Status: Active, Comments Are Very Appreciate :)

Daddy's Little Princess

eight;

It was Thursday again, and Francesca was at nursery. Oliver as at work again, wondering if it could get any more boring. But it was money, which is what Oliver needed.

His day, however did improve when a certain brunette rushed into the café, her hair slightly wet from the pouring rain outside, her black trench coat was drenched. Eva ran a hand through her curls, getting the worse out.

“Hi.” she breathes, gasping for breath as she had just run from her college, to here it was a good 10 minute run.

“You okay?” Oliver chuckles, as he dried a coffee cup out ready for her. Eva smiles meekly.

“Um, I’ve been better.” she admits, sliding into a seat in front of Oliver, who was working behind the counter, and has been for the most of the day. The café was pretty quiet.
“The usual?” he offers, and Eva nods, and begins to bite her nail nervously, looking anywhere but at Oliver.

“You want to talk about it?” Oliver asks without looking at her, as he made her coffee, with one sugar. Eva’s eyes travel back to Oliver, watching the back of him.

He was gorgeous, Eva had to admit to herself. He was muscled, but skinny and it worried Eva slightly. She had been thinking of him lately, and she didn’t know why. He just seemed to always be on her mind, that adorable, shy smile tainted in her mind.

“Um…” Eva says unsure, she didn’t want to impose, nor did she want to bore Oliver with her sob stories. She was overreacting, she knew she was but that didn’t stop her from feeling miserable and frustrated.

“I’m a good listener.” Oliver teases, and leans forward, but not before checking around for Rosemary who might have been lurking near. Oliver crossed his arms, giving his best smile and watched Eva, sighed giving in.

“It’s nothing big. I’m struggling with school, I’m in a fight with my sister over her soon-to-be husband, who’s a bit of an idiot and my Mum is constantly pressuring me to find and guy and get married like my sister.” Eva says, unable to hide her sadness.

Oliver places the freshly cup of coffee in front of Eva and she immediately cradled the cup in her hands, breathing in the newfound addictive scent of caffeine.

“It’ll be okay, you can catch up and I’m sure you and your sister will sort things out. She’s getting married soon right?” Oliver tries to console.

Eva smiles weakly, nodding.

“Right, so you’ll soon be making up and dancing together at her wedding. As for the guy situation, I’m sure you have no problem getting a guy…Eva.” Oliver says carefully, not wanting to offend her or say the wrong thing. Eva took it the right way though and smiled at the discreet compliment.

“You’d be surprised.” Eva murmurs, sipping her drink. It was perfect.
Oliver smiles. “I am, if you’re telling me that a great girl like yourself can’t get a decent guy, then the world has officially gone mad.” Oliver teases, feeling more confident.

Eva lets a small chuckle out and her spirits lifted, merely from a small conversation from a certain brown-haired, brown eyed boy.

“Thank you.” She says sincerely and Oliver felt suddenly proud of himself, he at least made her smile. Oliver glanced at the baked goods at were on display nearby.

“How about a cinnamon twirl? My treat.” Oliver says and Eva blushes slightly, giggling.

“Sure.” she says, and Oliver serves her the tasty pastry desert. Eva cuts it in half with a knife and Oliver watches her confused.

“Share..” she tells him. Oliver shakes his head. “No, it’s yours..” he insists.

“Oliver, please…c’mon. It could be our friendship cinnamon twirl!” Eva teases, but Oliver quite liked the sound of it. With more pleading, Oliver gave in and took the smallest half and for once, he enjoyed the taste.

Eva watched him, smirking. “That’s sacred, we’re friends now.” she announces seriously, but the joking tone laces her words. Oliver, playing along with the joke, finishes his half and nods.

“Oh yeah, friends for life.” he teases. Eva sighs, feeling content again and much calmer.

“Hey Eva?” Oliver asks, Eva looks back at him, his brown eyes gazing into her own.

“Hmm?” Eva says distractedly, as she stared at him, he was attractive and sweet…he was a decent guy.

“Do friends get to each other’s phone numbers?” Oliver bravely asks and he knew this was a moment of do-or-die. His heart racing slightly, but he relaxed when he saw Eva rummaging in her bag, whipping out her phone.

“Do you prefer Ollie or Oliver?” she asks, leaning on her elbows, waiting for Oliver to tell her, his phone number.

Oliver couldn’t contain his grin, his grin of happiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
final chapter of the night :)
Comments for inspiration?
Thank you to all the previous comments
Much appreciated <3