Status: Complete

I Solemnly Swear That I Love You

Flashback

George smiled, "I remember that day. When I saw you I thought, 'Wow! She's so pretty, I wonder if I can get her to laugh.'"

"It's a shame Ron had to get hurt though." I smiled even though I was a little sad he didn't tell me he loved me too. I wasn't going to show that I was sad though.

"Kira, I love you too."

"Come on Kira, finish eating," my dad said, "We still have to get you a wand."

"I am finished."

He looked at my plate that still had food on it and sighed, "How come you never eat all of your food?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I guess I'm not always as hungry as I think I am."

He shook his head and paid the check before we left the little cafe and headed to Olivander's. We walked inside and there was a woman with red hair and three red-haired boys standing with her. Two of them were identical twins and looked my age. One was getting a wand. The third boy was obviously younger. While we waited I walked around the shop looking at the shelves filled with long, narrow boxes. The twin that wasn't getting a wand walked over to me, "Hello," he said, a smile on his face.

"Hi," I said back.

"Want to see something funny?"

"Um...I suppose so."

He grinned, and his smile made me want to smile. "Hey Ron!"

The younger boy turned towards him, "What?"

"You want a piece of gum?"

"What did you do to it?"

"I didn't do anything to it."

"What did Fred do to it?"

"He didn't do anything to it either, I swear."

The boy eyed him suspiciously before accepting the colorfully wrapped piece of gum. I watched curiously as he unwrapped it and put it in his mouth. As soon as he started chewing it there was a loud pop and Ron grabbed his jaw in pain. I covered my mouth with my hand to hide my smile as I fought to not laugh, even though the twin next to me was laughing. "George Weasley! What did you do to your brother?" the woman asked.

"He gave me exploding gum!" Ron whined before turning to George, "You said you didn't do anything to it."

"I didn't! I bought it that way!"

The woman paid for the two wands and as she ushered the three boys out of the shop she yelled, "Just wait till your father hears about this!"

When the door shut, Olivander turned to my dad and me so I could get a wand.

A few weeks later I seen George again on the Hogwarts Express. I was walking down the hall trying to find a cabin when a door to one opened and he stepped out. "Hey," he said with a smile, "You're the girl from the wand shop."

I nodded my head and said, "Kira Galloway, you're George, right?"

"Nope! I'm Fred."

"Oh." I felt my cheeks warm as I blushed. I hadn't intentionally gotten them mixed up.

"I'm joking," he laughed, "I really am George."

I smiled, "Well, it's nice to meet you."

"If you don't already have a cabin, you should sit with us."

"Okay," I nodded my head and he stepped aside so I could step inside. Fred was sitting next to the window and George introduced us. It was the start of a perfect friendship


"Kira, did you hear me?" George asked, snapping me out of my daydream.

I shook my head.

"I love you too." I smiled and he leaned forward to kiss me, but right before our lips could touch, the door opened.