Status: New Story :]

The Life of a Teenage Dancer

The Arrival

I have one rule: No dating.

So when offered a dance scholarship at one of the most prestigious fine art boarding schools in the United States, I had to take it. It’s not like anything here is going to hold me back. I’ve been dancing for 14 years, I’m 17, only 3 years of my life I haven’t been dancing, and trust me its not by choice. My mom was a dancer, she was going to make it big, but she had me instead. She had to give up on her dreams because of me, and the worst part is the father-my dad, didn’t stick around long enough to see he had a kid. I love dancing, and there is no way in hell that I’ll sacrifice that for some boy. It would crush my mom, and I don’t think that I can handle that anymore then she could.

So I packed up my bags and left for the wonderful city of Charlotte, North Carolina. I wish I could say I had a big going away party with all my friends but in reality I didn’t have many friends, with dancing taking up most of my time, friends were just hard to find. But moving on, I made my way to North Carolina with no problem and took the shuttle to ‘McNally Academy’, also known as the place I would be living for the next 2 years. I picked up my bags and made my way through the doors of my new home.

First stop, admissions office. I make my way through the doors of the clearly marked building.

“How can I help you dear” an elderly you women sits behind the desk and gives me a friendly smile.

“Hi, I’m new…my name is Briana Montgomery and I need to pick up a schedule and key to my dorm room.” I say smiling. She shuffles through some papers and pulls out one and hands it to me, then she goes through some more papers and pulls out an envelope.

“Here you go this is your schedule and this is your room key.” She gave me another friendly smile as I waved goodbye and walked out of the office. Next stop, my dorm room. I struggled to carry all of my suitcases across a campus I had a no familiarity with. I probably wandered for a good 15 minutes before finding my dorm room.

“Finally” I said to myself and put the key into the lock. The door swung open and I walked into the room. I looked around, it wasn’t too bad, it was a like an apartment. I was standing in the living room/kitchen. There was a couch, a television, a stove, a microwave, and a kitchen table. Plus on either both sides of the room there was a door. One was labeled B.M. and the other was labeled D.D. Guess that’s my roommate. Looks like she’s not here yet though. I shrugged and made my way into the room with my initials on it. It was actually nice. Full sized bed with a desk, decent sized closet, dresser and nightstand, plus from what I could tell there was door leading into my own personal bathroom, which was a relief because honestly I loved taking long showers. I knew I should unpack but decided to look at my schedule first.

Montgomery, Briana Grade 11

Class Schedule.
7:00-7:45--- Breakfast
8:00-8:45--- AP Dance--- Ms. Christina
8:50-9:35--- Honors Chemistry--- Ms. Travers
9:40-10:25--- Honors Calculus--- Mr. Fleishman
10:30-11:15--- AP English--- Mrs. McCarthy
11:20-12:05--- Honors Acting--- Mr. Carter
12:10-12:55--- Lunch
1:00-1:45---AP Spanish 5--- Ms. Ramos
1:50-2:35---AP American History--- Mr. Miller
2:40-4:30--- AP Dance Individual---Ms. Christina (Tuesdays)
5:45-7:00---Dinner

*Dance Practice Saturday Mornings 8:00-11:00


I took one look at this schedule and almost died, is there any time to breathe. I sighed at least classes don’t start for another week. I was about to start unpacking my things when I heard a large bang from the living room. ‘What the hell’ I thought to myself as I walked out of the room to find what was apparently my roommate.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Um…hi” I said to the tall black haired girl standing in the living room, she had a bob cut, which made my long wavy blonde hair feel…plain.

“Hi” She smiled widely “I’m Daniela, but you can call me Dee.” She said

“I’m Briana” I said looking around the room she had two suitcases sitting on the floor, I guess that explains the crash.

“Is that all your stuff?” I asked, now I definitely feel like I over packed. She laughed

“Um, no my brother Cameron is bringing up the rest, speak of the devil” She said looking in the doorway.

“Ugh Dee why do you have to bring so much crap with you every year?” he groaned. I giggled and his face shot up to look at me. “Hi” he said clearly shocked by my presence. “I’m Cameron”

“So I’ve heard, I’m Briana” I said smiling slightly…he was gorgeous and by gorgeous I mean the freaking hottest guy I’ve seen in my entire life. His hair was the same as his sister-jet black, and he had the clearest crystal blue eyes that would dazzle any girl. Too bad I don’t date I thought to myself. “So are you a junior as well?”

“No I’m a senior” He said smiling thankfully this is the last time I’ll carry all of Dee’s crap up to her room for her.”

“Oh shut up” Dee says “You know you love me” She says

“That’s what you think” He says smiling at her. I laugh at his brotherly ways, I’ve always wished that I had a sibling, someone to confide in, someone to hang out with

“So Briana what are you majoring here?” Dee asks me

“Um, I’m here on a dance scholarship, but they put Honors Acting on my schedule…is there any reason for that?” I am in no way an actress

“Yeah the school likes us to spread our wings while were here and not just stick to what we know”

“Oh…okay then”

“What hour do you have it?” She asks me

“4th I think” I say

“Cool! You’ll be with Cameron and me in that class” I smiled at least I would know some people in my class

“So what do you guys study here?”

“Well I’m an actress and Cameron over here is a musician”

“Really?” I looked at him “What do you play?”

“Um, guitar, piano, and I sing…if you count my voice as an instrument.”

“That’s cool”

“Yeah Cameron is an amazing singer he’s been singing since he was like 5” I saw Cameron’s face redden a little.

“I’m not that great, she’s exaggerating.”

“Whatever Cam, well thanks for bringing my stuff you can go now Briana and I need to have roommate time”

“I feel used” Cameron says. Dee and I laugh and he walks out of our room.

“Oh my god my brother is totally crushing on you!” She screeches when he’s finally gone.

“What? What the hell are you talking about”

“You didn’t see it?”

“No…Dee that’s ridiculous I’m sure he was just being friendly

“Briana, I know my brother and that wasn’t him being friendly that was him being shy and modest, and if you really knew him, you would know he’s not shy or modest.”

“Exactly I don’t know him…and I’m not interested”

“What? Why?”

“I don’t date” I reply honestly

“What do you mean you don’t date…everyone dates”

“That’s not true, and I don’t date because I don’t have time.”

“I don’t get it…”

“I’ve been dancing since I was three…there wasn’t really much time for me to dance and have a boyfriend.”

“That sucks, I don’t know what I would do without my boyfriend. Alex is great, we’ve been going out for 2 years now”

“That’s sweet, and I’m not against dating Dee, I really just don’t have time for it.”

“Try telling that to my brother”

“I don’t see why I’ll have to tell him…I doubt he likes me, I’m so…plain”

“Plain?! Briana your gorgeous, my brother almost fainted when he saw you”

“No he didn’t. He probably almost fainted because he had to carry all of your things!” She laughed

“Briana, I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship” she said. I smiled agreeing completely. We then proceeded to sit in each others room getting to know each other while the other unpacked her things.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story :] Please comment and tell me what you think!