Cross Your Fingers

I,I,I

Izy took one last look in the mirror taking in the outfit she had picked out with Jess earlier in the week. She was wearing a white tube top with a flower pattern and a pair of black skinny jeans. Her gaze went from the mirror to the garment bag hanging on her closet door she had found the perfect prom dress. Suddenly Jess burst in the room. “Hey girl are you ready to party,” Jess greeted her. Jess was also wearing a new outfit she had a black t-shirt and jean shorts.

“Of course I am,” Izy replied. “Let’s go.” She held out her arm and her and Jess walked downstairs with their arms linked.

The party was already going but Stephen and John were waiting for the girls at the bottom of the stairs. Izy left Jess’s side to embrace John. “You look great,” he told her.

“Thanks. Do you want anything to drink?” she asked him since it was her house and everything.

“I can get it,” he said.

“But it’s my house you should let me. I’ll be right back.” She went to the kitchen to get the drinks. She had just grabbed a cup when Stephen got her attention. She nervously fidgeted with the thin silver bangles on her wrist, waiting for him to say whatever was on his mind.

“You’ve been avoiding me.” She was about to lie and tell him it wasn’t true but instead he cut her off. “ You and I both know it’s true. Don’t deny it just tell me why.”

“I just don’t think we should keep seeing each other anymore,” she told him.

“Are we breaking up?” he asked trying to lighten the mood. He didn’t want what she was saying to be true. He wanted her to change her mind and decide that it was him that she wanted.

“Well technically we were never actually together, but if you want to think about it that way. Yes, yes we are breaking up.” She quickly got the drinks for her, Jess and John before leaving the kitchen and returning over to them.

“Bout time girl I was getting thirsty over here,” Jess teased her while she reached for her drink.

“Fine next time you’re getting the drinks then,” Izy responded. She handed John his drink. He took it in one hand and then put an arm around her. Later on JF and Weston joined their small group. They were had been talking when JF zoned out staring off at someone who had just entered.

“Hey earth to JF what the hell are you staring at?” Jess asked waving her hand in front of his face.

“That girl,” JF said. “Who is she?”

“First off smooth JF, real smooth. Second it’s so not worth it. Third her name is Melisa DeGasario,” Jess explained.

“Uh she’s here.” Izy stated in disbelief. She turned around to see where JF was looking. Melisa is who you would call the school slut, every school has one. As soon as she saw her Izy rolled her eyes at the girls outfit. She was wearing a red halter-top paired with a denim mini skirt and black stiletto high heels.

“Well I think I’ll go introduce myself,” JF excused himself from the group.

“And I’m going to go ruin his chances,” Jess followed after JF was out of ear range.

So then it was just John, Izy and Weston left. They hung out for a while but eventually he left them too to see what Stephen was up to. A few drinks into the night the two of them claimed a seat in the living room. John sat down in one of the chairs while Izy sat on his lap. She was comfortable into he leaned in to whisper in her ear.

“Izy I love you,” he told her. He wasn’t entirely sure why he actually said it but it was too late to take it back.

In a moment of panic Izy didn’t know how to respond. She had never seriously thought about love and she definitely wasn’t ready to hear it. “I-I-I I have to pee,” she blurted out in panic getting of his lap and heading upstairs.

She was relieved to find the bathroom was empty. She quickly went in locking the door and looking in the mirror. She splashed some water on her face and took a couple deep breathes before leaving to enter back into the party. She was just concentrating on navigating through all the people and back to John. Then suddenly someone grabbed her arm jerking her into her room and pinning her against the door. Before she could react someone’s lips were on hers moving sloppily but with persistence. The first thing she noticed was the strong taste of alcohol of his mouth.

“Stephen what the hell?” she tried to push him away.

“Izy I can’t lose you,” he told her moving his mouth to her neck.

“I’m not going anywhere we just can’t do this. You know this is wrong, I’m with John.”

“What’s wrong is that you are with John you should be with me. I know you better then him, hell I know you better than anyone.”

“I know you do,” she admitted. “You’re my best friend but John is my boyfriend and,” she paused on the words she was about to say. “He told me he loved me.”

This caught Stephen off guard. He dropped his hands to his side and Izy saw a distance in his eyes. “And what did you tell him?” he asked.

“I didn’t say anything I panicked.”

“But what did you want to say?”

She took a minute to think but she knew what she wanted to say. “I wanted to say it back to him,” she said honestly.

Hurt took over Stephen’s face, before he spoke in desperation. “But Izy I’m in love with you.”

“Stephen you’re drunk,” she stated before turning around and leaving her room. She pushed through the people crowding in the hallway not even to look over her shoulder. She just needed to find John she didn’t even notice when Stephen left the room shortly after her in an attempt to stop her. When she got downstairs John wasn’t there anymore. She looked throughout the whole house before looking outside. He was there standing alone he looked a little upset and Izy assumed it was because of her abruptly leaving earlier.

She went over to where he was and hugged him. “John I’m sorry,” she spoke quietly. “You caught me off guard but I love you too. I really do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa. Yay updates and you know what I'm doing right now? (well you don't know but I'll tell you)
I'm starting the prom chapter(YAY) I'm so excited to write it so I hope people will enjoy reading it. Anyways outfits for Izy and Jess if you want to look at them.