Come Back To Me It's Almost Easy

The Last Chapter

I woke up to the sound of angry voices arguing with each other. I recognized the voices immediately as Gerard and Mikey’s.

“Look Gerard you have to let me see them.” Mikey said with both sadness and anger in his voice.

“I can’t do that Mikey; I can’t let you see them until I have Amber’s consent.” Gerard said.

“Gerard, you don’t understand, I can’t loose them. I can’t loose them like I lost Tyler.” I could hear tears in his voice. Then I could hear his sobs and that was when I started crying.
I got out of the bed and quietly walked over to the door. Slowly I opened it and looked out towards where the voices were coming from. Mikey was on his knees on the floor just sobbing his heart out. Gerard was on the floor as well with his arms around his little brother trying to comfort him.

“Mikey,” I said walking out into the hallway. The boys looked up at me as I walked toward them. Mikey stood up and walked toward me.

I ran to him. We crashed together and wrapped our arms around each other. By this time we were both sobbing. His arms clutched onto my back as if we hadn’t seen each other in ages.

“Amber I love you so much,” He whispered into my ear.

“I love you too,” I whispered back.

“Please come home,” He said through his tears, his voice broke slightly. I pulled my head off of his shoulder to look into his pleading eyes.

“I don’t know Mikey,” My voice wandered off.

“Listen, I’ve realized what a stupid jerk I was being. I guess I just got so caught up in my own emotions that I turned into a zombie. All I know is that I cannot live without you or Taylor.” He said.

“So, no more zombie Mikey?” I asked.

“No, I’m going to step up, be a man, take care of our child and be with the woman of my dreams.” I smiled when he said the last part.

“Then I guess I can come home.” I wiped the last tears from Mikey’s teeth as he smiled his beautiful smile.

“Well then let’s go get our daughter and go home.” He said. I nodded and we walked with our arms around each other to the room that Taylor was in. Eliza was also in the room feeding Taylor.

“You guys work everything out?” She asked.

“Yep, I’ll leave you and Gerard alone now.” I said.

“Oh you can come by anytime you want. Besides I’ll need all the practice with babies I can get.” She said. That sentence made me think something.

“Are you pregnant?” I asked. She looked at me and nervously nodded. My mouth dropped open. “Congrats.”

“Thank you,” She smiled.

“In that case I’ve got to go talk to Gerard,” Mikey said before walking out of the room. I walked over to Eliza and took Taylor from her.

“How far along are you?” I asked.

“I think I’m two months but I’m not sure.”

“I’m so happy for you,” I said. We got Taylor’s stuff together as we talked then we walked back into the living room where Mikey was talking to his brother.

“Are you ladies ready?” Mikey asked.

“Yeah, let’s go home,” We smiled at each other, said our goodbyes to Gerard and Eliza then walked out the door. Then we got in our car and drove back to our apartment.

***

I opened my eyes to rays of light shining into the room and making a pool on the floor. When I reached out next to me I expected to feel Mikey there but he wasn’t. I figured he must be with Taylor so I sat up and got out of bed. Like usual I walked out of my room and straight to Taylor’s room. Mikey wasn’t there and neither was Taylor.

Its okay, I told myself. They were probably just in the living room or something. After thinking that I walked down the hall and to the living room but they weren’t there either. This is when I began to freak out. That is until I saw a note sitting on the kitchen table. Out of curiosity I picked it up and began to read it.

Amber,
I know at this point you’re probably freaking out because Taylor and I aren’t there but you don’t have to worry; we are both fine. Taylor is with my parents and I had to run some errands. But, my darling I have arranged for you to spend the day at the spa to relieve some stress so get dressed. There will be a car waiting to take you to your destination. Have fun and I love you with all of my heart.
Yours Forever,
Mikey.

When I finished reading the note I was floored. Why did he arrange for me to go to the spa? Something is not right but I figured I might as well enjoy my day off from mother duties. With a smile on my face I went to my room to get dressed.

It took me only five minutes to get ready but I decided that I wanted to eat something before I went to the spa so quickly I went to the kitchen and grabbed a pop-tart. By the time I was done it was ten o’clock. I made sure I had my cell phone then walked out of the apartment locking the door behind me.

Like the note said there was a fancy looking black car waiting outside for me. A man got out of the drivers side and walked to the backseat that was closest to me. He opened the door and made a gesture for me to get in.

“Good morning Miss Amber I am here to take you to the spa.” He said.

“Good morning to you too,” I said walking to the car. “Thank you.” I said as I got into the car.

The door closed behind me and seconds later the man was back in the driver’s seat. The car then roared to life and started moving down the street. I smiled to myself in the backseat. Honestly, I felt like a princess and I couldn’t believe that Mikey was doing this for me.

We arrived at the spa twenty minutes later and I was so excited to just have a day to myself to relax. Now don’t get me wrong, I love being with Taylor it’s just sometimes I need a break from all of the stress. When the car parked the man who looked like he needed to be in the mafia came around to my door and opened it for me. Again I thanked him then walked into the front door of the very nice looking spa.

Immediately to my left there was a receptionist sitting at a desk. “Can I help you?” She said.

“Yes, my boyfriend set this up for me so I don’t know where I’m supposed to go.” I explained.

“Name please,”

“Amberlynn Connors.” I answered.

“Oh so you’re the girl that Mikey was here for,” Her lips curled up in a smile. “Well first we have to get you to the massage room.”

From the room we were in the receptionist took me into the massage room where I had to undress and lie on this table. Other than the undressing part it was like heaven in there; the massage was amazing.

After the massage I got a facial, manicure, pedicure and then when I thought I was going to be done for the day they took me to the salon part of the huge building. The workers told me that I was getting my hair and make-up done as well. There had to be something going on tonight for me to be doing this.

As I sat down in the chair to get my hair done they told me that Mikey had already picked out the hairstyle and the dress. All I could think about was what could be so important that I had to get this done up.

It took them what seemed like forever to finish the hair and make-up because they wouldn’t let me look in the mirror. Finally they turned my chair around and I looked at myself.

I couldn’t believe how good I looked and I know how conceited that sounds but for the first time in a long time I felt good about the way I looked. My long red hair was curled into medium sized ringlets and half of it felt down just past my chest while the other half was pinned in the back. The only part of my hair that was straight were my bangs that were pushed to the right side. My make-up was like I usually have it though (smoky eyes, no foundation and a little bit of lip gloss) so that made me feel good.

“Miss Connors it’s time to go get your dress on.” The woman that did my make-up said. I got up from my chair and went into the dressing room that was right there.

The dress was hanging right in front of me and I loved it. It was strapless and looked like it would hang down to my knees. The color was black but it had baby blue polka dots all over it. There was also a ribbon that went around my hips. As soon as I put it on I was in love with it. Then I put on the black heels that were sitting on the floor and walked out of the dressing room.

I noticed the man from the car this morning was standing in front of me. “Your limo awaits you Miss Connors.” He said. My mouth dropped. The man then walked me out to the limo and helped me get into it.

From there he drove for what seemed like forever because I was feeling so much anticipation. When we finally arrived at our destination again, the driver came to my door and helped me out of the car. We were at a very nice restaurant that I had never been to before and I’m not even going to try to pronounce the name because it’s French. I walked inside the beautiful stained glass doors and up to the hostess.

“Are you Miss Connors?” The woman asked.

“Yes,” I answered.

“Okay then you are going to go to your right until you come to a door. Your surprise is waiting behind it.”

I started walking to my right. It was like any other restaurant; there were people eating their food at all these different tables and they were all dressed in nice clothes with their hair done up like mine. I came to the door at the end of the room and put my hand to the door handle. Slowly, I turned the knob and opened the wooden door.

Behind it was Mikey and as I walked into the room he got down on one knee and opened a
small box. Inside the box was a ring made out of gold with tons of diamonds on it. My eyes went wide and my mouth felt like it had dropped to the floor.

“Will you marry me?” Mikey said in a nervous voice. Tears were flowing out of my eyes like they were waterfalls and all I could do was nod. Mikey jumped up from the floor and wrapped his arms around me tightly. When he pulled away he took the ring out of the box and put it on my finger. That’s when I noticed that people were applauding. I looked up from my finger and saw all of our family and friends.

“Come on let’s sit down.” Mikey said leading me to the table. So that’s what I did; I sat down and ate dinner with my new fiancée and my new family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know what you are thinking, a cliche, happy ending?
Yes, I felt they had to have a happy ending.
So deal with it.
Even if you didn't like it comments are appriciated.
xoxo
Hannah