Beauty and the Beast

seven

‘I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have. I have a boyfriend.’ Were the words that repeated through Milan’s head as he went to get some rest. He couldn’t believe that this whole time she was living with him, she didn’t bother to say anything. Well Milan and Elle never really talked on a personal level before. Their talk was mostly about each other’s job but never anything else. But Milan would have liked to know that Elle had someone so he wouldn’t have fallen so hard for her.

The next morning was just full of awkwardness for Elle and Milan. Neither knew what to do about the situation about last night. Elle didn’t want Milan to apologize about the kiss and Milan didn’t want to apologize either. Milan soon left for early morning practice as Elle went to go and give Katy a call.

“Oh my gosh, Katy you’ll never guess what happened.” Elle gushed into her phone as she was aimlessly scrolling down her facebook page.

“What happened?” Katy asked getting all excited Milan asked her out. From what Patrice was telling Katy it seemed like Milan was falling hard and quick for his beautiful roommate.

That’s when Elle went into very detail that she remembered from earlier this morning. From when they left the house to when Milan kissed Elle and all the way to the morning the awkwardness that filled the apartment.

“I don’t understand, why you can’t just dump your jerk of a boyfriend and get together with Milan.” Katy said after everything, sure she was worried about what had almost happened to Elle but knowing Milan he would make sure she was safe. He would do anything to make sure Elle didn’t have the fear of going outside again.

“Because, I’m not one of those type of girls who jump from guy to guy.” Elle said as she stopped at something was in her newsfeed; a picture of her boyfriend with one of her friends. Elle didn’t know how to react to the whole situation. “I have to call you back Katy.” Elle said hanging up before Katy could even get the word bye out.

Elle wasn’t sure what she was supposed to do next. Did she call up Derek telling him that she knew? Or did she try to ignore the fact that he was cheating on her? Elle quickly saved those pictures on her desktop and shut her computer. She needed to get her mind off of the whole situation and clear her head. Elle grabbed her favorite book and headed off to the gym downstairs.

Sitting on the bicycle Elle peddled her thoughts away. She was consumed in the book that she was reading that she lost track of time. It wasn’t the first time that Elle lost the track of time because of book that she was reading. The book was Beauty and the Beast the original version of the story.

In the book the father of Belle is a merchant who is very rich. But when a storm strikes his ship causing him to lose everything, him and his 3 daughters are set to live on a farm. As the father tries to get his wealth back the 2 daughters ask for lavish items thinking that they will be rich again; Belle asked for a simple rose. The father has to sell many things not getting the money he wanted on his way back home he stumbles upon a castle. Food is waiting for him but as the father leaves the castle he picks a rose for Belle. This angers the beast making the father live with him.

The father explains that the rose was for Belle, the beast lets the father go with the promise of Belle coming to live with him. As the father arrives home he caves and tells his youngest daughter about the deal that he made. Belle accepts this and travels to the castle to live with the beast. Everyday that she is there the beast ask her to marry him which she refuses each time. But in her dreams a handsome young prince asked her why she wouldn’t marry the beast which Belle in turned replied with that they are just friends.

The beast lavishes Belle with everything and anything. Belle begs the beast to let her visit her family because she is homesick. With her sisters seeing Belle well fed and lavished they become jealous. They convince Belle to stay over the week that the beast allowed her to stay. Using the mirror that the beast had given Belle she sees that he was dying by the rose garden. Belle quickly uses the ring that takes her back to see the beast almost dead.

Belle confesses her love for the beast despite his ugliness. With the true love that Belle has for the beast he gets transformed into the handsome prince of Belle’s dreams. From then on the two lived happily ever after.

“Elle!” Milan shouted as he saw his roommate peddling on the bike with a book in her hand. She was never without a book so it wasn’t odd that she was working out and reading at the same time. Elle quickly looked up in the direction of the voice that called her to find a wet haired Milan.

“Is something wrong?” Elle asked wondering why he shouted her name in the gym. Elle slowly got off the bike as her legs were feeling a little wobbly. Riding the bike was the only exercise that Elle did so she was tired already. Milan just wrapped her in a hug not caring if she was sweaty while he had just taken a shower.

“I was so scared that something happened to you.” Milan said running a hand through his hair after he hugged Elle. Milan had never been so scared of someone outside of hockey like that. He literally tore up the apartment and even called Seguin to ask if he knew where she would be.

“Oh, sorry. I guess I lost track of time.” She said holding up her book. Milan nodded his head, it got awkward again. The two of them made their way back up to his apartment. Elle went right to the bathroom so she could shower and change. She needed to talk to someone and that person was going to be Tyler.
After Elle took a shower she texted Tyler to ask if he was free. And of course he was so they planned to meet at Pinkberry. Well Tyler was going to pick up Elle but they both agreed to go to Pinkberry. Elle changed into jeans, long sleeve and a coat. It was really cold outside but they were both hooked on Pinkberry.

“I’ll be back, I’m going to hang out with Segs.” Elle said as she was putting on her shoes. Milan just nodded his head from where he was sitting on the couch to tired to do anything. Elle caught the elevator downstairs to find Tyler outside already waiting for her. The boy was looking for an apartment so somedays after practice they would go apartment hunting.

Elle liked venting to Segs because he was a good listener. Plus it helped that he would tell her from a guys perspective but with a hint of a girls because he had a younger sister. People would find it weird that if Elle had to chose with hanging out with a guy her age Milan or a guy four years younger than her Tyler; Elle would automatically chose the younger guy. She would pick Tyler because he didn’t have the bad temper.

“So what has been bothering you?” Tyler asked as him and Elle took their usual sit in Pinkberry. They probably came here once a week ever since Tyler took Elle here for the first time a few weeks ago.

“Well last night Milan kissed me and I kissed back. I had to stop because I have Derek back home. But it turns out that Derek has been cheating on me while I was away.” Elle said finally letting herself think about it. Out of nowhere Elle started to cry. This time Tyler didn’t know what to do, he never had a girl break down in front of him.

“Derek is an asshole and you need to break up with him.” Tyler said scooting his chair next to Elle so he could hug her. Elle wanted to control herself but she couldn’t, she couldn’t stop crying. But she knew that Tyler was right, she couldn’t let this thing keep going.

Elle finally calmed down after a good 5 minutes of crying. Derek was Elle’s first love, he was the one who understood that she was still a virgin. Elle loved everything about Derek up until they made 20 months. Then he started to get distant and aggressive towards Elle. He didn’t understand how after dating for almost 2 years she still didn’t want to give in to him.

After they finished their frozen yogurt Tyler dropped Elle off at the apartment. There was a game tonight so Tyler needed his pregame nap. Milan was taking his nape when Elle opened the front door quietly as possible. He stirred a bit but fell right back asleep in the same spot. Milan was so tired from last night that he started his pregame nap a little earlier than usual.

“Ready?” Milan asked Elle as they were leaving for the TD Garden. Elle grabbed her Bruins jacket and followed Milan out. Not much conversation was made between the two of them while in the elevator or in the car. It wasn’t because they felt awkward it was just that Milan wanted to focus. He didn’t mind that Elle would talk to him on the way to the Garden but he kinda liked the silence.

“You need to go buy ice cream and the DVD of Beauty and the Beast tonight.” Tyler said as he was sitting next to Milan on the bench. Milan just shot him a confused face wondering why this kid was telling him to get ice cream and a Disney movie. “It’s for Elle, just trust me.” Tyler said right before his line was wanted on the ice.

Tonight the Bruins were playing against the Blues. The Blues scored the first goal in the first period. No one scored for the second period and then in the third period Campbell scored the Bruins first goal. After that no one scored in the overtime so the game went to shootout. In the shootout the only Bruin to score was Seags. So the Bruins were handed their second lost in a row.

As Katy and Elle were making their way down to the locker room Elle heard someone call her name. At first both girls didn’t turn around or anything like that but when the name caller turned Elle around it was her boyfriend. Derek had flown from Vancouver to Boston. He knew that she might have saw the pictures on facebook so to do damage control he came to Boston.

“What are you doing here?” Elle asked pulling her hand back from his grasp. She didn’t want him touching her after she saw the pictures.

“I came to visit my girlfriend. Can a man can’t do that anymore?” Derek asked trying to sweet talk his girlfriend. Derek had a plan to marry Elle. It was a simple fact that she was pretty, he was handsome and together they would have perfect children. It was a simple plan that his whole family was in on. Plus Elle was smart girl making her that much a good wife. So as long as Derek played the illusion of him being the perfect boyfriend things would run smoothly.

“It’s perfectly fine that a man visits his girlfriend, but too bad you aren’t a man and I’m not your girlfriend.” Elle spitted out the words like venom to her boyfriend. She was putting on this facade of her being a strong women but right now all she wanted to do was cry.

“What are you talking about Elle? I think you’ve been reading too much books.” Derek said worrying a bit. Elle couldn’t break up with him, no one broke up with Derek. He was the one that broke up with them.

“I’m talking about the fact that you’ve been cheating with me for who knows how long and that we’re done. This is me finishing my chapter with you Derek, this is me breaking up with you.” Elle shouted at Derek, pushed passed him and went to the locker room. Katy was just following Elle in awe, never before has she seen Elle get mad before or even yell.

Derek couldn’t believe that Elle humiliated him like that. He was going to get his revenge on her, he was going to make Elle his. Derek noticed that she walked to the locker room area. So he made his way to the rental car and sat in there waiting for her to leave. This way he would know who she was living with while she was in Boston.

Milan watched Elle walk into the locker room after the interviews and she went straight to Tyler. All she did was have to nod her head to him and he was hugging her. The guys were all confused especially Milan. When the team found out that Elle and Tyler became close friends they kinda ragged on him for it. Well they tried to but you couldn’t really tease the kid for making friends with one of the hottest girls the guys have ever seen. Plus she was an older women so they gave him props.

“We’re going to have to make a quick stop at the store okay?” Milan asked as him and Elle were walking to the exit of the Garden. Milan remembered the thing that Seguin told him on the bench. At first he wasn’t going to do it but when he saw how sad Elle looked he knew that he had to go get some ice cream.

At the market Milan realized that he didn’t know what kind of ice cream Elle wanted. He quickly texted her what flavor she wanted. Her reply was cookies and cream; one of his favorites. So he bought a Blue Bunny tub of cookies & cream ice cream. Milan had Netflix so he was going to order Beauty and the Beast.

Elle walked right into her room as soon as Milan had opened the apartment door. The whole car ride she was holding in her tears putting on the big girl look. Elle changed into sweats, curled up in bed and just let the tears flow. Walking past Elle’s room Milan could hear the cries. It was like the first night all over again but this time Milan knew he didn’t do something wrong.

“What do you want?” Elle shouted out through her tears and uneven breaths. Milan was knocking on her door.

“Just come out here, please” He replied the please part really soft. It was like he was begging her to come out of her room while she looked like a mess.Elle opened the door to reveal her in an oversized Bruins sweater and pajama shorts. Milan had to stare at her legs before he snapped back to reality.

Milan led Elle to the living room where it was dark and the only light was coming from the screen with the words ‘NETFLIX’ on top. From the glow of the screen Elle could see that the tub of ice cream was open with two spoons. Milan took the seat as Elle curled up next to him. Milan pressed play and the famous tune of Disney started to play, the words Beauty and the Beast soon appeared on the screen.

The whole movie Elle sang along to the songs even Milan would chime in every once in awhile. By the end of the night Elle was smiling instead of crying like she thought she would be doing. She turned to Milan and kissed him on the cheek maybe a little to close to his mouth to be considered a friendly kiss. “Thanks for all of this, I needed it after I just broke up with my boyfriend.” Elle whispered as she drew her face a few inches away from his.

Milan turned his head to look at her and soon found his mouth mer inches from her beautiful lips. Milan guessed he would be taking a cold shower after Elle went to bed. “No problem.” He whispered back. Elle got up and made her way to her room humming the tune of Tale as Old as time.
♠ ♠ ♠
four comments? thank you so much to the four that took the time to comment:
Fallingfromgrace22
[url= http://member.mibba.com/139622/]jen123[/url]
penmenships
[url=http://member.mibba.com/34402/]Misguidedheart[url]
can I have 4 comments again? please and thank you(: