Status: Active, Comments Are Very Appreciate :)

Daddy's Little Princess

nine;

“Frankie, wipe your mush.” Oliver teases, as his daughter had more chocolate dessert around her face and on her t-shirt, then actually in her mouth. Oliver didn’t mind though, he was too good of a mood to be cross.

His good mood being due to the frequent text messages he’s receiving from Eva. It had only been a week, and unfortunately he hadn’t seen her but Eva had been texting him, explaining that she was catching up with school work. Oliver understood this, but still missed her presence at the café.

“Sorry Daddy.” Francesca giggles cheekily, Oliver then proceeded to get a baby wipe, and wipe his daughter’s mouth.

“Princess, would you like a song or story tonight?” Oliver asks, as he took the dirty cups into the kitchen. He couldn’t explain why he felt lighter suddenly, maybe it was the social interaction from Eva, or maybe he as having a good week. He had got paid fully, his bills weren’t too bad and his little girl was being an angel for him. Which was just a huge bonus.

“Song!” Francesca says happily, and finishes her dessert.

Sadly though, Oliver had to admit that he did miss Jamie. They hadn’t spoken in two weeks, during this time Francesca has been going to full time nursery, she didn’t particular like it as the nursery didn’t let her watch TV whenever she wanted, or cut the sandwiches in triangles like Oliver and Jamie do.

Oliver did regret using Jamie the way he did, and he now realized how good of a friend Jamie was. Seriously, what kind of 20 year old guy, who actually had a social life, went to classes, lived in his own flat being a bachelor, helped his best friend out, by babysitting his kid three days a week. Not many, in fact Oliver could only think of Jamie when he thought of it.
Words that had been said that evening were regretted and unmeant, and Oliver hoped they would soon patch up, not just for Francesca but for himself too. He missed his best friend.

As if by a miracle, the door was knocked and Oliver wondered who as the intercom hadn’t gone off for him. Maybe that needed to be fixed.

Oliver put the cloth in the bin and stroked Francesca’s head as he walked past, telling her to stay in the kitchen in case it was somebody they didn’t know. He was very protective of Francesca.

Oliver lazily opened the door and his eyes widened slightly, seeing Jamie Knightly standing at his door, with a cheeky smile, apologetic eyes and a 6 pack of Stella Artois beer.

“Jay, what you doing here?” Oliver asks, his lips pulling into a smile.

“I’m sorry for being such a dick to you, and I promise I’ll make it up to you, how about we have a boy’s night in?” Jamie says, and Oliver didn’t care about the apology, he was just happy to see Jamie.

“Come on in” Oliver says happily, and Jamie and Oliver hugged slightly, as all bridges were mended between them, their little fight vanishing into air. As the two men went into the kitchen, Francesca squealed with delight, seeing her favourite and only ’Uncle’.

“Uncle Jamie!” she squeals, her speech still affected.

“Frankie, my gorgeous girl…where have you been all my life!” Jamie teases, putting the beer on the side, out of sight from Francesca and picked the little girl up, smiling at her infectious giggles.

“I’ve been here silly!” she says, misunderstanding what he meant. Jamie chuckles and started dancing around the kitchen with Francesca shrieking with laughter.

“Jay, be careful.” Oliver couldn’t stop the words coming out his mouth, they were on default. It was automatic to warn about Francesca’s safety. Jamie grinned and took Francesca into the living room, continuing to spin the little girl around.

“If she’s sick, you’re cleaning it up!” Oliver warns him and soon enough, he heard Jamie and Francesca being silent.

“Frankie, it’s almost 7. Time for your bath and an early night.” Oliver says and Francesca begins to run into the bathroom, hoping to lock it. Luckily, Oliver had took the lock off.

Jamie and Oliver laugh, seeing Francesca’s confused face as why the door wasn’t locking. The small hole was where it use to be.

“Why you take it off?” Jamie whispers as Francesca went into her bedroom sulkily to get her clean pyjamas, she knew she had been defeated tonight.

“She locked herself in last week, and I couldn’t get in.” Oliver explains, popping some grapes into his mouth. Lately, he had been eating better. Jamie helped himself to some red grapes too and smiled as Francesca reappeared.

“Daddy, do I have to have a bath?” Francesca asks sadly, hoping that the whole, pouting lips and big brown eyes would do the trick.

Oliver knew the look far too well. “Yes princess, you do…” he tells her, handing her a grape and she pops it in her mouth.

“If you don’t have a bath Frankie, you’ll smell and then you’ll be known as a smelly princess!” Jamie teases, unknowing that Francesca took it to heart. She gasped.

“No! I’m not smelly!” she protests and without a word, storms into the bathroom, second later ordering for her father to hurry up so she can show Jamie what she drew in the nursery today.

Oliver smiles and notices Jamie looked relaxed, but also somewhat worried. The troubled look in his eyes. Oliver knew not to question it now…but it would later.

--

After Francesca successfully went to sleep, Jamie even joined in on the song that night, using the bedside table as a drum. Francesca found it highly entertaining as she had her own little band playing for her. After kisses, goodnights and “I love you”, Francesca swiftly went to sleep, and dreamed peacefully.

It was almost ten o clock now, Oliver and Jamie were lounging on the sofa, facing each other and slowly swigging their beers, the television was on quiet, just for background noise and the two men had been talking about nothing important for the past two hours. It was now time to get down to business.

“Ollie, I am sorry about what I said to you about Frankie and-” Jamie says, sounding guilty. Oliver smiles, and dismisses it with a hand.

“Stop worrying, you were right. I was putting too much on you and I was stressed and I don’t know…I took it out you, I’m sorry.” Oliver insists.

Jamie chuckles gently. “We sound like girls.” he comments, and Oliver laughed in agreement. They drank their beers in synch and smiled easily at each other.

“So what’s been going on with you lately?” Oliver asks and he noticed Jamie sigh softly.

“I’m thinking of ending it with Lucy.” Jamie admits, Oliver hadn’t heard of Lucy before, but it must have been the girl Jamie had mentioned beforehand.

“How come?” Oliver asks, instead of questioning who Lucy was.

“It’s not working out, she’s really clingy and stuff…I just feel bad. She’s a crier.” Jamie says and Oliver refrained from laughing. Jamie hated criers, he hated making girls cry.

Oliver can remember when Jamie first held Francesca in the hospital, two days after she was born. Francesca cried automatically, from being held by a stranger. Jamie almost threw her back at Oliver, worried that he hurt her and therefore, made her cry.

“Have fun with that.” Oliver says sarcastically and Jamie rolls his eyes but smirks, obviously not offended.

“What about you Ollie, any girls yet?” Jamie asks sarcastically, not thinking Oliver had an interest in a girl since his ex girlfriend, that bitch, left him.

Jamie had very strong views about Oliver’s ex girlfriend and he wasn’t afraid to show them. He made it quite what he thought of his old friend, his friend that betrayed his best friend.

“In fact, I have.” Oliver says proudly and Jamie had to stop himself from choking on the alcohol.

“What!” Jamie asks shocked, but smiling.

Oliver smugly, swigs his drink, smacking lips after. “Yep. I met her at the café, we traded numbers and we’re just friends but…hopefully.” Oliver says and laughed as he saw Jamie’s grin.

“That’s great, man!” Jamie says, genuinely excited for his friend, who might actually get some.

“We’re only friends.” Oliver reminds him, as knowing Jamie, he completely skipped the ‘just friends part’ and was picturing them getting married.

“So? Friends can go out right?” Jamie asks sneakily and Oliver eyed him curiously.

“What you mean?” Oliver asks, clueless

“I mean, ask the girl out for dinner or something!” Jamie says, his voice getting louder. Oliver shushes him.

“Sorry.” Jamie says, remembering that a little girl was trying to sleep in the room next door. It was odd how quickly Jamie forgot these type of things.

“I can’t ask her out.” Oliver says, suddenly realizing that girl like Eva wouldn’t want to date a guy like him, with a kid especially.

“Why the hell not? Just ring her and say ‘Would you like to go get some dinner with me sometime?”’ Jamie says like it was obvious.

Oliver rolls his eyes but the well of excitement couldn’t be denied, he wondered if Eva would say yes.

But Oliver’s plan faltered, when he realized he wouldn’t be able to go on a date, as he a four year old daughter.

“I can’t, I’ve got Frankie.” Oliver says plain and simply. Jamie leans forward and slaps Oliver’s cheek, a bit too roughly. Oliver glared at him.

“Explain!” he demands, rubbing his cheek dramatically.

“Don’t be stupid Ollie, I’ll look after the baby, and you can go out and live for once!” Jamie insists, even if the sentence sounded odd.

“But-” Oliver says, not wanting Jamie to think he had to look after Francesca in the evening, just because Oliver wanted to go see a girl.

“Listen, you’re going to ring her now and you’re going understood?” Jamie demands, playfully. Oliver, with little persuasion agreed. He quickly got his phone and found Eva’s number.

Two rings and she picked up. “Hi Oliver.” she says cheerfully, even though it was ten o clock at night.

“Hey Eva, sorry for ringing so late.” Oliver says.

“It’s no problem, so what’s up?” Eva asks lightly. Oliver breathed in deeply, and glanced Jamie, who was smirking at him, waiting for the news that his friend had a date.

“I was wondering, if you’re not busy or anything. If you want to go out, for dinner on Sunday? I have the day off and I was wondering if you hang out?” Oliver asks, messing up on his words and rambling, but most importantly he asked her.

Eva giggled lightly, and Oliver thought she was laughing at him. “I’d love to Ollie.” Eva says brightly and Oliver grinned. He turned to Jamie and did a thumbs up sign and Jamie did a silent cheer, pumping the air with his fist and having a bit of a fit on the sofa in joy.

Oliver contained his laughter and quickly turned away again. “Cool, so I’ll see you Sunday?” Oliver says happily.

“Looking forward to it.” Eva replies and with quick goodbyes, they hung up. Oliver threw his phone on the table, uncaring and turned to Jamie, who was doing the Mexican wave on his own.

“GET IN!” He loud whispers and high fives Oliver.

“You sure you’re okay looking after Frankie?” Oliver asks suddenly. Jamie grins.
“Stop worrying you daft git, yes I’m fine about it…I’ve been missing her anyways. Now, shut up and get me a beer!” Jamie cheers quietly. Oliver went and got another round of beers for them, they sat in front of the TV, their spirits brightened and enjoying one another company, both of them silently grateful for having a best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aha, so we have some good news for Oliver, finally :)
I'd just like to thank whoever is reading and subscribing, please don't be silent reader and give your comments. I love getting the motivation!

I might be giving another chapter out later, but it is Christmas Eve so I'm not sure if I will. I obviously won't be updating tomorrow as it is CHRISTMAS DAY! :D
And I'm seeing other family on Boxing Day, I get to see my cousins who I haven't seen in AGESSS!

Yeah, so I'm excited for Christmas now.
I hope you all have a fantastic day, and you enjoy yourselves and Santa brings whatever you wanted ;)

Comments/ Subscribe?
Rach! <3 xx