Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

But On This Battlefield No One Wins.

Maura's POV.

It would have benefited both my sister and I if we could have gotten out of that stupid hospital, if only for a little while. But Sam had borrowed (Without my permission.) the Firebird to go god-knows-where and I wasn't a huge fan of public transportation. So that left the two of us stuck in a depressing hospital with an undetermined amount of dying people- one of which was my sister’s plaything. Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't overly fond of the man; from my viewpoint, he was constantly seducing my sister so he could break her already ductaped-together heart, as dramatic as that sounds. And if he did that, I had very little problem with killing him where he stood. But that certainly didn't mean I wanted him wasting away in a hospital bed attached to weird tubes, especially if it meant that Kass would just continue to look like a kicked puppy.

I scooted what was left of the now cold enchiladas with disappointment; they had been much better the last time I was in a hospital. Granted, that was three and a half states away...

"I don't understand why we're just sitting here." Kassia was sitting across from me, her eyes narrowed in frustrating and her eyebrows knitting together. I was about to remind her about the absence of our car when I realized, with a twist in my stomach, what she meant.

"It's a little soon to be hopping on that wagon, don't you think?" I replied, glancing at the clock on the wall and discovering with a bit of surprise that it was nearly eight thirty in the morning. "I mean, who the hell knows? He might just pop right out of this one." I was only half trying to comfort my sister; I'd seen a lot stranger things happen than a man coming out of a seemingly hopeless coma.

The people around us in the cafeteria were all probably hoping for something similar. They were either all relatives of someone sick or patients who were atleast capable of moving about freely. Or, you know, a homeless person looking for a cheap meal.

"We don't know how much time he has left, Maura. Hell, we don't know how much time we have left!" I wasn't liking my sister's mind set. That was something I'd avoid thinking about since Mom died, even when I was that young. You think the people you love are going to be around forever, and then suddenly they're gone from you in the blink of an eye. And in a hospital full of death and mopey-depression, that's not really something you want on your mind. "Stop thinking like that, whatever happens will happen. Atleast wait until Sam gets back before breaking out the black candles and blood sacrifices, okay?" I proposed, crossing my fingers under the table that she would think I was just being sarcastic and agree. The sudden eerily calm look she had in her eyes was starting to make me nervous, and the situation didn't need anymore tension than it already had.

Sam's POV

"Oh man, Dean is gonna be pissed." I sighed, staring down the battered Impala. Half of it was smashed in, the windows and windshield completely gone. It looked...Well it looked like it had been hit by a semi. Even though my brother had been left in a coma, I had to admit it was a wonder any of us survived in the first place. It had taken a little longer than expected to meet up with Bobby, especially since I was pulled over twice for speeding; something I decided was best not to tell Maura about. Nevertheless, after I had filled him in, Bobby seemed relatively optimistic about the situation.

"Look, Sam, this just ain't worth the tow." He commented, making the illusion of optimism vanish in an instant. I circled the car and dug around in the destroyed interior for the laptop, only to find it smashed like the rest of that car, while he suggested we get the guns and scrap the car. We had known Bobby forever, but he was apparently looking over the fact that Dean would have a stroke if I threw his precious car away. God help the poor sucker who fucked with his car.

"No." I sighed. "Dean would kill me if we did that. When he gets better he's going to want to fix this." And I did the best I could to keep quiet as he went on about all the things wrong with the car, while I mentally went on about all the things that were just plain wrong. My brother was in a coma, my father was in pretty bad shape himself, Kassia was on the verge of a meltdown...And, you know, had a demon talking to her in her sleep. But I stopped myself, finally realizing that it was a list I would probably never finish. So I wearily I snapped myself back to the present to cut in on Bobby's rant, deciding it wasn't helping the situation any. "Listen to me Bobby... If there's only one working part, that's enough. We're not just going to give up on it." and I think we both knew I wasn't just referring to the Impala, so he agreed. If I didn't know any better, I would say it was because he didn't want to piss me off. But this was Bobby, a man who wasn't afraid of pissing anyone off. A trait he shared with two girls I knew, sitting impatiently in a hospital miles from here. This reminded me…

"Hey, uh... Back when Dean and I were kids... Did dad ever talk much about a man named Andrew Valentine?" I asked, doing my best to be subtle and earning a surprised look from Bobby. "He didn't have to, I knew Andy myself. Damn fine hunter, and a damn fine man. Why, did you run in to him?" Bobby folded his arms and looked me over with an expression of suspicion while I tried to make sense of how everyone in the world knew and remembered Andrew, except for me. Granted, I was younger when the apparent partnership between him and my father was going on, and I often tried to block out everything even remotely related to hunting... But still, I felt oddly left out. "No, not exactly... His daughters are kind of back at the hospital with Dean." I informed him, scratching the back of my neck and deciding it wasn't best to inform him of just how involved the four of us were. And besides that, I myself wasn't very sure of how involved we were. Even though I was used to it, things had been constantly going wrong since I met Maura and it's not like hunting left a lot of time to think about relationships- however big or small they might be. And with the Dean being in a coma, I didn't see it happening any time soon. Bobby, however, could focus on his own problems- atleast for the time being. "Huh, small world." was all he said, giving me a brief suspicious look before going back to inspecting the totaled Impala. I began digging around in my jacket, attempting to find the piece of notebook paper I'd stuffed in it hours ago.

"Here uh, Dad asked if you could get this stuff for him." Bobby took the list from me, frowning as he read it over. I'd assumed it was a list of things he needed to get protection from the demon, which aside from Dean should have been his top priority.

Scratch that, the man was too damn stupid to worry about his own son. Our life was proof of that.

"I don't know, protection from the demon?" I voiced. The silence that followed was incredibly loud, as Bobby slowly looked from the paper to me, and then back again. What now? "What?"

The frown mostly faded from his face in a forced effort to brush whatever it was off. "Nothing, it's just eh..."
When I realized he didn't plan to finish his own sentence, I urged him forward, "Bobby...What's going on?"

"This isn't for protection, Sam...This is for a summoning."
♠ ♠ ♠
So uh...If anyone's still out there... Well basically I suck. I haven't written since like April and you guys haven't gotten an update since May... I don't know if 'my bad' covers it, but you get the point.

Comment and give us a rough estimate of who all is still with us? :D I'll do better guys, I promise....

Maybe >_>