Status: Active. Will update as much as I can. Comment/Subscribe.

Home Run

2

Charlie’s POV

The game was going great so far, even though, we were only at the top of the second. So far, I have been really calm, which surprises me because Zacky Vengeance is sitting right next to me. Usually, I would be freaking out, but since I told myself so many times to stay calm and not freak, that I have done that. I wouldn’t want to make a fool out of myself in front of him. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.

Every now and then, I could see my brother looking at me from the corner of my eye smirking. I would look at him, glare at him, and return back to watching the game. I even felt Zacky look at me a few times. I was smiling really big on the inside, but on the outside, I was just like everyone else here, watching a baseball game.

The Angeles were up to bat, and the first batter got out on a pop fly. The second batter hit the ball and got a double because the out fielders made some errors. The third batter came out of the dug out and practiced his swings before stepping up to home plate. The first ball was a strike. The batter hit the second ball. It was high in the air and was going towards the left field by the foul line. The third base man caught the ball, but right before the umpire called it, he dropped the ball.

“He’s out.” The ump called.

I looked around me at all the people, and they weren’t doing anything about it. I know what I saw, and I was hoping that someone else saw it too.

“Did he drop the ball?” Keegan asked me while the batter was heading back towards the dug out.

“Yeah, I’m about to yell something. That isn’t fair.” I told him, getting mad.

“You don’t want to embarrass yourself in front of Vengeance, would you?” He whispered in my ear, and I could tell he was smirking.

“Right now, I don’t care.”

I stood up from my seat and shouted as loud as I could:

“He dropped the ball!”

Everyone around me was staring at me, but as I said before, I didn’t care. It isn’t fair to the batter, and it isn’t fair to the baseball fans that weren’t here, watching the game at home or in a bar.

After I said that, the people around me were asking each other if it was true. I could hear Avenged Sevenfold talking about it too. That made me smile. They were talking about me. I felt proud at that moment.

Instead of them talking calmly, they started arguing, and the person that was getting targeted was Zacky. I’m guessing that the rest of the band was telling him to ask me if I saw what I saw, and he kept saying no. I didn’t think there was anything wrong with me. I didn’t smell bad because I took a shower this morning, and I didn’t have bad breath because I have been chewing gum since after I finished my pizza and pop.

So, your guess is as good is mine.

“Excuse me?” Someone asked next to me.

I was still standing because if I sat down, I would just get even madder about the situation.

“Yeah?” I asked back.

I turned to my left where the voice was coming from and saw Zacky looking at me and about to answer me. I guess the guys got him to talk to me.

Thank you, M. Shadows, Synyster Gates, The Rev, and Johnny Christ.

“Did he really drop the ball?” Zacky asked.

“Yes he did. I knew that guy was going to catch it, so I paid more attention to it. I do that when I watch baseball games at home too. When I saw him drop it and heard that he was out, I thought more people would have seen it, but I guess that didn’t. I couldn’t let that be a bad call.” I told him.

“I saw it too; I just didn’t want to scream it out like you did.” He laughed.

I laughed too, and I could feel my face get red.

“I’m Zacky, by the way.” He said, holding out his hand for me to shake.

“I’m Charlotte, but people call me Charlie.” I said, shaking his hand. “And I know who you are. You guys are my favorite band.” I said blushing.

“I wouldn’t have guessed.” He chuckled. “You looked like you didn’t know who I was.” He said.

“Well, I was guessing that you guys were having a guy day and didn’t want fans bugging you, so I didn’t say or do anything.” I told him.

“And you are right, well, about the guy day. All of our girlfriends wanted to have a girl day, so I dragged the guys here with me.” He laughed.

He had a girlfriend. That just kept repeating in my head. I know that I would never be with him, but it still hurt that he had one.

“I think the Angeles couch is going to talk to the ump.” Zacky said, pointing to where the two men were standing.

We both sat back down in our seats, and all of our attention was on the two men. I saw the men shake hands, and the batter got back to home plate to bat. I screamed with everyone else, happy that I did something right.

“You were right.” Zacky said, smiling at me before turning back to watch the game.

I looked over at my brother, and he was smiling at me this time, seeing me happy. I smiled back and watched the game until the seventh inning stretch. During the other innings, Zacky and I were talking about what was going on. He was really easy to talk to, and I wasn’t nervous anymore. It was like we have known each other for a while.

“So, who are you here with?” Zacky asked me when we got to the seventh inning.

“Oh, my brother, Zacky, this is Keegan, Keegan, this is Zacky.” I said.

“It’s nice to meet you dude.” Zacky said, doing that handshake that males do.

“Same to you.” Keegean said.

“Do you want to meet the guys?” Zacky asked me, turning back to me.

“I don’t want to cause trouble.” I told him.

I would be great to meet the rest of Avenged Sevenfold, but today was their day, and I didn’t think they wanted to meet fans.

“No, it’s no problem. They would be happy to meet you.”

Zacky turned and got the guys’ attention before all five of them were looking at me. I felt a little intimidated because my favorite band, all in its glory, was right in front of me.

“Guys, this is Charlie and her brother, Keegan. Charlie, Keegan, this is Brian, Matt, Jimmy, and Johnny.” Zacky said, introducing all of us.

“It’s nice to meet all of you.” I said softly, shaking all of their hands.

“Let me guess, you’re a fan.” Matt said.

I looked down, my face turning red. I could hear the guys laughing at me, so I picked up my head and saw them looking at me again.

“Yes I am.” I told them.

“Well, I got to say, you’re not like some of the fans. You’re not freaking out.” Brain said, confused.

“Oh believe me, she was when you guys got here. She was trying to not freak out.” Keegan said, getting into the conversation.

I turned and glared at him while the guys laughed.

I pictured meeting them in a totally different way. I’ve pictured myself at one of their concerts, waiting for them to come out. They would sign my CD, tell me thank you for coming to the show, and go on to the next person. I didn’t ever see myself sitting next to them at a baseball game, talking to them like we were old friends. I thought that they were different. I thought they were going to be like all the other famous people. They wouldn’t talk, just sit there and keep their business to themselves. I was just waiting for them to stop talking to me after meeting me, but they didn’t. They were probably the nicest guys I have ever met. I was expecting them to be assholes like all the other guys, but I could tell that they respected people, especially women.

The rest of the baseball game went on, and now all seven of us were talking about the game. It felt nice. The game was over, and the Angeles won five to three. It was a great game. We all walked out of the stadium together, still talking. We never ran out of things to say. It will be sad when we have to part ways and go to our cars.

“Our car is that way.” Keegan told the guys.

“Our cars are that way.” Johnny said, pointing in the opposite direction of where our car was.

“It was nice to meet you.” Matt said before pulling me into a hug.

“It was nice to meet you too.” I said, returning the hug.

I hugged the rest of the guys before getting to Zacky last.

“It was a great game, was it?” Zacky asked, putting his hands in his jean pockets.

“Yes it was, except for that dumbass call at the beginning.” I told him.

“Yeah, and it was funny when you yelled. Everyone was looking at you. I was getting embarrassed sitting next to you.” He joked.

“Shut up.” I said and slapped him in the arm.

“That hurt.” He joked again.

“You big baby.” I laughed.

“Come on, Zacky, we need to go. The girls are going to be home in a little bit.” Jimmy called from his car.

“Well, it was nice to meet you.” Zacky said, pulling me into a hug.

This hug was probably the best one I have ever received, and he smelled amazing which as an added bonus.

“You too.” I said, pulling away from the hug.

“Bye.” He said and started walking away.

“See ya.” I told him and started walking towards the car.

Keegan was sitting in the driver’s seat, waiting patiently for me. I got into the car, put on my seatbelt, and Keegan took off out of the parking lot towards our house.

“Did you have a good time?” Keegan asked, merging onto the highway.

“It was the best day of my life.” I told him honestly.

“Well, I’m glad.” He said, smiling and went back to looking at the road.

I looked out the window the whole time just thinking about today. I would never expect to meet them, and now I probably won’t see them ever again.

Zacky’s POV

I walked to Brian’s car, thinking about the day. I’m surprised at myself that I was the first one to talk to her, and I was also surprised that she was a fan, not in a bad way, of course.

When she didn’t say anything when I sat down next to her made me believe that she didn’t know who I was or who the guys were. I think that was the first time I felt like a normal person, not Zacky Vengeance, but Zacky Baker.

I opened the passenger side door of Brian’s car and got in. I put on my seatbelt, and he made his way to the exit.

“What did you think of Charlie?” Brian asked me.

“I think she’s pretty cool.” I told him.

“I saw you getting friendly with her.” Brian laughed.

“I was not. I have a girlfriend, remember.” I said.

“She’s not good enough for you, but Charlie is.” Brain said.

“I barely know her.”

“You want to though.”

I didn’t answer him. I just looked out the window. Charlie is cool to talk to, pretty, and has a great personality. I don’t even know why Brian was pushing the subject. It’s not like I’m going to see her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Year!!

I just want to say that college is going to start back up again on Monday, and this time, I go everyday, so the updates will come out on the weekends.

Comment and tell me what you think.

I hope you like it.

Thanks.