Status: Active. Will update as much as I can. Comment/Subscribe.

Home Run

6

Charlie’s POV

I have been bored all day long. It’s a Saturday afternoon, and I have nothing to do. Keegan went out to the grocery store to get stuff for the house because we are running low on everything. Never expect people in their twenties to go to the grocery store until it is absolutely necessary. My brother and I, both, hate going to the grocery store, and we usually switch off and on, and it was his turn this time. Thank God.

I’m still not talking to Hallie, and I have a feeling that I just lost my best friend. Part of me wishes that she would call and apologize; part of me is glad she doesn’t talk to me anymore. I wish she would call me because I miss my best friend, and she’s the only friend I have besides my brother. I have thought about it, but I don’t know if Zacky, Matt, Brian, Jimmy, and Johnny are considered my friends. I talk to Zacky all the time, and he’s the only one out of the Avenged gang that I talk to, so I guess we could be friends, but I’m not going to go that far.

I’m glad that Hallie hasn’t called me because I don’t want to hear her bitch about Zacky and Avenged Sevenfold. As I think about it, I think that she’s mad I got to meet the band, and she didn’t, and she feels that I like them better than her. Well, right now, if she thought that, she’s right. Even though I don’t know them well, they are still better friends than Hallie right now.

Since I’m bored on this wonderful Saturday afternoon, I decided to clean the house. I don’t know when the last time one of cleaned it, but dust is collecting on top of the entertainment center, and it’s starting to gross me out. I started with our living room and dusted the entertainment center, television, and the tops of the end tables. I got some Pledge and started wiping down all the wood that was in the room. After doing that, I moved into the kitchen. I wiped down the counter top and table top with a wet and soapy rag. I washed all dishes that we left in the kitchen sick from this morning. I put them away and then moved to my bedroom.

I opened the door, and the first thing I saw were all my clothes on the floor. I didn’t know which pieces were clean and which pieces were dirty, so I just started smelling everything. I would say about half was dirty, and the other half was clean. I took all of my dirty clothes to the laundry room. I went back into the living room and got the vacuum out. I vacuumed the living room, the hallway, and my room.

I would never go into Keegan’s room if my life depended on it. I went in there one time, and I thought I was going to die by the smell. There was also food that looked like it was stashed in there for about a year. I always warned my brother’s friends before they enter his room. None of them complain about it, so my guess is that their bedrooms are the same as his.

When I turned off the vacuum, Keegan was walking in the house with some of the groceries.

“Can you help me get the rest?” He asked after putting the bags of food in the kitchen.

“Yeah, sure.”

I slipped on my shoes and walked out to the car with him. I picked up the bags that Keegan didn’t grab while he closed the truck. We walked back into the house, and the both of us put the groceries away.

“The house seems a lot cleaner since I left.” My brother said.

“Well, I was bored and had nothing better to do.” I told him.

“The next time the house needs to be cleaned, I’ll do it.”

I just stared at him because I know that that’s never going to happen. My brother never cleans anything.

I grabbed some chips and drip before heading to my room to watch some TV. Since there isn’t a lot of stuff on TV on Saturdays, I stuck with Food Network. Some of these chefs cooked things that I wouldn’t mind trying, but I know that I could never cook any of that because I’m probably the worst cook ever.

My phone vibrated next to me. I was thinking it was Keegan because he was too lazy to come up the stairs and talk to me, but I saw Zacky on the front screen.

Hey.

Hey, what’s up?

Nothing much, just chilling at home. You?

Same, watching Food Network.

You like to cook?

Well, I’ve wanted to try and cook some of those meals, but I’m not the best cook.

You can’t be that bad.

I almost burnt the house down trying to cook bacon.

Okay, that’s bad.

See what I’m saying.

I think I’m a pretty good cook.

I’ll believe it when I see, or eat it.

Haha. What are you doing the rest of the day?

Nothing, probably just chilling in my room. Why?

Matt’s having a barbeque, and I wanted to know if you wanted to come.

He was inviting me to something that only the guys and girls do together. You’d be surprised too if Zacky Vengeance invited you to a cook out.

I wouldn’t be intruding, would I?

Nope, I already asked if you could come, and they all said yeah.

Is it okay if my brother comes?

Yeah.

Okay, let me go ask.

I close my phone and run down the stairs. Keegan was sitting on the couch watching wrestling.

“Are you doing anything later tonight?” I asked him.

“Not that I know of, why?” He asked back.

“Zacky invited my to a barbeque that they’re having, and I wanted to know if you wanted to go.”

“What about Hallie?”

“I haven’t talked to here since I told her Zacky showed up at FYE, and I would rather have you go than her any day.”

“Well, with that answer, I’ll be happy to go with you.”

I smiled at him and kissed his cheek before running up the stairs to my room to text Zacky back.

We’ll be there.

Sweet, be here around 6.

Do we need to bring anything?

No, I think we have everything covered.

Okay, I’ll see you later tonight.

Can’t wait.

He can’t wait to see me. This day just keeps getting better and better.

I looked at my clock that sits on my desk and saw it was only 3:30. What could I do until I had to get ready to go? I walked back downstairs and saw Keegan looking through the pantry.

“Do you want to play Rock Band until we have to go?” I asked him.

“Yeah, sure.” He said.

We both walked down to the basement and started setting up the game. Keegan put the drums in front to of the couch where he was going to sit, and I put the guitar strap around my neck. I turned on the Wii and waiting for the game to load. We decided that we weren’t going to do the tour section and just play random songs.

Keegan let me pick first. Surprise, surprise, I picked Almost Easy by Avenged Sevenfold.

“I wonder why you picked this song.” Keegan said, sarcastically.

I turned around and stuck my tongue out at him before starting to play the song. We played about an hour and a half before we started getting ready. I changed out of my lounge wear and put on a pair of short jean short and a zebra print tank top. I had my zebra print bikini on underneath my clothes.

I got a beach bag out of my closet and set it on my bed. I put a pair of jeans, a hoodie, and a towel in the bag. I slipped on a pair of black flip flops and went downstairs. Keegan was already downstairs with his stuff, all ready to go.

“Is there enough room in your bag for my stuff?” He asked.

We fit all our things in my bag and headed for the car.

“So, what’s Matt’s address?” My brother asked.

I didn’t even realize until now that I didn’t know where he lived.

“Hold on, let me text Zacky.”

Hey, what’s Matt’s address?

A couple seconds later, I got a reply.

I knew I was forgetting something.

He told me the address, and Keegan put it into the GPS. The GPS told us that his house is about twenty minutes away from our house, so it’s not that far. I didn’t realize that we lived this close to M. Shadows. If I knew this in the past, I probably would have tried finding his house.

“You’re pretty quiet over there.” My brother said, stopping at a red light.

“I’m just nervous, I guess.” I told him, softly.

“What’s there to be nervous about? You already met the guys.”

“It’s the girls I’m worried about.”

“I can guarantee that all the girls will like you, well maybe not Zacky’s, but I don’t think you have to worry about her.”

“If she says something to me or does something to me, I wouldn’t be afraid of doing something right back to her.”

“Just don’t go too overboard if you do something.”

“I’ll try not to.”

Matt’s house came into view, and I got to say, this house was gorgeous. It was a house that everyone wished they had, even me. There were six cars sitting in the driveway. I know four of them belonged to the guys and their significant other, and I’m going to take a guess and say the fifth car is Stacie’s, but the sixth car is stumping me.

We pulled along the curb in front of Matt’s house. We got out, and I had the bag on my shoulder. We walked to the front door, and Keegan knocked. I heard footsteps coming to the door. I held my breath as the door started to open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter six.

Comment please.

I hope you like it.

Thanks.