Status: Active. Will update as much as I can. Comment/Subscribe.

Home Run

1

Charlie’s POV

“Keegan, are you almost ready to leave?”

“Yeah, I’ll be right down in a sec.”

I sighed and waiting for him to come downstairs so we could go already. I have been waiting for this day for almost a year, and he’s the one that’s making us late.

You’re probably wondering what the hell I’m talking about. Well, I’ll introduce myself first. My name is Charlotte Roberts, but people call me Charlie. I’m 23 years old, and I live in Huntington Beach, California, with my older brother, Keegan, who’s 26. We have been close since our parents got divorced when we were really young. We haven’t seen our dad since the divorce, and our mom died when we were teenagers, so Keegan took it upon himself to raise me and to provide me with the best life I could have. I think he has been doing a good job at it.

I have a best friend named Hallie. We met in the fourth grade when we were paired up to do this reading thing. She asked me if I wanted to play with her at recess, and we’ve been friends since. We tell each other everything, no matter what it is, so she knows all about my crush on Zacky.

I have a job working at FYE at the mall. It’s not the best, but hey, it helps pay the bills. The real reason I work there is because I absolutely love music. My all time, favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold. When I first heard them while I was working, I was hooked. When I got home that day, I googled the band and liked what I saw. They were all so good looking, but one stood out to me.

That was Zacky Vengeance.

I don’t know what it was, the way he was posing, or the way he was holding his guitar, but he has been my crush since then. I’ve been to a couple of their concerts, but I’ve never been close to the stage. I’m either in the balcony, or I’m in the far back where I can’t see them, just hear the music. My dream is to get close to the stage and be able to see Zacky in all of his glory, but that’s never going to happen because my luck is shitty.

Now, let me tell you what’s going on today. Today, I’m going to my first baseball game ever. Baseball has been my favorite sport for as long as I can remember. I even played softball in high school because I wasn’t allowed to play with the boys. My brother and I are going to watch the Anaheim Angels, my favorite baseball team.

Now, I know that’s Zacky’s favorite team also, but I don’t like them because he likes them. Hallie has told me so many times that that’s the reason why I like them, but it really isn’t. I watched them one time on TV and saw that they could play and started liking them.

“Okay, I’m ready.” Keegan said, running down the stairs.

“Finally, I have been waiting forever. I think I’m starting to get gray hair.” I told him, following him into the kitchen.

“Oh, stop being a smartass. You’re just jealous because I look better than you.” He said, grabbing two water bottles out of the fridge for us to have for the car ride.

“I don’t care what I look like; I just care about the game.” I told him.

“Okay, say that when we see Avenged Sevenfold there, and watch when you care what you look like.” He laughed.

“They’re supposed to be there?” I asked, getting excited.

“How I’m I suppose to know. They are famous, why would they be at some lame baseball game?” He asked, picking up his keys and heading towards the front door.

“First of all, the Angels aren’t lame.” I said, following him. “And second, the Angels are Zacky’s favorite baseball team. They could be there.” I told him.

“Well, don’t get your hopes up.” He said locking the door.

I glared at his back, but when he turned around, I smiled innocently at him. He gave me a strange look and started walking towards his black Honda Civic. We both got in the car, and Keegan started the car. I hurried and put on Avenged Sevenfold before he could say anything and blared the sound system when Critical Acclaim came on.

Keegan got onto the highway, and people were looking over at us because of the loud music. I didn’t care, it’s Avenged Sevenfold, they need to be blared out of the car.

About fifteen minutes later, we pulled up to the stadium. There were already a lot of people here, so thank god for assign seating. Keegan never told me where our seats were. I’m hoping that they’re the best since he hasn’t said anything about them.

We pulled into the closest parking spot we could find and started the long walk to the stadium. On our walk, there were so many people asking if anyone had an extra ticket, and the people that walked by just looked at them and kept moving. I would never give up my ticket for someone. That’s fucking stupid, and it’s even more stupid when the people looking for tickets ask people. They should have gotten them when everyone else did. That’s their damn fault.

We got to the front of the line, and Keegan finally handed me my ticket. When he handed it to me, he was smiling one of those creepy smiles. I looked at him strangely and looked down at my ticket. I couldn’t believe what I saw.

We were sitting behind home plate.

When I was going to ask Keegan if I was reading this right, he was already past the lady scanning the tickets and heading inside. I gave the lady my ticket for her to scan. She told him have a fun time, and I went to find Keegan. I found him standing against the wall waiting for me with a big smile on his face.

“Does this ticket read what I think it reads?” I asked with a big smile on my face.

“You, in fact sister dear, are reading it right.” He said with his smile still on his face.

I cheered and jumped into his arms, hugging his neck really tight.

“Thank you so much. You are the best big brother ever.” I said before he put me down.

“Well, I’m your only big brother, but I’ll take the compliment.” He said, smirking.

I scoffed and slapped him in the chest, but he just laughed it off.

“I say, we go get something to eat before the game starts.” Keegan said, walking towards the concession area.

“Okay. I just want some pizza and a Pepsi.” I told him.

“Alright, I’ll get what I want, and then I’ll get us popcorn to share for later." He told me when we got into the pizza line.

Keegan ordered my food for me then passed it to me so he could pay. I took a drink of my pop while walking to where Keegan was getting his food. We got into the hotdog line. It had to be the longest line because everyone eats hotdogs at baseball games. It took us about ten minutes to get through the line before we went to the self-serve popcorn machine.

Keegan filled the largest box of popcorn they had and went to pay for it. After that, we took off to find our seats. We found them, and the view was amazing. I could see the whole field, so I wouldn’t be able to miss a single play.

“How did you get these tickets?” I asked my brother after taking a bite from my pizza.

“This guy I work with was planning on coming to the game today. Well, the two people he was going to go with backed out and asked me if I wanted the tickets. He said that since they were already paid for that I could have them for free. I knew you wanted to come so bad, and it would be your first baseball game with your favorite game playing, so I felt I needed to take them. If I wouldn’t have, I would have felt guilty.” He said, looking down at the field.

My brother has never done anything like this before. He usually lets me suffer and laugh about it to my face how I can’t do something.

“I appreciate it, Keegan. You don’t know how happy I am that you did that.” I told him.

“Well, sometimes, I like to see you happy.” He laughed.

I laughed too and just looked around at the crowd, waiting for the game to start.

Zacky’s POV

“Hey, thanks for coming, guys.” I told my four best friends while we were entering the stadium.

“Hey, it’s no problem, Man. Since the girls were having a girl’s day, why couldn’t we have a guy’s day?” Brian said, going towards the food.

“I just thought you guys had something better to do.” I said, pulling out my wallet to get money out to buy myself some pizza and beer.

“Dude, you know when the girls are gone, we have nothing better to do.” Matt chuckled before ordering.

I laughed, got my food, and stood off to the side to wait for the rest of the guys to get their grub. When they all got their food, we headed to where we were going to sit. I got tickets for our seats to be behind home plate. That’s the best seat in the whole fucking park, and I’m famous, so I can afford the seats.

When we got to our seats, there were only two people in the row, a girl and a guy. You could tell that they were brother and sister. They looked so much a like. Even though I have a girlfriend, I got to admit that the girl was really pretty. Her brother said something to her, and she laughed, showing her straight, white teeth.

I told the guys these were our seats, so we walked down the aisle. As I was looking at the seat numbers, I realized that I would be sitting right next to her. I didn’t have a problem with that, it brighten my day just a little bit.

“Hey Zack dude, that girl is hot.” Brian whispered so the girl wouldn’t hear him.

“Shut up.” I told him in my regular voice and started eating.

That was his way of knowing that I thought the same thing. I was surprised when she didn’t even look over at us, just kept staring at the field. Maybe she was zoned out or something, who knows.

I finished my pizza and just drank my beer. I could feel that this game was going to be good.

Charlie’s POV

The game was about to start, so they were about to sing the national anthem. Keegan and I stood up and put our hand over our heart. The singer wasn’t that good, which doesn’t surprise me. They never pick good singers unless it’s a famous singer, or someone I have heard of, which is once in a blue moon.

We sat back down, and they announced all the players from both teams. When they were announcing the opposing side, I didn’t really pay attention. I wasn’t here to see them; I was here for the Angels.

I could see Keegan from the corner of my eye looking at the people sitting next to me. He did a double look, and his mouth dropped. I looked at him, and he got back to normal, but he couldn’t stop looking over at the people next to me.

“What’s your problem?” I asked him.

“You might want to look and see who’s sitting next to you.” He said, quietly.

“Why would I want to do that? I don’t care who’s sitting next to me.” I told him

“I think you might want to.”

I turned and looked just to make him happy, and I couldn’t believe who I saw. Avenged Sevenfold was sitting in our row, and Zacky Vengeance was sitting right next to me. I was speechless. I couldn’t look away from them.

I finally did and went back to the game. This is the best day of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the first chapter of my new story. The next update won't be up until after Christmas.

Comment and tell me what you think.

I hope you like it.

Thanks.