Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

Sedated As They Medicate Your Brain

Kassia's POV

As much as I wanted to punch Maura in the face for not letting me see Dean, I was surprised that she even agreed for me to go to the liquor store by myself, even with me mentioning about the shape-shifter charging us when we'd get back. Seriously, Maura was going way too far with the protectiveness with me; just like Dad all over again. Not sure which one was the more annoying one. I mean I love my sister to death, but if she was a little less like Dad I wouldn't do half the things I do- okay, maybe not.

I pulled into the motel parking lot, expecting to see Maura's insecure eyes peeking from behind the thin, silver curtains in our room. First thought was she probably dozed off. After being in the city sewer channels for most of the day, I couldn't blame her. I cut the engine to the Firebird, reaching over the seat to pick up three six-packs, lying on the passenger side floor. Two wasn't near enough before, why not buy another? Maybe sneak some over to the Winchesters when Maura isn't around? Otherwise, she would flip out if she found out one; because I went over to go mingle with Dean; and two, I was giving them free beer, technically Maura's beer.

I hopped out of the car, turning around to close the door with a swift movement of my hip. I grunted as the cases shifted in my hands, struggling to get a better grasp on them. As concerned as Maura was, I would've expected to see her at least come out and help me so she could lock me back up in our dungeon, until she knew that the Winchesters weren't shape-shifters. I couldn't argue with the last part, but God help me when I say it's driving me insane that I can't even at least sneak by their window and watch them gander around their room, shirtless. Seven 'seconds' in Heaven.

Strolling across the dirt parking lot at what felt like three in the morning, was only a little after ten, there was an eerie feeling that struck me as the dark clouds surpassed the moon. I think this whole case gave me the creeps deep down, but that wasn't worth mentioning to my sister. Maura may have been a worry wart herself, but she was no wear near afraid of a stupid shape-shifter. My pace increased until I came to a dead stop at our door, which was ajar just a few inches. I swallowed hard, shivering at the thought that everything was wrong with this picture. Turning on my heels hastily, I strutted over to the boys door, kicking it fiercely with my right foot since I didn't have a free hand to easily knock. There was no way I was going to enter a room, where a shape-shifter bastard could be with Maura held captive, just lurking for my presence to walk through that door. I wasn't taking any chances. Then again, it didn't jive to me that it might have had Dean and Sam too and I was talking another risk.

The door swung open to a melancholy, shaken up Dean, with his cell phone attached to his ear. "Er- does your sister know your over here- with her beer? I don't think she'd be too happy," he declared, as I marched my way through the door without hesitation. He closed the door behind me as I placed the beer on the battered, wooden table. "Or make yourself at home- that's good too."

I sighed impulsively, turning to face him putting his cell phone in his pocket. That's when I had acknowledged that Sam wasn't in the room. As much as I've seen these two brothers together, I haven't seen them apart once. "Where's Sam?" I questioned curiously, watching as he raised at eyebrow at me. "I've tried calling him numerous times. He said he was going over to talk with Maura. I told him not to do anything I would do... isn't he over there?" he answered with a slight smirk, but skeptically standing in front of me.

It was tough to keep myself under control and not jump at him, lips locked- this wasn't the right time. "I just got back from the liquor store," I exclaimed, pointing back at the table full of beer. "Our room door is open... Maura wouldn't leave without telling me and keep the door ajar with a shape-shifter on the lose."

Dean nodded, pacing the speckled carpet vigorously. "How could I have been so thoughtless?" He retorted, frustratedly. "Sam hasn't been himself since we left the sewers, that's because it wasn't Sam. Damn it, how can I be so freakin' stupid?"

"Dean, this isn't your fault," I replied kindly and walking up to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. He glanced down at it a smiled faintly. I grinned back. There was still nothing more than regret going through Dean's mind. I couldn't help but feel the same way. Maura was older than me and could take care of herself, but if she her and Sam were kidnapped they could eventually be killed. "Are we going to go and find them?" I asked quietly, now staring deeply into this mossy, green eyes.

A brief silence fell upon the room, as Dean stared back at my drowsy, blue eyes. "As much as I want to find them and know that they are okay, if the shape-shifter is behind this it's going to be waiting for us. Call your sister just in case; make sure she is alright. Sam, well if Sammy was captured by this bastard, he can get himself and even Maura out safely if she's with him."
___________________________________________________________________

Dean's POV

Taking a seat at the edge of the frilly, unmade bed, Kassia strutted across mine and Sam's room, determined to get a hold of her sister, who might have been held captive by the shape-shifter. I had only opened that if that was the case and Sam was with her, that he can get each other out with no trouble. As much as I wanted to believe things would fine and dandy, I couldn't see it happening, especially when we're talking about a shape-shifter here.

Kassia snapped her phone shut angrily, crossing her arms over her chest with horrified tears in her eyes, before sitting on Sam's bed across from me. She obviously loved her sister dearly; about as much as I cared to look after Sam, regarding all the meaningless bickering like siblings are known for. "Kass," I said calmly, placing a hand on her shaking knee. She glanced up at my serious expression as I continued, "They can take care of themselves. Sam can get both of them out of harms reach; we've done it before."

"That's as long as it didn't already mutilate Maura," she exclaimed, using a tone that could kill anybodies happiness while pinning back the tears from falling. I mean she had a point. We honestly didn't know where they were, but all signs lead to a shape-shifter- even if we didn't mosey on in to the girl's room and make sure they weren't just prank us. As likely as I could see Sam doing that, I hope he wasn't that reckless to do something like that now... then again, I'd be the one to do it before him.

Bum, Bum, Bum, Bum.

"Kass, I thought I specifically told you not to sneak over here until we knew it was safe," Maura's voice chimed from the other side of the door. "Dean, you better let me in or I'm going to kick your ass too!" Kassia veered her eyes at the door and back at me. Her eyes pleaded to open the door, but I held my arm out in front of her petite frame from getting up. I leaned in close to her and mumbled, "This could be a trap. Stay here."

She nodded as I made my way to answer the door. Maura's face was raging, about ready to rip my face off once she glanced at Kassia's petrified eyes. "Damn it Dean, if you hurt her you'll never live to see tomorrow!" she hollered, trying to push her way through me but I stopped her from getting in room. "Woah there, princess. Kassia just wanted to uh-"

"And you brought over my beer! What the hell, Kass?" she snapped back ruthlessly. I glanced back at Kassia, still sitting on the bed where I left her. Her eyes were baffled, but still frightened. "Are you going to let me in? You know I'm already going to hurt you."

I flashed a sly grin back at her. "I bet you are," I replied cunningly, redeeming a silver knife aiming it straight for the heart, but she quickly reacted and took a hold of my wrist. Staring back me, the eyes of a shape-shifter flickered as it smirked devilishly. "Bad move there sugar," the shape-shifter retorted, pushing down to the floor and closing the door behind it. The silver knife was no where in sight, as I realized it was in the shape-shifters hand.

Kassia jolted from the bed, shocked to what was happening. "Dean!" she shouted in a warning tone, as the shape-shifter pulled the knife back, aiming towards my head. My eyes widened as I swiftly dodged it's attack, jumping up to guard Kassia with my strong-built figure. Her hand were placed on the middle of my back, letting me know that she felt somewhat secure now. "What have you done with them?" I shouted, demanding to get an answer out of the shape-shifter, who was getting up off the ground. I backed up between the two beds slowly, with Kassia close behind and not letting go of me.

The shape-shifter laughed viciously, stilling grinning psychotically. "Oh please. Would life be so much better without them? I mean, they are the ones keeping you from actually enjoying yourselves. Besides, Kassia- your sister has major issues to be addressed. Sam, hell he's not much better." Kassia gulped loudly as I quickly glanced to her and back at the bastard shape-shifter. I'm sure she was thinking of her sister already being dead, but flashing back to the last shape-shifter case in St. Louis, they needed the one they were disguising themselves to obtain their physical and mental qualities to make them stronger. "Once I'm done with you two, taking out both Winchesters and Valentines,- Damn, I'm going down in history."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a longer one...
Comment, and I'll love you for life :)