Change

Something Different

-Brendon’s POV-

There was something different about Ryan when he walked through the door. He seemed somewhat hopeful, and before you could tell by the look in his eyes that he was empty. Something changed, but what? The second I saw him, though, I felt odd, almost nervous.

“Hey, I’m back.”

I smiled, not knowing what to say. Why did I feel so strange all of a sudden? “Hey,” was all I could manage.

“Um… I’m just gonna put my stuff in the guest room… I’ll be right back.”

He hurried away, and the second he was gone I felt that feeling go away. I stared blankly at the television, not really paying attention to what they were saying on the news. It was irrelevant and unimportant to me. An hour passed, and Ryan never came back to the living room.

I was unsure of whether I should “check up” on him or just let him be. For some reason, the need to see what was going on got the best of me, and I slowly made my way to his room. The door was locked.

“Ryan?” I was a bit nervous now as I knocked on the door. “Ryan, are you in there?”

I heard him shuffling around in there, as if he had something to hide. Eventually the door was open, n annoyed Ryan stood in front of me wondering what I wanted.

“Well, you just kind of disappeared into your room, and I wanted to make sure you were okay.”

He looked confused as if no one has ever wondered about his whereabouts before, or something.

“I’m fine, I was just… uh… nothing.”

He shut the door in my face, and the light shining under the door flicked off. That was that. I decided not to push the issue and just went to bed. I didn’t feel tired, but my mind was exhausted, and I wasn’t even sure why.

-Ryan’s POV-

I know I said I was just coming back to the room to put my stuff away, but I didn’t want to go back out there. Not now. He seemed more than annoyed with me, and right now I just wanted to be alone. Usually I’d be grateful to have someone with me, someone to comfort me, but right now I just wanted silence. Of course, I was getting a lot of that from Brendon; it was much less awkward when I was alone.

I took out my notebook from my duffle bag I brought here the previous night and began to jot down every and any word I could think of. I just wrote and wrote and wrote, not stopping for a while, but then I wondered what would happen if anyone actually found this notebook. Every emotion I ever felt went down here in the form of song, poetry, you name it, I wrote it. I shuttered at the thought of Brendon seeing this and decided to lock the door, just in case.

After some time, I heard a knock at the door and a familiar voice calling my name. I nearly fell off the bed in shock, trying to find a place to hide my notebook. I stuffed it in my duffle bag and ran up to the door to see Brendon. He seemed almost worried. This confused me, but I quickly got him to leave. I was going to write more, but I felt my eyes burning, probably because I was so god damn tired. I turned off the light and inched my way into the bed, feeling comfortable and somewhat pleased.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this is pretty much just filler. I had an idea, but I scrapped it leaving this behind. It's not much, but some of this is somewhat necessary for what I have planned for the story so far. I hope you're not too dissatisfied with this, but I'm actually planning on updating again later tonight. :)

Oh, and thanks for the lovely comments. I've never gotten this far in any story I've attempted, and seeing people actually read it is giving me the initiative to push through. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it so far. :D