Beauty and the Beast

twelve

*Ring ring ring
"Hello mom, is everything okay?" Elle asked not paying attention to Milan's reaction to her newspaper column. It was too early in the morning in Vancouver for her parents to be calling her at this hour. Elle knew something was wrong and it worried her.

Milan didn't know how to react to the newspaper column, his roommate is in love with him and he realized he was in love with her too. He wasn't even paying attention to what Elle was saying on the phone, he figured she was just gossiping about what she got with Segs.

"I love y--." Milan stopped halfway landing his eyes on his crying roommate who was on the phone. He walked over to her and held Elle as she was crying into his arms. He didn't know what was going on or who she was on the phone with.

"My dad is dying." Elle sobbed to Milan shaking from crying so much. She was gripping onto him as if as soon as she let go he would disappear from her.

"I need a ticket to Vancouver now." Milan shouted into his phone as he heard the Virgin worker typing away. She found one ticket, first class leaving in an hour. As much as it pained him to see Elle leave after she sort of confessed her love to him, he knew that this needed to happen.

Milan carried Elle to the car as Aurora followed them into the car. Milan couldn't leave to go to Vancouver with Elle because someone needed to watch Aurora and he had a game in two days. The car ride was quiet as Aurora curled up in Elle's lap trying to comfort her owner.

"I'm sorry I can't come with you on your trip but I'm just a phone call away. I love you Elle." Milan stated before kissing her passionately. He wasn't sure when the next time he was going to see Elle and he didn't want to lose her. He just got her and he wasn't going to let her up.

"I love you too Milan. Thank you. for everything." Elle said as she walked down the walkway into the plane.

After the long plane ride and taxi ride to the hospital, Elle finally made it. She wasn't too sure if she was prepared to see her father in a sickly condition. In fact she didn't even know what happened, all her mother could get out was heart attack, fall, hospital.

Taking in a deep breath and a quid encouraging call from Milan, Elle opened the door to her father's room; "Derek?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter kind of sucks, but I was rushing to get it out since it's been soooo long!