Cross Your Fingers

We Are...

“Come on Justin, please let me go,” Isabelle Godsey said trying to get her older brother, Justin, to take her to the party he was going to. She looked over to Stephen Gomez for help. He was as much her friend as he was Justin’s and the three of them hung out a lot. Justin just always refused to bring her to parties. He thought it was his job to protect her whether she needed it of not.

“No Izy we’ve gone through this before,” Justin told her.

“But,” she started but Justin cut her off.

“Izy you’re not going,” he said just wanting to leave.

“Come on Justin, just let her go. She’ll be fine and she can hang out with John,” Stephen tried to help her out.

“Fine let’s just go,” Justin decided to just give in he couldn’t win against the two of them.

“Yay! Thank you Stephen,” she said going over to give him a hug. She was excited that her brother finally gave in. He was surprised at first, but then wrapped his arms around her.

“Are we going to leave anytime soon?” Justin spoke up.

“Yeah let’s go,” Izy answered breaking away from Stephen grabbed his hand and then led him to the door. She didn’t let go until they reached his car that was parked at the end of the Godsey’s driveway. He walked over to the driver’s side and she opened the door to the back seat and saw there was already someone there.

“Hey John,” she greeted the younger Gomez cheerfully. Her and John were the same age and they had a couple classes together, but they didn’t really hang out that much.

“Hey Izy, you finally got Justin to give in,” he greeted her back.

“It wasn’t fair it was two vs. one,” Justin cut in. “Is it so wrong for me to want to look out for my baby sis?”

“Justin, I don’t need you to protect me. Anyways we all know you just don’t want me to see you drunk.”

“That is a perfectly good reason.”

Soon Stephen pulled the car in front of an already crowded house. “John do you want to be my best friend tonight?” Izy asked him.

“Um, sure,” he responded not really sure what he was getting himself into.

“Great let’s go,” she said grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the car and up to the party. “You ready?”

“Yes let’s do this,” he said and the two of them walked into the house. “What exactly are we going to do?” he asked when they were inside.

“Hmm…” she thought for a moment before answering. “Let’s dance.” Before John could answer she lead him through the house and found and area where people were dancing. Izy was having a lot of fun dancing with John and she danced with him until she needed a break. “I’m going to get a drink. Do you want anything?”

“Yeah could you grab me a beer?”

“Sure I’ll be right back,” she said before disappearing into the crowd. After searching the first floor she found the kitchen where all the drinks where and grabbed to red cups and filled them with beer for her and John.

“Justin is going to be pissed if he sees you with that.” Izy turned around and saw Stephen was with her in the Kitchen.

“Yeah he would, but by now he’s probably drunk enough to not care.”

“You’re right he got to that point awhile ago,” Stephen told her. “What have you and John been up to?”

“Just dancing and other various shenanigans,” she said and then left the kitchen with Stephen following her. When she got back to where John is a girl held out a bag to her.

“Seven minutes in heaven,” the girl said for an explanation. Izy didn’t really want to do this but she wasn’t going to be the girl who refuses to participate.

“Wait hold up,” Justin spoke up. Izy exhaled thinking he was going to protest his sister playing seven minutes in heaven. Instead he just reached into the bag and pulled something out putting it into his pocket. “Ok continue,” he said and Izy rolled her eyes. She reached into the bag and felt something like sunglasses she was pretty sure who they belonged to so she pulled them out. She pulled out a pair of glasses with thick white frames and no lenses.

“John let’s go,” she said putting on the glasses and walking over to the closet. Izy felt pretty awkward standing in the dark and being so close to John and tried to think of something to say but nothing came to mind.

“Izy,” John said and then hesitated. “I like you.”

“I like you to John.” Izy told him. He was about to speak again but Izy cut him off by placing her lips onto his.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just really wanted to write this I was going to wait but I decided not to. Please tell me what you think so far and subscribe because it will make me happy. :)