Status: irregular.

So I Met You

Two

I finally arrived at school! It’s 7:30 AM on my watch. I went running down the hall to my classroom as fast as I can. I was such in a hurry that I didn’t see where I was going and I accidentally bumped on a guy. The impact of our collision was so strong that we both fell hard on the floor. The folder he was carrying with the papers inside went flying up in the air and was scattered all over the floor.
“Ouch!” We both screamed.
“Will you watch where you’re going?! That hurts!” The guy I bumped shouted at me.
“I’m so sorry! I really didn’t mean it! I was just such in a hurry for my class. I’m so sorry!”
I started standing up. My head hurts and I still feel dizzy from the fall. I looked at the guy I bumped too; he was still sitting on the floor. His forehead turning really red.
“Oh my! I’m so sorry! You’re forehead is turning red! Does it hurt?!” I was so worried, I started to approach him to check on his red forehead. But as my hand was to touch him, he shoves me away.
“You ask me if it hurts?! Of course it does!”
“I’m sorry. I’m really really sorry! I didn’t mean it! Please forgive me!” I sunk down beside him. Clumsy me. Why would I ask if it hurts, of course it does!
I felt dumbfounded that moment.
“What are you spacing out? Stand up or your uniform will be dirty. I’m okay, so don’t worry.” The guy suddenly broke me from my thoughts.
He offered me his hand and helped me stand up.
“Next time just watch where you’re heading okay? So you won’t hurt anybody and yourself!” He smiled as he said to me.
I blushed. I felt my cheeks turning red.
“I am really really sorry! I did not mean to hurt you! I am so sorry!” I said while bowing my head so low to show I was sincere.
Then he just laughed. “I told you its okay! You don’t need to bow down to me!”
I lifted my head and looked at him. He gave me a reassuring smile, which made me breathe and smile as well.
He’s really nice. I said to myself. If it were other guys they might have scolded hard on me and made a fool of me in front of the school.
He then took his handkerchief from his pocket and offered it to me. I declined at first then he took my hand and placed the handkerchief.
“Clean your skirt. It’s dirty already.” He said to me.
I then started wiping off the dirt from my skirt using his handkerchief.
He then started picking up the papers scattered on the floor. So I stopped and helped him.
When I was picking up the papers, I saw his application paper.
Is he a new student? I thought to myself. And when I was about to ask him, I heard my name called.
“Miss White?! I believe my class with you should have started 50 minutes ago? Why are you still here outside?!” Ms. Viviane Laus voice soared and broke the silence. She was my English teacher.
“Are you late Miss White?” She asked.
I felt chills running through my bone. Her voice had a great air of authority which made me freak out. Well, any student who hears her voice does.
“Yes Ma’am! I am so sorry!” I nodded.
“You are late again? Now go to the room Miss White! You’re lucky I’m late so you won’t be marked absent. Now go back to the room before I do or you’ll surely be absent!”
“Yes ma’am!” Was all I can answer.
I then handed to the guy the papers, smiled at him for the last time. And went walking as fast as I can to my classroom.
Although Miss Viviane was scary, I believe she has a kind heart. She was always kind to me.
I hurriedly went to my classroom. When I arrived the room was a mess.
Everyone seemed busy with their own affairs. Some were busy chatting with their seatmate, while others were laughing and joking around. Others were even goofing around, throwing papers to each other like kindergartens.
I went to my seat upfront, first row, near the window.
As I was walking, a group of girls were glaring at me. I just ignored them as usual. They always stared at me like they wanted to eat me whole.
I sat down at my chair, and the girls, seated at my back, started laughing.
“What is she doing here? It’s 7:54 and she still has the guts to enter this room?” one of the girls said.
“Like yeah? Whatever! She looked like she went rolling down the hill going here to school. Her uniform is so untidy!” and they started giggling.
Bitches. What do you care?
“Aww, what a pity! I pity her girls. Her hair is all messy! Doesn’t she have any comb or clip at home?” A loud laughter followed.
“Who cares? She’s not important. Freakishly, unsociable, ugly girls like her are never important!”
“Hmm, I agree. I’m so glad we we’re born pretty!”
And they started laughing again.
I was silent, and I didn’t even answer back although it was clear they were talking about me. Again, it was always like this. Since way back I have always been a target of harassment, jokes, and backbiting.
Other people would always make fun of me or talk behind my back. And always, I just ignored them. I never defend myself so as not too cause more trouble. I always had to injure the pain before. Now that I am used to it, all those humiliating and degrading insults seem nothing. Or, it just seems to me, that I’m forcing myself to ignore them.
I was getting deep in my thoughts when it was broken by Miss Viviane as she entered our room.
Everyone started fixing chairs and went back to their seats. The room then felt silent.
“Good morning class! It’s a bright Tuesday morning today and you all seem to be in high spirits, right mister Wellbore? Stop texting or I’ll confiscate your phone and you will pick it up inside the trash can! When I’m talking, you listen, got it mister Wellbore?”
The only thing Jack Wellbore could do was nod. Indeed, Miss Viviane was scary.
“Good! Today, we have a new addition to this class. He is a new transferee to this school so I hope you welcome him dearly. His name is Edward Earl Jones. Mister Jones, please come in!”
And the new student entered the room. And all the girls at the back started murmuring and giggling.
“He’s so cute!” One of the girls said.
“He must be the new student everyone was talking about! He’s handsome!”
“Indeed he is! Oh my god! He is so hot!”
“He's the new student? He looks cool!” I heard Jack Wellbore exclaimed.
“Silence! Mister Jones, please introduce yourself!”
“Hello and Good morning everyone. My name is Edward Earl Jones and I am a transferee from Asian Literature Arts College. I hope you take good care of me here. Thank you!”
As I looked at the our new classmate, my heart started beating fast.
“Thank you Mister Jones. Now Mister Jones please sit on that vacant seat beside Miss White.” And Miss Viviane pointed the seat at my right.
The new student sat down, turned to me, and smiled.
“Hi! What a coincidence isn’t it? We’re on the same class!” he said to me.
I was astounded and shocked. I fell silent and couldn't say anything. Our new classmate was the same guy I bumped too this morning! What a coincidence indeed!
“I believe that Miss White and Mister Jones are acquainted? Then let’s start the class.”
Great. What an exciting morning I am having.
♠ ♠ ♠
:))