Cross Your Fingers

Chemistry Set

When Izy woke up the next morning she had two missed calls and a text message all from John. Right after Stephen had left she went upstairs and knocked on Justin’s door. When he told her to come in she opened the door but stayed in the doorway.

“Hey just to let you know me and John have been dating for a week now, but I’m pretty tired so let’s not talk about it right now.” She left and went to sleep right after that.

After getting over her haze of just waking up she dialed her voicemail and listened to her messages. She called him up hoping he would be awake by now. The phone rang four times before he picked up.

“Hey,” he said a little groggily.

“Hey John it’s me, Izy.”

“Izy, about last night I know you didn’t want to tell anyone but we should still give this a try.”

“Yeah I agree did you think I was going to break up with you just because our brothers walked in on us making out?”

“Well you said you wanted to keep our relationships a secret and when I didn’t hear from you after…”

“That’s not because I want to break up. I was just hanging out with Justin. I told him that you’re my boyfriend so he would be ok with us.”

“You told him? Does this mean he won’t kick my ass for forcing you into things?”

“You forcing me into things? Are we forgetting who was on top? If anything I was forcing you.”

“Trust me you don’t have to force me to do anything,” he assured her.

“Good, so do you want to hang out today?” she asked.

“Sure why don’t you came over?”

“That sounds great. I’ll be over after I get something to eat. See you soon.” He said goodbye and the two of them hung up. Izy changed into a pair of jean shorts and a black shirt that went off one of her shoulders. She went down to the kitchen grabbed some cereal before leaving the house. It was a warm and sunny day as she walked over to John’s house. The door was open when she got there so she walked in. She had spent a lot of time at this house during her life.

“Izy it’s good to see you. Are you looking for Stephen,” Izy was greeted by John and Stephen’s mom.

“Hey Mrs. G. Actually I’m here to see John,” she told the older women.

“Oh ok he’s up in his room just go on up.”

She went upstairs walking through the familiar hallway. Stephen’s room was the first door then there was a bathroom and then there was John’s room. She had never really been in his room before, but she knew this house almost as well as her own. She lightly knocked on his door before walking in. The first thing she noticed was a guitar set up on a stand near the bed.

“I didn’t know you could play guitar,” she said.

“I’ve been playing for a while actually. Stephen and I might join a band.”

“That’s awesome if you do then I would be able to say my boyfriend is in a band.” She paused for a minute before asking. “Do you think you could teach me?”

“Yeah sure,” he sat down on the bed and motioned for her to sit next to him. When she sat down he grabbed the guitar and handed it to her. He put his arm around her and guided her hands as he started to teach her how to play.

Monday at school they really became official. They walked in holding hands and soon more and more people started to notice. People whispered as they walked to their first period chemistry class where the two of them sat in the back. Izy good mood however was ruined when class started.

“Ok class I have you last test graded,” the teacher said and started to hand out tests. Izy took a moment to star at the face down test not wanting to see how bad she really did. After it became too unbearable not knowing and she flipped it over.

“Ugh chemistry is kicking my ass,” she told John after seeing her failing grade on the test. If she didn’t start getting better grades she would have to take it again. “John please tell me you super awesome at chemistry and can help me get my grade up.”

“Sorry Iz but I’m barely passing, but I think Stephen did pretty good at chemistry I bet he could help you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm what do you think is going to happen in this story? Feedback and predictions would be awesome, so as always comment and subscribe