Status: Still being thought out.

Carvings in the Ice

Left Unsaid

The pounding of a fist on wood broke Jonathan's slumber. "Hey, Tazer, you dead?" Mike was calling.
He blinked rapidly, wondering why his face felt wet. Then he stood up straight, nearly knocking himself unconscious on the shower head. "Oh, fuck."
"You all right?" Pound, pound, POUND.
"Yeah, I'm fine!" he yelled back.
"Well, good, because I NEED THE FUCKING SHOWER." POUND. Footsteps.
"Asshole." Jonathan rubbed a hand over his soaked head, sighing. He'd never dozed off during a shower before. Good thing he was standing... God, he was sore. He'd skated harder and longer than he ever had before, had nearly collapsed coming off of the ice, and was now falling asleep when he should be showering. A nap was definitely in order.
He sped through the rest of his shower, toweled himself off and put on boxers and sweatpants. Towel around his neck, he made his way into the other room, mumbling an apology to Mike, who was staring at him.
"Hey, man, it's all good. But, uh... if you wanna have a go, do it on your own time," he told Jon, winking and moving his hand in front of himself.
"For fuck's sake." Jonathan whipped his towel at him, catching him on the shoulder, and collapsed onto his bed. Almost immediately, he felt himself fall asleep... and into a dream of being alone in the locker room at the arena, in the showers, feeling the soft touch of hands on his shoulders, creeping down his back. He turned around, and there she was, smiling, looking just the way she did the other night. "What are you doing here?" he whispered.
"Shh..." She put a finger to his lips. "Don't say anything. Unless you want me to go-"
"No."
She smiled wider. "Good." She pulled her top over her head as he slid her jeans down. He bent to kiss her hungrily, hands caressing her bare hips, and as he slid down to her neck, he picked her up, pulling her on top of him. Her skin became wet, slick from the shower stream, and he covered every inch that he could, licking the droplets off as they formed. She shivered, cradling his head in her hands. Jonathan turned with her so that she was resting against the wall, feeling her shiver as he kissed her collarbone, her breasts, her belly. He bent up to kiss her lips again and slipped inside her, enjoying the moan she made into his mouth. He started to thrust into her, swelling and groaning, heat rising between them until all he could see was steam...
"Christ, Tazer, keep it down, will ya?"
He woke up. The sun was setting outside, and Mike was standing over him. "What did I say? Do it on your own damn time."
"Fuck off!" he wanted to tell him, but he couldn't find the words. This was getting out of hand. When he wasn't busy with practice and focusing on the games, all he could think about was Annabelle. Wanting to be with her, kiss her, touch her, talk to her. He didn't know why, but this wasn't going to be good, not for either of them.
He had to talk to her.

"OW! That hurts. You told me this was going to feel good, remember?"
"Well, it would if you'd relax and stop moving."
"It's hard to stop when you keep- OW!"
Annabelle sighed. "Patrick. The only way I'm going to work these kinks out is if you relax."
He rolled his eyes and sat back against her legs. "Don't kill me."
"Like I could kill you."
"You want to sometimes," he pointed out.
"True, but this isn't one of them, miraculously. Now hush."
For a few minutes they were perfectly quiet, save for the soft exhales he made as she massaged his shoulders and back. He tilted his head forward as she worked on the base of his neck, then back when she moved down his spine. "God, this feels amazing," he whispered.
She giggled. "I thought it hurt."
"Yeah, but... oh, whatever."
Her phone vibrated next to her. "Leave it," he commanded, eyes closed. She looked at the screen. The number wasn't in her phone, but there was a text message there anyway. Jonathan.
"Hey, can I see u tonight?"
Patrick opened his eyes and, nosy being as he was, looked at the message as she read it over. "Is that your boy? Aww."
"My boy? Since when?"
"Since you and he got it on in the club. Bastard always did dance better than me."
Annabelle rolled her eyes. "He wants to see me, so..."
"So go for it, girl. Trust me, he's a good guy. A little dense at times, but he's great. And he'll treat you good. At least, I'll break his face if he doesn't."
She laughed. "Thanks, Pat."
"No problem." He smiled. "Hey, if I can't... at least my buddy can. Right?"
He chuckled awkwardly and looked down, unsure of what to say next, and Anna's heart swelled. She hugged him. "No matter what, you're still my friend, and I still love you," she whispered. "I only wonder how it is you can deal with me."
He laughed. "You're amazing, Annabelle. Any idiot can see that." He stood up. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some serious sleeping to do. And you have a boy toy you gotta see."
"Patrick." She smacked him playfully.
"Oh, and be forewarned, if you hurt him I'll have to hurt you too. Equal opportunity ass-kicking, you know." He winked. "Now get outta here."

Jonathan had told her to meet him by the bench they'd sat at, so that was where Annabelle headed, insides twisting only slightly. It was true, she still felt nervous around him- but that was her general inexperience talking, the way she was with men despite the outer confidence she displayed. She hadn't had the chance to date many guys, though she'd had a few. They were all the same, though- figure skaters, boring, stuck on themselves. Jon was different. He was as awkward as she was when it came to this stuff, even though he didn't need to be. It was refreshing.
She saw him sitting there already, looking at his phone. When he saw her approach, he smiled. "Hi."
"Hey," she said. "What's up?"
"Nothing, um, have a seat." He made room for her on the bench, kissing her cheek once she'd sat down. She smiled, her face flushing.
"Why do you do that?" he asked, grinning.
"What?"
"You blush like crazy when I touch you. It's adorable."
"Really?"
He nodded. "I think it is, anyway." He leaned in and kissed her tenderly, and she felt her entire body respond. She touched his face, pulling closer to him. When it had ended, she whispered, "Sorry."
"Don't be." Jon brushed her hair back from her face. "I like it."
"So... I don't think you called me over here just to make me a gibbering fool."
He laughed. "No, I didn't. I just wanted to be with you."
I just wanted to be with you. Those words filled her up with an unspeakable feeling, one that left her speechless. She could only smile and look into those big brown eyes she couldn't stop thinking about, until he kissed her once more. Then they stood and started to walk, his hand holding hers, talking about nothing and everything all at once.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwwwwwwww. when the hell did I get so romantic? Sigh. :|