Status: Active. Will update as much as I can. Comment/Subscribe.

Home Run

18

Charlie’s POV

I looked over to the direction where I heard the voice and saw Hallie standing there with a smug look on her face. She was holding some guy’s hand that was part of Avenged Sevenfold’s tour because he had a badge clipped to one of his belt loops. I was shocked to see her because she wasn’t the biggest fan of band guys or guys associated with famous bands. She was the one that told me that Zacky and I would never make it because he was in a band, and he would cheat on me, and this relationship would be pointless to start.

“Hey.” I said confused as to why she was here.

“What are you doing here?” Hallie asked.

“I’m here with Zack. You?” I asked back.

“Oh, I’m with Mike too. He’s one of the drum techs for one of the bands opening for Avenge… Oh! I just realized the both of us are going to be seeing a lot of each other.” Hallie smirked.

A smirk on her face is never a good thing; she has something up her sleeve, and I really don’t want to know what it is.

“So, how long are you staying on tour?” Hallie asked while Zacky was getting my luggage off the conveyer belt.

“The rest of the tour.” I said, smiling, thinking about being with Zacky the whole time was going to be amazing. “What about you?” I asked her.

“Oh, only about a week. I have to get back to my job; they wouldn’t give me anymore time off than that.” She frowned.

Good, I don’t have to deal with her the whole tour, I thought.

“I got your stuff. You ready to go?” Zack asked, nudging me.

“Yeah, bye Hallie.” She ignored me, and Zack and I took off towards his car.

We put my luggage in his trunk and set off to the first venue where their bus was parked for the first show tonight. I was still shocked that I saw Hallie. When she left my room that day, I thought that that was the last time I was going to see her. After she made that comment, I was planning on never talking to her again, but I guess luck wasn’t on my side at the airport.

“What was that all about?” Zack asked as we continued driving towards the venue.

“I never told you the story about me and Hallie?” I asked back.

“Not that I remember.”

So, I went on telling him all about Hallie not wanting me to date Zack, and how he was going to cheat on me while he was on tour, and how this relationship will never last.

“And now, she’s on this tour with her boy band boyfriend after telling me that I shouldn’t date you. Hypocrite.” I finished.

“That’s fucked up. Her relationship, if it’s a relationship, won’t last long with him. She’s like the fifth girl he has brought with him.”

“Are you serious?”

“As a heart attack, babe.” He smirked.

“You are such a retard.” I laughed while slapping him on his arm.

“It got you to laugh didn’t it?” He asked, getting off the highway.

“Okay, I see your point. Is this the exit for the venue?” I asked.

“No; I’m hungry, and I was thinking you might be too since you’ve been flying all this time and haven’t any food.”

“Well, I am kind of hungry.”

“Just thinking of you, babe.”

I smiled as he pulled into a Wendy’s drive thru. I told him what I wanted, and we were off again. During the rest of the drive, we talked about what I’ve been doing in California while he was gone, and he was telling me what was going on during the tour and how the shows have been. From hearing his stories, I’m so excited to be going on tour with him because he makes it sound so much fun, and since I’m going to be with him and the rest of the guys, it’s going to be even more fun.

We pulled up to where the tour buses were and handed the keys to some random guy. You could tell which one was Avenged’s bus because it was the biggest one out of all of them. There were also a few vans for the opening acts. We walked up to the bus and went in. None of the other guys were in the front, so we walked to the back lounge and saw Brian and Jimmy watching a movie.

“CHARLIE!!” Jimmy screamed and jumped off the couch.

He gave me a big bear hug while picking me up and spinning me around.

“Hi Jimmy.” I laughed and patted his back.

He set me down, and Brian gave me a gentler hug.

“Now, we don’t have to see Zee over there moping every time he ends a Skype session with you.” Brian joked and slapped Zacky on the back.

“I don’t mope.” Zack argued back.

“Of course you do. After you talk to her, you go into your bunk and shut the curtain and drown in your own depression. By the way, hey Charlie.” Matt said as he enters the back lounge and gave me a hug.

“Babe, don’t listen to them. They’re lying. I don’t do that.” Zacky whined.

“I believe you.” I told him and kissed him.

The three guys behind me rolled their eyes and set off to the front of the bus.

“Where’s Johnny?” Zacky asked.

“He went backstage to see if all his equipment got back there alright. We have almost the same roadies every tour, and he still can’t trust them.” Brian said.

“Um, Brian, we’ve seen you freak out too.” Jimmy added.

“Not as bad as he does.”

“No, it’s worse.” Matt stated.

“I could, totally, see Brain doing that. He’s pulling out his hair and running around backstage wondering where the fuck his stuff is.” I laughed.

“Charlie, shut up.” Brian said, glaring at me.

“I love you too Brain.” I smiled.

He flipped me off and went to the back of the bus. I was sitting on the couch, cuddling up next to Zacky with his arm wrapped around me. I was so happy to be with him. It had been a while and since he was overseas, we couldn’t call each other, only Skype, but the different times zones fucked everything up for us, so I’m glad that I’m with him right now, and none of that stuff can get in our way.

“Are you excited for the show?” Zacky softly asked.

“I am totally excited. In all honesty, this is my first time seeing you guys.” I told him.

“Are you for real? I thought that you’re a big fan of us.” He asked shocked.

“I am; I just had no one to go with. Hallie wouldn’t go with me because she had something against you that I will never know, and Keegan worked all the time and couldn’t take me, and I sure as hell wasn’t going to go by myself.”

“Well, now, you get to see us and have the best time of your life. You even get to be backstage, the place that every fan dreams to be. This is going to be the best concert you have ever been too.” He told me. “And you get to see my beautiful face too.” He added seriously.

“You are a cocky bastard, Zacky.” I laughed.

“Not cocky, confident.” He argued.

“Okay, babe, whatever you say.”

“Zack, you got about ten minutes until the show; they want you backstage.” Avenged’s manager said.

Zacky and I walked hand in hand to the stage. All the guys were back there, getting ready for the show: Matt was doing vocal exercises, Brian was messing about with his guitar, and Jimmy and Johnny were having a conversation about God knows what. Zacky gave my hand a gentle squeeze before letting it go and heading over to where Brian was standing. They started talking about their guitars, and I just took in the view.

I never thought that I would be backstage at a concert, especially an Avenged Sevenfold concert, my favorite band. I’ve only been to concerts where I’ve never heard of the bands and just went to have a good time, and those shows are good, but going to a concert where the headlining band is well known around the country and the world is amazing, and being backstage of the band is even more fantastic.

“Guys, you’re up.” I heard someone yell.

Zacky put his guitar strap over his shoulder and ran over to me.

“I need a kiss for good luck.”

I gave him a passionate kiss to let him know that I was here for him, and that he was going to get through the show with my support for the first time since the tour started.

“That was definitely what I needed.” He panted.

“I was just showing you that I support you and to wish you a good luck.” I told him smiling.

“Hey, I wasn’t complaining.” I laughed, gave him one more kiss for good luck and pushed him towards the entrance of the stage.

You could hear the whole arena chanting “SEVENFOLD” as loud as they could, knowing that those five guys were going to put on a great show. When the sound of an organ filled the area, those chants were replaced by loud screaming as the guys ran on stage and got right into Critical Acclaim. Just watching these guys do their first song made me realize what I was missing all this years. I could have easily gone to one of their shows all alone and would have a great time, probably even a more fun time if I brought someone with me. I missed out on a lot of opportunities to see them, but I’m happy now that I get to see their shows how everyone dreams of, and I get to spend these moments with the man that made it all happen, and the one that I love.

Yeah, I said it. I love Zachary James Baker, and it feels amazing to say it… even though he doesn’t know yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
It has been waaaaaaaay too long since I've updated, and I'm soooo sorry about that. My semester of college is over so there will be more updates sooner than later.

I have to say though, that there will be two more chapters after this. I, honestly, don't know what else to write about, but I will finish this story.

I want to thank everyone who has stuck by me through this whole story and thank the new people who have found this story.

Your comments are much appreciated.

I hope you like it. :)