Status: COMPLETED.

Leave the Pieces

Shape-shifter, Bitch!

“Oh, shit.” I said quietly.

“Who?” Jordan asked.

“Uh…no one. Dylan, can you take Jordan and Jessa home?” Paul asked.

I glared sharply at him. “There is no fucking you’re fighting her with out me.” I snapped.
He grabbed my face lightly with his giant hands, and kissed me, softer than ever before.

“Please, go.” He said.

“Why don’t you want me here?” I asked.

“For one, I don’t want you to get hurt. Two, they’re both human. They need you.” He said.

I rolled my eyes. “Nice, play the guilt card, I get it.” I said, and then swam over to Jessa and Jordan. “Hey, Jordan, mind if I take you home?” I said, smiling.
She smiled slightly back. “Not at all, but what’s going on?” She asked.

“Don’t worry about, it’s just….a girl we don’t like is coming, and we don’t want you to get in our drama.” I said, somewhat telling the truth.

Jordan shrugged. “Alright, let’s go.” She said. As I was getting out of the water, Paul’s hot arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me back.

“What?” I asked.

“Please, be careful.” He pleaded.

“You, too, and I want you to call me the second you kill her. Got it?” I asked. He nodded, and kissed my forehead a couple times, before running in the opposite direction. “Hayley!” I called. She ran over and hugged me.

“Be careful.” We said at the same time.

“Bye Monster.”

She grinned. “Bye Skittlez.” We grinned at each other before she ran into the woods. I walked back over to Jessa and Jordan, and then looked back when a howl split through the air.

“Come on, let’s go.” I said, grabbing my stuff, while Jessa and Jordan we’re doing the same. Jessa tucked a piece of her newly dyed brown locks behind her ear, and turned to me.

“What’s going on? Who’s Victoria?” She asked.

“I’ll tell you about it when we get home.” I whispered. She nodded, and we took Jordan home after giving her Seth’s number, with out his permission but we figured he’d thank us later, and drove home.

A couple minutes later, I explained what happened to the family, told Jessa about Victoria, and Jessa and I were sitting next to each other with our fingers laced, worry about our boys….and Hayley. (Love you Monster ;})

“Dylan, honey, stop worrying.” Emmett whispered in my ear, wrapping one of his muscular arms around my small shoulders. I turned to him with teary eyes.

“How can I not? I should’ve….I should’ve stayed. It would’ve stacked the odds in our favor.” I said.

Emmett stared at me with this scared look in his eyes. “No….don’t, don’t say that. If you ever got hurt fighting Victoria, especially on the dog’s land.” He sneered the last part, and I raised an eyebrow. “Sorry, Quilette land.” He sighed.

I leaned my head on his shoulder. “You don’t have to worry about me anymore, Emmett. I can take care of myself.” I laughed.

“I know, I know. You always tell me that.”

“Maybe it’s about time you start listening.” I said.

He rolled his eyes, and kissed my forehead. “God, you smell like wet dog.” He said, and I smacked his arm. “Ow.” He said, rubbing his arm slightly.

I smirked, and then my eyes widened when my phone went off. I saw Paul’s name flashing on the screen. “Thank God.” I said and answered. “What happened?” I asked.

We fucking lost her, again. She keeps slipping from our fingers.” He said.

“Don’t you mean paws?” Emmett said. I hit him again.

“You should’ve let me stay.” I said.

And risk your safety? I think not.” He said.

I rolled my eyes. “Alright, alright, I’ll see you tomorrow, sweetheart.” I said.

Okay, bye baby.” He said.

“Bye.” I hung up the phone. “They lost her.” I said. All of the Cullens looked defeated, except for Emmett.

“We’re gonna get her. I just know it.” He said.

I laughed. “Yes, we will, Em.” I said and bumped fists with him.

The next morning, I woke up, yet again, to Hayley jumping on my bed. “Okay, they really need to stop letting you in.” I grumbled. I let out a startled yelp when I fell of the bed.

“Would you just hurry up, and get dressed? We’re going shopping!” She said.

I stared at her. “No one should be this hyper in the morning. It’s not normal.” I said standing up.

She grinned. “Well, I had an amazing night.” She said.

I gasped in mock surprise. “You and Embry finally did the nasty?” I asked, trying to hold back my laugh.

She turned red, and her jaw dropped. “Dylan Ashley Harris Cullen, I can not believe you just asked me that!” She shrieked, smacking me hard with a pillow.

“Ow.” I whined. “Hayley, that’s not fair, you’re a werewolf!” I yelled, holding up my hands, protecting my head from her blows.

“You’re a half vampire, you’ll get over it!” She screamed back, continuing to hit me with the pillow.

“Damn it, Hayley!” I screeched, launching myself off the bed, with her hot on my trail.

“Get back here, you lame excuse for a vampire!” She yelled.

“You’re a lousy werewolf!” I shot back.

“Shape-shifter, bitch! Shape-shifter!” She retorted. I stopped running, trying to breathe while having the laughing fit. I gasped when Hayley crashed into me.

“Stairs!” I screamed as we both toppled down them. When we reached the bottom, we were both groaning in pain.

“I think you elbowed my ribs.” She said.

“Yeah, well I think your head hit mine.” I said, rubbing my now sore head. We looked at each other and burst out laughing. “I can’t believe we just fell down the steps!” I yelled. Hayley looked like she wanted to say something, but was laughing too hard for it to come out.

“Are you girls alright?” Esme’s said, concerned. Hayley and I nodded, not trusting our voices at the moment. Esme sighed. “Would you two please be more careful?” She asked. Again, we nodded. When Hayley and I finally got over our laughing fit, we stood up, and groaned.

“Ow.” We said in unison. “Okay, go get dressed.” Hayley ordered.

I walked up the steps, painfully I might add, and got dressed in a yellow Tinker Bell shirt with ‘Rebel’ written on it, black skinny jeans, yellow high-top converse, a yellow studded belt, a heart necklace, and a Tinker Bell bracelet. I grabbed a black bag, stuffing my phone and I Pod in it, and then grabbed a leather jacket. I put on some yellow sunglasses and hopped down the stairs. “I’m ready.” I said.

Hayley grinned, sliding her purple sunglasses over her eyes. “Well, then, let’s hit it!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone likes. Comment, message, subscribe. Thanks.