Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

Load Up On Guns, Bring Your Friends.

Maura’s POV.

The last thing I could remember was being hit in the head with the handle of my own knife, being taken by surprise by a Shapeshifter and getting my ass painfully kicked. Where was amnesia when you wanted it?

“Maura, are you okay?” Someone asked, sounding far off and strained.

I muttered something that even I did not understand; shamelessly fighting to stay unconscious, stay in the dark. I had a suspicious feeling that reality was not something I wanted to be in at that moment. “Stop pretending, the stream of drool tells me you’re still alive.” I couldn’t keep from smiling bitterly at that, lifting my head up which was a very bad idea. “Shit.” I cursed as pain racked through my head, making my heartbeat pick up considerably and blurring fogging up my vision shortly. I was back in the sewers, which almost instantly lowered my already crappy mood, and I seemed to be chained to a concrete post. Knew I should have stayed unconscious.
The room was faintly lit with black candles-not a good sign- and filthy, with piles of Shapeshifter-sludge everywhere.
Whatever was going on could not be good.

I scrunched my eyes shut, hoping to clear my head as I heard the sound of chains clinking together repeatedly in rhythm. It smelled harshly of sewer, muggy and moldy. When I reopened my eyes I saw Sam out of the corner of my eye, swinging.
Judging by the fact that he too was being captive, I figured it was safe to say that I was looking at the real Sam Winchester.

“What the hell are you doing?” I asked groggily, thinking that this was hardly the time to fool around and be a monkey.
“Trying to save our asses.” He replied, awkwardly motioning towards the ceiling where the iron was clumsily anchored to the concrete, the large screws holding it in place slowly rattling out of their holes from supporting Sam’s constantly moving weight. Damn…I could have probably thought of that…

I was determined not to just sit there and do nothing so I wiggled around as if, apon witnessing my impressive efforts, the chains would magically combust and leave me free to go break that Shapeshifters neck. Needless to say, that didn’t happen. But I could see the Shapeshifter left my knife near it’s creepy little pile of bloody, torn up blankets in the corner, conveniently out of my reach.

“Can you…Uh…Kick me that?” I asked Sam, motioning towards it. He shook his head, “Can’t reach either.” Well then what the hell are you good for? I thought. Well, besides the sex appeal. Suddenly a loud crashing sound was heard and he fell to the ground in a very ungraceful tumble. Success. Shackles still around his wrists, he grabbed the knife and hurried over, going to work on the padlock that held the lengths of chain binding me in place.

“Where did it go?” I asked, standing up and shaking off what grogginess remained in my head. Surely I hadn’t been out very long and it hadn’t gotten very far.

“Take a guess.” Shit, Kassia and Dean. I hoped that Kass hadn’t returned from the liquor store by then, though it was very unlikely that that was the case. Determined that ‘I’ll shoot you.‘ wouldn’t be the last thing I ever said to my younger sister, I handed Sam the knife and took off.

__________________________________________________________________
Sam’s POV.

Maura ran off down the only channel leading out of the mildewed room at full speed, despite of course me yelling at her to wait. I quickly freed my wrists and ran after her. I followed the rapid footsteps through the sewer-system, pulling out my cell phone as I weaved my way through the various tunnels. I held down the two on my phone and waited, putting it to my ear and immediately getting my brother’s voicemail.

“Dean, call me back.” I hung up and continued the chase, finally catching up to Maura only to find her with her own phone and climbing the ladder out of the sewer. She sighed in relief. "Kass!" Then buried her face in her hand, seemingly having gotten the answering machine like me. "Look, call me back when you get this. Call me back. Don't talk to me, don't go near me; if you see me, run." She glanced at me “Same for Sam.“ Hanging up, she scrambled out and onto the streets of Cheyenne with me close behind.

“She tried to call around five minutes ago, so she was alive five minutes ago.” Maura concluded, looking around frantically, “Where are we?” We were in a parking lot, mostly since the moon was high in the sky now.

“Hobby Lobby.” I announced, looking around and finally spotting the motel we were staying at. “Come on!” And she was off again.

I caught up more quickly this time, making it to the road between the parking lot and the motel at about the time she did and almost getting hit by a semi in the process, the overweight driver yelling profanities at me as I stumbled off one pavement and onto another. The street, thankfully, wasn’t very busy and nobody was killed in the process. Of course not, there was a seventy-five percent chance that we were going to be killed when we got to our destination anyway, so what was the point in being hit by a car? I would have preferred to have a plan or atleast time to think about what I was doing before I busted through a motel door with a shotgun and no idea who to shoot. But I was pretty sure Maura was planning on shooting whoever was standing closest to her sister, so I couldn’t very well let her go in alone or my brother would definitely be a casualty.

We circled the main building of the motel, cautiously making our way towards the rooms and our cars which held every weapon owned. We got to the Impala first and I went to open the trunk before stupidly realizing I didn’t have the keys. Maura shook her head, noticing her Firebird a few parking spaced away “Kassia always leaves the keys in the ignition, I yell at her constantly for it.” She explained, going over and peering in the driver’s window of the black and gold car and smiled before retrieving a set of keys from the ignition and popping the trunk open. She grabbed a sawed-off shotgun and handed me my own and a handful of silver shells.

“Don’t miss.” She requested simply before stalking over to her room and peering inside, the door left ajar. I tried to look through the curtains of mine and Dean’s room, the lights were out and there were sounds of a struggle coming from inside.

That could have gone so many ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe. Please?
...
I'll give you an hour alone in a closet with Sam or Dean. Or both. You're motivated now, aren't you?