobbing and crying for the one that I killed sent me into a daze as tears hit my eyes, "You know." I stammered as my voice broke, "I don't know what I'm trying to prove. I know it's my fault, but leave me alone. Tori's some place better than this hell. And I'm glad she's watching from up there and not from here cause even though she's crazy...she'd kick all of your asses. She loves me. And I love her. And no matter what you all think, no matter what Tori thought or what I did, I will always love her despite what I did. And no matter what happens in the future this will always be my fault. But I'm happier saying it now to all of you then keeping it all inside and listening to your stupid words. I love Tori...and I always will. And no one will change that fact, not even me..."

I looked down as tears streamed down my face and then I got down from the podium and walked past my seat, past the people who were there and towards the exit as people watched and talked.

Around 3O minutes later, rain began pouring like hell. It thundered and I looked over to see people holding black umbrellas like it was a movie. I looked down at my hands, shaking from the cold as I sat on a faded bench. I felt the rain stop pounding onto my head and a shadow cast over. I looked up and saw Mark looking down at me, "What the hell are you doing? Their burying Tori. Aren't you going to say your last goodbye?" He asked me, "No." I responded looking back down at my shaky hands, "Why not?" He asked. A long pause as the rain sounded like music, "I'm not ready to say goodbye yet." Mark nodded looking down on me.

"Anya...let it go." He said before another pause. I finally lifted my head and looked at him, "Let it go." He said once again before walking back towards the burial.

____

Everyone was gone now. They buried Tori and left. I didn't even have the guts to look towards the tomb of where she lay. It all crept up on me like a ghost. Turn and look...just look. I slowly turned my head after listening to myself and saw Kiara on her knees, looking down at the tomb as she cried her heart out. Mark wasn't there anymore, he was walking away towards the car. I looked to the side of me and found a bunch of red and white roses. I picked a couple, the thorns pricking me and making me bleed. I stood up, my legs buckling and almost giving out from underneath me. The rain wasn't pouring anymore, it was sprinkling.

I slowly walked over to Kiara and I heard her sobs as I just stood back and watched her, "Crazy huh? Felt like it was yesterday when we all met in 5th grade." She cried. I silently sat down on the wet grass, looking at the tomb straight on, "Rest In Peace Tori Smith." I read, "Gone but not forgotten." I sighed finishing the rest. Kiara cried even harder than before, "Kiara don't cry." I said emotionlessly, "Don't cry! I'm not a robot like you! I care for her and I know you do to but I can't stop myself! She was our life, part of it and now it feels like part of my life is missing and is gone." She stood up shaking her head, "You didn't even say good bye to her because your scared! Your scared to say it because you don't want to let her go! I know you Anya, I know you very well! Just grow some guts and tell her you love her, tell her how much you've cried for her, tell her how much you miss her cause she's waiting for you to say it!" I looked up at her as thunder rumbled in the air, "And don't come back home to see me till you've done that." She said before turning away and heading for the car.

I sighed and looked back towards the grave, "Well. You heard what she said, maybe I should start by listening to her...maybe I should start by saying sorry. Who am I kidding, I'm talking to your fucking grave." I paused, "You know things are hetic. I...really miss you and I'm really sorry for what I had to do. I didn't mean it, I didn't want it to end that way but you brought on your own fate. Why would you want to hurt me Tori you know I love you...and what you did or tried to do to Mark was wrong. I know it was wrong...you knew it was and so did everyone watching. But you see no one cares about that anymore, because everyone loved you. No one loved me the way they did you. I'm just this bitch in society who learned to throw everyone under a couple of tires you know? They don't know how much I love you. Maybe it's because I never said it or showed it to you properly like Kiara would. Maybe I was to cool to say it to you. Wow, I fucked up." I shook my head, "I do love you and I do cry for you. I've cried inside more than the outside because people wouldn't care if I cried or not. I miss you a lot, and I know your waiting to hear me say good bye...but I can't say it to you." I shook my head as tears mixed in with the water on my face.

"I want to share this million dollar thing with you, because it was your dream. And now? Now your not here to enjoy your dream. Now Kiara and I are gonna move on with our lives and forget each other because...because hoenstly you were the one keeping us together. Did you really think that we just came together for no reason? There was a purpose...that was you, you were the biggest reason why were here now. It was your choice to go to this game, it was your choice to become best friends with us and it was your choice to love us like a sister." I stood up, "And I thank you so fucking much. You changed me...in such a good way that I can't believe you are capable of handilng so much power." My voice broke, "Goodbye Tori. I'll miss you, but I won't ever forget you." I dropped the two roses I had in my hand down onto her grave.

Kiaras p.o.v
Image

I watched from the bench that Anya was sitting on at how she cried with so much pain that I had. She stood up and dropped the two flowers before walking the other way, past the car, past the graveyard. I stood up and called out to her, "Anya where are you going?" I asked her. She stopped and turned to look at me, "I don't know Kiara." She responded, "Are you leaving?" I wondered, "...This is a hard time for both of us. I can't handle anything anymore. I need to find myself." I nodded as my heart stuttered a beat, "Will I ever see you again?" I asked her, "Maybe." She stated. I nodded to myself, "Goodbye Anya!" I shouted as my voice broke. Anya laughed suddenly, angelically as I looked at her through my blurry vision, "Don't say goodbye...I'm not leaving forever yet." And she turend and walked away, through the rain that picked up again, through the darkness that enveloped my world. But even though I lost one friend and the other was leaving me I wasn't scared. I didn't feel sad, or mad. I saw light in my vision, I had hope that maybe, just maybe one day we'd be better together or better off with out each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END; the last chapter of Game Over was published today. Thank you all so much for the comments and subscribing. You've put so much faith into us c: Kendra and I really do appreciate it. Kendra didn't want to do the funeral part so I decided to update it. This whole story was from our tragic friendship problems. No; nobody died. No one got killed; it was the emotions, the sadness of losing someone who was very near to you and never getting them back. Friendship lost but not forgotten; thank you all so so much <3

Peace;