Status: Getting Worked On.

Off Ice Love

two

The next morning I woke up with the biggest hangover ever. My head pounded and my stomach swirled. I'm not much of a drinker because of the stupid hangovers you get afterwards, but the good thing about this hangover is that I didn't forget a thing about last night. I was so excited for my lunch date with Jonathan Toews. I checked my clock and it was shortly after 9, which meant I had lots of time to get ready. I found with most of my hangovers that if you eat peanut butter your headache begins to disappear, i don't know why but it works. I fixed my hair and removed all my makeup from last night and then I headed downstairs to get some peanut butter. As I jumped off the last stair, I noticed a bunch of people laying around in the living room. I saw Patrick Kane laying on the floor, Brent Seabrook on the lazyboy, Brooks Laich on the love seat and many others around the kitchen, living room, and dining room. The one that made me laugh was that Greeny and Backstrom were cuddled together on the couch both sleeping. I decided to take a picture with my cell phone for blackmail or for a prank. I headed into the kitchen and I saw that Ovi, Varly, Patrick Sharp, and Jonathan Toews sitting at the table eating cereal or some kind of Ovi's weird russian food. I walked past them getting a smirk from Ovi and grabbed a spoon from the drawers and the peanut butter from the cupboard. I then grabbed a glass of water to drink as I seated myself at the island to eat my peanut butter.

"Bad hangover, Simmers?" asked Ovi. I nodded and began to eat more of my peanut butter as I began to read the 'Hockey News' magazine with Sidney Crosby on the cover of it. I heard footsteps which meant they were leaving. I let out a sigh thinking that they were all gone until I saw my beloved 'Toes' sit beside me on the island chair.

"Geez. You might not want to eat that much peanut butter if you want to go to lunch later. I don't want you to be stuffed." He smiled at me which made me blush.

"Yeah, sorry. Peanut butter just makes my hangover feel a bit better." He nodded and I then decided to put my peanut butter away. "Do you maybe wanna go for breakfest instead? I know you were eating cereal but we don't have that much here, so I know for a fact your still hungry."

"Yeah that sounds good actually. Where do you want to go?" He asked.

"Maybe Denny's or something. I love their pancakes."

"Sounds good to me." He smiled which made me smile back.

I told Ovi that we were taking one of his cars, and I grabbed the keys and we headed out the door. He tried to open the car door but it wasn't unlocked yet, he look embarrassed but I just laugh. The car made a beeping noise which indicated that it unlocked.

"Okay, it should be unlocked now Toes." I smirked.

"You still remember that eh." He laughed.

"Yes I do, and I love that name. It suits you good."

"It does now, eh?" I laughed, he was such a typical Canadian, which made me like him even more.

We drove for about 15 minutes until we found a Denny's which wasn't that busy since it was a Sunday morning. We got inside and we sat down at a booth next to the window. The waitress asked Jon for autograph. I then realized how popular he is everywhere. He is such a talented hockey player. We then told the waitress our orders and then about 5 to 10 minutes later, we then got our food and began eating.

"So.." I tried to break the silence, "Do you get a lot of people who ask for your autograph?" I may have sounded stupid but I didn't exactly know what to say.

"Um.. yeah, I guess. I don't really like the fact of it though. I don't mind signing them, but I just don't really care for fame that much." He stated.

"Well, that pretty much comes in the deal of becoming a hockey player." I laughed.

"Yeah, I guess. What about you?"

"It's starting, I guess you can say. I am the first women to play in the nhl, so I know it will catch along soon." I winked at him.

"Stop flattering yourself." He smiled and shook his head. "So.. "

"So..."

"Are you seeing someone?" We both blushed when he said that.

"Umm.. no. How about you?"

"Well, I would, it's just.. umm.. it's pretty busy being a hockey player you know. You just don't have time."

"Yeah, you do." He just looked at me as if he was offended. "I'm sorry, I really don't mean to sound rude, but you really can't be busy to have a girlfriend. If you were busy right now, you wouldn't be here with me at Denny's eating breakfast. You wouldn't have been at Ovi's party last night. I know what you mean though, like the long distance relationship. If you don't want to have a relationship like that, you should try to find a girl who lives in Chicago or something."

"Yeah, I guess. I really don't want a girl from Chicago you know. They are probably all sluts and puckbunnies who are in it for some money or fame, you know."

I nodded, "Yeah, I know what you mean. You should find a girl who isn't in all that or she isn't into you for all those reasons. You want her to understand your schedule and such."

"That's true, and I know the exact girl." He smiled and looked up.

"Well, why are you with me then? You get her, call her, text her or whatever!"

"Nah, she's right in front of me." He smiled at me and he looked into my eyes which made me blush.

"Jonathan Toews, I just met you yesterday. How can you possibly feel that way about me?"

"I just feel it. I may not know you for that long, but I know right now I am falling for you." Which made me blush yet again.

My phone started going off, Ovi was texting me saying that the coach for Chicago wanted to have an early practise instead of a 5:00 one. So we finished eating and payed for our meal. Toes insisted of paying, which I couldn't let him do, so we split the bill in half. We then headed towards Ovi's house and we both said out goodbyes. I decided that it would be a good idea to take a nap since my head still hurt a bit. It was a very interesting day, and I really needed time to think about this. Once I hit the pillow I fell right to sleep and I started dreaming about Jonathan Bryan Toews.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorryyyyyyyy! I really didn't want it to be this short. I have another idea of a story I want to write which will include Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane in it. I don't know when I will start writing that or the third chapter to this story, but hopefully I will tonight xxx