Status: Complete

I Solemnly Swear That I Love You

The Wedding

I stood in front of the full-length mirror in my bedroom staring at my reflection. I ran my hands down the silk, smoothing out the wrinkles. It was the same gown my mother had worn on her wedding day. The fabric clung to my body all the way down to my knees were it flared out. It was strapless and had a lace trim across the top. The same lace was used to make the train and the veil that was lying on my bed. I looked at Hermione and Ginny in the mirror and they smiled at me. "You look beautiful," Ginny said.

"Thank you." I reached up and tucked away a stray hair that had worked it's way out of the low bun. "So do you. You both do."

There was a knock on the door. "I'll get it," Hermione said, walking over to the door.

My dad entered the room dressed in a black tuxedo with a dark purple tie. He smiled at my appearance, "You look exactly like your mother did the day we got married."

"Are you okay daddy?"

"Of course."

Mrs. Weasley appeared in the doorway. "Hurry up now, it's almost time for the ceremony to start. Kira, where's your veil?"

"Over there," I nodded towards the bed. She crossed the room and picked up the long piece of lace then walked over to me and fastened it to my hair with jewel encrusted clips.

She placed her hands on my shoulders, "You make a lovely bride."

"Thank you."

"Come on now, don't want to keep everyone waiting." She ushered the four of us out of the room and down the stairs. Ginny and Hermione went outside and took their seats with everyone else, and Mrs. Weasley handed me a bouquet of white roses and purple irises before joining the others.

"Are you ready?" my dad asked.

I smiled and nodded. The music started and the French doors leading out to the garden opened. Everyone turned to look at me, but I didn't notice any of them as I walked down the aisle to the man of my dreams. George stood there, a goofy grin plastered across his face as he watched me walk down the aisle. Paulie appeared next to me and I heard gasps from people in the audience. I smiled at him and he whispered, "Congratulations Kira."

"Thank you Paulie," I whispered back.

After George and I exchanged our vows we held a reception with dinner and hours of dancing. When it was all over with and everyone had left George and I changed and started cleaning up. While I was gathering the chairs I thought I noticed someone run behind the big oak tree. I put the chair I was holding in my hand down to go investigate, but there was no one there. "Are you okay Kira?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I just thought I saw something....that's all."

"I assume there was nothing there then?"

"Right. It was just my imagination."

He walked over to me, put his arms around me and pulled me into the deepest, most romantic, and passionate kiss I had ever had. "I love you Kira."

"I love you too George."

He smiled, "Let's get inside. It's getting late."

I nodded and as we walked in I was sure I seen Fred and my mom standing by the rose bush, smiling. I pushed the thought aside though, it was just my imagination.