Change

A New School

Chapter 1

A sharp noise startled me into full awareness. 7:00 AM – time to get ready for school. “God damn it!” I scream in despair. The first day of school was finally here. You see, I transferred to Las Vegas all the way from Chicago. I knew nobody here.

I slowly moved my body out of bed and hurriedly put on the outfit I had picked out the night before – black skinny jeans, a white button-up shirt, and a dark red vest. I left my room and went across the hall to the bathroom. My hair was a fucking mess. I brushed out the curls while waiting impatiently for my flat iron to heat up. Each curl slowly disappeared with the touch of my magic straightener. Next I dabbled on a thin line of eyeliner on each eye – something most people stare at me for.

I finished by 7:40, which made me automatically late on my first day. That’s just fantastic. I sprinted down the stairs, through the front door, and into my car. My stomach became an uneasy ball of nerves as I started the ignition. “Well... here goes nothing.” I said to myself as I drove to my new school.

When I got there, everyone was already in class. “Boy, did I fuck this one up,” I thought. I sat there for a few minutes contemplating to skip or actually go. I decided that skipping the first day probably wasn’t the greatest idea, so I reluctantly trudged my way into the building. It took me 10 minutes to find my homeroom. When I entered, the teacher smirked at me and told me to sit in the only empty desk there was left. When I saw who was sitting there, I didn’t object. Nasty thoughts entered my mind as I saw him. His face was a gorgeous mess of beauty. His lips were full and totally kissable. I just wanted him as my own.

As I sat down, he turned to look at me. He chuckled to himself a bit, which I didn’t understand why. “Hello, my name is Brendon Urie. You must be new, correct?”

Hesitant to reply, I said, “Yeah.. My name’s Ryan. Ryan Ross.” He held out his hand to shake, and I took it delightfully – probably too delightfully. In those 5 minutes, I was completely overwhelmed by his charm. I couldn’t wait to see if we had lunch together. I’d have to wait until noon to find out, though. The bell rang, breaking up my not-so-innocent thoughts, and we walked to class together. As it turns out, our first period was the same class. We took our seats, and he offered I sit next to him. I happily took his offer, not wanting to turn away from his wonderful face.

Much to my surprise, though I shouldn’t have been, a girl walked over and sat behind him. She tapped him on the shoulder and whispered in his ear, “Hey, Brennie.” I only felt anger.

“Hey, Sarah.” He replied in a somewhat bored tone. This pleased me. “Hey, this is Ryan. He’s new this year.”

Her pale blue eyes looked at me with disinterest, wanting to talk to Brendon. But, to please him, she introduced herself to me. “Hi Ryan, I’m Sarah. Nice to meet you,” sounding just as disinterested as she looked. I rolled my eyes and looked up at the front of the room where the teacher began to speak nonsense about calculus and things I didn’t understand at all.

The bell rang again, and I hadn’t talked to Brendon at all really. We walked out of the class together… with Sarah and went our separate ways to our next classes. The day dragged on. Each endless second, minute, and hour took forever to pass until it was finally time for lunch.

Once the bell for my lunch hour rang, I hurried to my locker as fast as I could without the slightest awareness of my surroundings. I had to enter the combination a few times. My excited fingers fucked it up a few times. The pale yellow locker finally gave way to the lock and creaked open. I threw my books inside, not caring if they were damaged or not, and slammed the locker shut. I looked in my wallet to make sure I had enough money, and of course I did.

As I was headed towards the cafeteria, I saw a familiar face greet me. “Hey Ryan! How has your day been?” he asked. I felt my cheeks flush in just the slightest amount.

“Pretty boring.” I sighed, and he laughed.

“Same here.” He said.

We walked down to the cafeteria in silence. My heart skipped a beat when I realized we had the same lunch. This year might not be so bad after all. Once we reached the cafeteria, Brendon introduced me to his friends Spencer and Jon, and of course Sarah was there, too. Great.

“Who’s this?” Jon asked.

“This is Ryan.” Brendon says.

“Hey Ryan, I’m Spencer. We have English together, right?” He said as he continued eating his cafeteria-quality pizza.

“Hmm… I believe we do.”

Jon also introduced himself with a wave and said, “I’m Jon. Welcome to Las Vegas.”

I laughed, and Sarah had a look of disgust on her face, as if she could sense my sexuality by the eyeliner and amount of effort I put in my hair. She probably already figured out that I have interest in Brendon. He and I sat down, and Sarah hugged him in a very sexual way. They shared a short, but disgusting kiss. Jealousy filled me up when I realized why she was so disgusted by me. Little did she know, I always won these battles.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of just a rough draft. It's also just... not the best writing in the world. But I liked the idea I had for this story, so I'm just gonna flow with it. I hope you like it. I'll hopefully update with chapter 2 sometime later today or tomorrow.