Status: New Story :]

The Life of a Teenage Dancer

Here Goes Nothing

For the next three hours while Dee and I unpacked our things and discovered that we got along like we’ve been friends for years which is great. I’ve never been able to get along with someone so quickly and it is such a relief. The only problem is that she is convinced that Cameron and I are going to wind up together, which is totally crazy because I don’t date, so what if he’s cute, I have priorities-dance. We spent the week getting to know each other and pretty much just hanging out, I got to meet a lot of her friends and her boyfriend, who I must say is a really sweet guy. Today was the first day of classes and I am not ready for the stress that this school year is going to bring.
--------------------------------------------------------

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

My alarm buzzer wakes me up. I groan and look at the clock. 6:00 a.m. I sigh and sit up in my bed. Here we go, first day of school I get up and walk into the bathroom only to be greeted with the unpleased sight of bed head. I strip of my clothes and step into the shower and let me tell you it feels amazing. I let the hot water cascade down my body I wish I could stay in here all day but sadly I have school. I tear myself away from the shower and wrap a towel around my body and step out of the shower only to find Dee standing there with a worried look on her face.

“What the hell are you doing in here?” I ask her

“I have a dilemma…” She says simply “I don’t know what to wear!” she screams and pulls me across the hall and into her room. She had clothes everywhere.

“Dee seriously…its school its not that important” she stared at me like I was some sort of moron. “Fine, fine, fine.” I say looking through her clothes, and I made a decision. “I like the dark green top, and the dark blue skinny jeans, oh and use the black carry on bag” She smiled at me.

“I knew I liked you, that’s perfect. Thanks you Bri, you’re amazing!” She screamed pushing me out of the room at the same time. I rolled my eyes and walked back into my room. For my first day of school I picked out a black top and pair and washed out skinny jeans with a hole in the knee. But unlike Dee and her backpack I had a lot more to carry. I started packing my of dance clothes for the day. Black leotard, pink tights and ballet slippers. Plus a large water bottle and hair brush so I don’t look like a complete savage by the end of the day. I also needed to hold my backpack. Joy this will be a super first day. I sighed and looked at the clock 7:10. At least I have time for breakfast.

“Hey Dee” I called into her room “Lets go get some breakfast before class” I called to her.

She walked out of her room carrying her backpack, she took one look at me and started laughing.

“What? Is there something on me?” I asked trying to scan my clothes

“No, you just have a lot a bags” She said simply. I rolled my eyes.

“Lets go Dee” I say opening the door. She giggles again and we walk out of the room and downstairs into the cafeteria.

Once in the cafeteria we meet up with some of Dee’s friends who were already sitting at a table. I could see Alex has already gotten Dee food so while she went to sit down at the table I ventured out to find something to eat.

‘What to eat, what to eat’ I pondered in my head. So many choices and such a little stomach. I looked the buffet table that had finally decided on pancakes. I was about to grab the last two pancakes some jerk decides to take them before I can.

“Ugh” I groan to myself, but apparently the person who took the pancakes heard too.

“Briana?” The voice asks I turn my head to the side and find Cameron standing there.

“Hey Cameron” I grumble

“Um…did I do something wrong?” He asks. I blushed, was I really making a big deal about pancakes

“Kind of…you took the last pancakes” I say trying to laugh it off. It works because he laughs and says

“Well how about we compromise” He says taking my plate and putting of the two pancakes onto my plate.

“You didn’t have to do that” I say smiling sweetly

“I know, I wanted to” He says “Who am I to deprive a beautiful lady of her pancake” I try not to smile too much but it is sweet.

“Well thank you Cameron I guess I’ll see you fourth hour” I say and turn to walk away.

“Briana wait” He says I turn around slowly to face him he looks me in the eyes. “have a good first day, if you need anything don’t be shy ask me” I smile slightly at him

“Thank Cameron, I guess I’ll see you around then” He nods and I turn and walk away towards the table the Dee and her friends were sitting at.
------------------------------------------------------

Once I sit down Dee is all over me.

“Is that my brother I saw you talking to?”

“Yeah, he kind of stole the pancakes I wanted then gave me one because he felt bad”

“He gave you a pancake?”

“Yeah…why is that such a big deal?”

“Because he loves pancakes”

“So what?”

“So…he clearly likes you Bri, stop being so oblivious, I’m not being oblivious Dee he doesn’t like me that way.”

“Who doesn’t like you that way” Alex-Dee boyfriend asks

“Cameron” Dee replies

“Oh he totally likes her” My eyes widened

“How do you know you’ve never even see us together”

“I just saw you guys over there”

“So…”

“His body language was obvious he totally wants you” I could feel my face redden and the entire table laughed.

“Ugh I’m going to class I’ll see you guys at lunch” I picked up my bags and headed off towards the dance studio.
--------------------------------------------------------------

“Good Morning Ladies” Ms. Christina walks into the room.

“Most of us grumble”

“Oh shush, its time to dance! But before that I’d like to explain the requirements of this class. First this is an Advanced Placement course which means you will have to work or in other words dance for your grade. There will be a recital at the end of the year each of you will dance a solo which you will be working on individually a duet, you will be assigned a partner to work with, and 3 group dances which we will work on in class together. Am I making myself clear?”

Everyone nods or grunts.

“Good now lets pick our duet partners” Ms. Christina brought around a hat filled with different colors chips and the two matching chips will work together. I picked out a green chip and looked around to see who had my matching chip. I see some guy looking around the room and to my surprise he had a green chip. There weren’t many guys in this class and I was hoping I wouldn’t get paired with one. I’ve been dancing for 13 years but dancing with a male partner was not something I enjoyed. The lifts just didn’t appeal to me. I sighed and walked towards him

“Hi I’m Briana, looks like we’re partners” I say holding up my green chip

“Looks like we are, I’m Shane” He put out his hand for me to shake and I grabbed it. He smiled at me and asked “You’re new right?”

“Yeah…but how did-”

“I’ve been here for 3 years I kind of know everyone”

“Makes sense, and yeah I am new…is that a bad thing?”

“Can you dance?” he said jokingly

“Would I be on scholarship if I couldn’t?”

“Probably not” he agreed and we laughed…maybe this wouldn’t be so bad.

Ms. Christina has us get to know our partners for the rest of the class period but warns us that tomorrow will not in anyway resemble today. Shane and I talk and I’m not so nervous anymore because it seems like we’re going to get along. We make plans to meet up and start working Sunday afternoon.
------------------------------------------------------------

After dance class the rest of my classes seemed to go by in a blur…besides for Acting that is.

“Good afternoon class” The teacher says walking into the room “I am Mr. Carter and this is Acting class. If you think you’re going to get away by sitting in my class and watching other people act you are mistaken. To start off today I’d like to do some improvisation to see where we’re at. I’ll have Cameron Donahue, Shane Adams, and…hmm a new name Briana Montgomery.” Oh shit. I don’t think I processed that Shane-my dance partner was also in this class because I was too focused on Cameron who was staring intently at me

“What’s the scene?” Mr. Carter calls to the class.

“Shane and Briana are on a date, and Cameron shows up and wants her to choose him…she has to make a decision” Dee calls out. I look at her and glare

“Love you too” She mouths at me.

“Great!” Mr. Carter calls out “Cameron, Shane, Briana lets do this” We all stand up from our seats and walk to the front of the room.

‘Well here goes nothing’ I thought to myself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outfits :]
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe :]