Baby, Just Breathe.

This Is How We Live

A couple of days passed normally.
Sophia and I started to get along pretty good and I was glad to know she talked a lot about me to her mother. That was the sign I was a good influence on her and I was sure that did count a lot, so Jenny didn’t think of me like someone crazy. She knew her daughter was in good hands.
Day by day I got to know the girl better and I realized that what she needed was just someone who listened to her. She liked to talk about her school, the shows she liked on TV and most of all she liked to talk about her brother. I basically knew everything about him without even knowing him personally.

“Are we going to the park today?”

“Whatever you want, kid-o”

“I want to go to the park”

“Perfect. Go get dressed and we will go wherever you want”

She ran up in her room –when we made a deal she was really obedient- and I waited for her in the kitchen, entertaining myself while watching her drawings. Of course, the thing –or should I say the person- she used to draw the most, was her brother. I was still waiting when I heard the phone ringing, so, as Mrs. O’Callaghan told me to pick up and then get her the messages, I did my part and I answered the call.

“Hello?”

The person on the other side stayed silent for a couple of seconds.

“Who’s this?”

From the voice, I could tell it was a guy. And I was pretty sure it was John.

“John?”

“Yes. Who is this? And why are you in my house?”

“I’m Lauren, Sophia’s baby sitter”

He didn’t talk again for a while. The whole phone call was really awkward.

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry! I didn’t remember about you, I thought you were a thief or something”

“A thief doesn’t answer to a call in the house he is ripping off”

“You’ve got a point…I’m sorry again. Nice to…talk to you, though! I’d say meet but I can’t really tell that”

“Well, I know you’re coming back soon so I guess we will meet each other”

“I hope so. Sophia is really happy to spend her days with you. She told me you are a nice girl”

“She is too. She is getting dressed at the moment; we’re going to the park”

“Cool! I’d like to be there, but I will be soon. Maybe we can go to the park all together sometimes”

“I take that as a promise”

“I always keep my promises. Sophia knows it. Anyway, I just wanted to tell her and mom that I’ll be home until September. We didn’t make it for a new tour because of some issues, so I will be able to spend a lot of time with them. Can you get them the news?”

“Of course! And that’s awesome. They’ll be happy, especially Sophia”

“I’m happy too. I miss that kid to death”

I smiled. It was an automatic consequence after what he said.

“She does too. So, she told me about your band…is the UK tour going well so far?”

“Yes, it’s amazing! But I miss the Arizona heat. It’s June here too but I’m not use to see raining everyday”

“I heard that the English weather is not the best in the world”

“You can tell! Now I really have to go. Give a kiss to Sophia and tell mom to call me back as soon as she’s back from work, would you?”

“I’m here for that”

“Thanks. I guess I’ll see you in about a week then. I’m looking forward to meet who is making my sister happy at home. I’ve been worried a lot lately but now that I know you’re there and you’re a good girl I’m definitely better. Have a nice day and take care!”

We hung up and in that same moment Sophia came down. I told her about the call and she was so happy about the news that she even hugged me. She started listing all the things she wanted to do with her brother once he was home. And in all her plans she was including me as well. I didn’t know if I still had to baby sit her then, but I was glad to hear she wanted to spend her days with me. Thinking about the way I didn’t want to take care of her at the beginning made me feel like a total shit. She was becoming nicer and nicer everyday, maybe still a bit whimsical, but she was a kid after all, she had to be.

We made our way to the park and while I kept an eye on her playing with the sand in the little space where the kids were meant to play with each others, I decided to read a book. The sun was hot and I felt my body heating because of it. I liked the Arizona weather as much as John did. When I thought about him, I remember our phone call of minutes before and I smiled. His voice could totally have cheered whoever was down. If he was just the half kind as Sophia, I could have fallen in love with him really easily. But oh, well.
Did I mention that I want to avoid any chance of falling in love with someone?
♠ ♠ ♠
So!
I'm really sorry if you had to wait to much for this update this time. It's just cause I'm having exams at college so I'm studying hard and I can't come on my computer too much. I always used my other computer in the past week, and the one with the stories on it it's the laptop.
Today I had an exam but I didn't pass it... :( And I have one on monday as well, so I'm really busy. I've been asked to update so I took a moment to do it. The next update is due for the next week tho, I promise. Especially cause FINALLY John is coming home, so Lauren will finally meet him :)

Cause of the lack of updates I also lost a couple of subscribers. I'm sorry for that, but it's really not my fault if I couldn't post! I hope you understand my situation.

Thanks for all the comments on the past chapter, you are truly amazing.
Made my day, leave a comment, uh?

Danielle
xxxxxx