‹ Prequel: Leave the Pieces

The Last Stand

Honeymoon.

Letting out a content sigh, I floated in the warm ocean in Hawaii. I felt a wave lift me up, and then let me fall, a little bit of the water getting in my face. I opened my eyes, looking up at the clear blue sky. As much as I was enjoying Hawaii, I missed Emalie. Rosalie was watching her while Paul and I were on our Honeymoon. I closed my eyes again and then felt hot hands on my shoulders. Before I could even let out a startled yelp, I was shoved underneath the water. I kicked at the person behind me, and pushed to the surface. Paul was standing there, laughing and clutching at his stomach. “I forgot that you kick like a man,” he stated. I pushed his shoulder and then jumped on him, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. “Hi,” he smiled brightly. I smiled back, pressing my lips against his.

“Hi.”

“I’m not sure I want to go back,” he laughed, looking around. I smiled.

“What about Emalie?”

“We’re gonna go back to get her and then we’re moving here.” That made me laugh loudly.

“I don’t think our family would go for that, babe.” He sighed.

“Well, damn. I guess we’ll just have to come back when she’s older,” he suggested. I nodded.

“Yeah, that sounds good.” We waded in the ocean for a few more minutes before I felt my stomach growl. “Wanna go get some food?”

“What kind of question is that?” He asked with a smirk. “I can always eat; you know this.”

“Come on.” I smiled as I pushed off of him and swam towards land. As I started walking on the sand and wringing out my wet hair, Paul wrapped his hot arms around me and lifted me up. I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck as he carried me to the showers to get all the sand off of us before heading into the hotel. We took another shower; separately so we could make it to dinner at a reasonable time. While he took his shower, I blow dried my hair, braiding parts of it and putting it up in an intricate bun and put on some make-up. We both got dressed together, and as I bent over to slip on my shoes, I felt a hot hand slap my ass. I looked back at him with a smirk. “Save it for tonight, sweetheart.” He grinned back at me and held open our suite door for me.

We walked down to the hotel restaurant, which had a black-tie dress requirement. It was a very fancy hotel. “Table for two, please,” Paul said, smiling at the hostess. The young woman seemed entranced by my husband’s body and then her eyes zeroed in on the ring on his finger. Her eyes quickly darted to my hand and saw the rings on mine as well.

“Right this way, Mister and Missus…” she trailed off, looking at me expectantly.

“Parker,” I supplied with a soft smile.

“How old are you two?” She questioned as she led us to a back table for two.

“I’m twenty-two, he’s twenty-five,” I lied smoothly. We had Jasper’s old acquaintance J. Jenkins whip up two fake credentials for us as a wedding gift. The woman smiled.

“Newly weds?”

“How could you tell?” Paul laughed as he pulled out my chair for me and then sat down in his own.

“Woman’s intuition. Now, your waitress, Hanna, will be with you both shortly,” she stated with a smile and then walked back to her podium. Paul and I sat in a comfortable silence, our hands clasped together on the table. A woman appeared, looking to be in her mid-twenties, with dark brown hair, caramel colored eyes, and pale skin.

“Hi, my name is Hanna, and I will be your waitress for the evening,”she said in husky tone. I couldn't tell if that was her natural voice, or if she was attempting to flirt with Paul. “Can I start you off with something to drink?”

“I'll have a glass of Moscato, please,”I ordered.

“Make that two,” Paul added. Hanna jotted something down on her notepad and smiled at us.

“Two Moscatos coming up.” She walked away and Paul and I went back to holding hands in silence. I broke it.

“I miss Emalie.” Paul sighed, clutching my hand tighter.

“I do, too. Do you wanna cut the honeymoon short by a couple days and go home?” He questioned.

“Are you sure?” He smiled brightly, bringing my hand to his lips.

“Of course, Sweetheart.”

“You're the best husband in the world.”

“I know.” A minute later, Hanna came back with two glasses of white wine and placed them in front of us.

“Here you go. Do you both know what you want to order for dinner? She asked, taking out her notepad again.

“I'll have a medium steak with a baked potato on the side, please,” I ordered.

“What would you like on the potato?” Hanna asked, writing the order down.

“Butter, sour cream, and cheese.”

“For you, Sir?”

“Same, but make mine two steaks, please.” Her eyes widened for a moment and then she nodded.

“Alright, your orders will be out shortly.” Paul and I both thanked her, and smiled at each other.

“Only two?” I asked with a laugh. He nodded with a smirk.

“I'll order room service later.”

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

I let out a yawn, covering my mouth with my hand as I brushed out my hair before putting it in a braid. Fixing my shorts before climbing into bed. I wrapped my arm around Paul, and started tracing his abs with my fingertip. “I can’t believe that we leave tomorrow,” I stated lowly. He snorted.

“You’re the one that said you missed Emalie and wanted to head home early,” he reminded me. I frowned up at him with an unamused expression.

“Shut up.” He laughed, and pulled my closer to his side.

“I miss her, too, sweetheart,” he muttered into my hair.

“We should probably get some sleep,” I said, grabbing my phone and setting an alarm. “Since someone decided to get a seven o’clock flight.”

“Hey,” he protested. “It was the only available flight to Port Angeles tomorrow.”

“I’m just teasing you.”

“No you aren’t.”

“Yeah, I’m not.”

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

“Are you sure you have everything?”

“Yes, honey.”

“Positive?”

“Yes, honey.”

“One hundred percent?”

“Dyls, baby, I got everything,” Paul said in an exasperated tone. I sighed.

“I’m sorry, I just want to make sure that we don’t leave anything in Hawaii.” I bent down, slipping on my Docs and stood up off the bed. Paul walked in front of me and wrapped a hot arm around my waist.

“Have I told you I loved you today?” He questioned. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Yes, but you know I can hear it all day,” I replied.

“I love you,” he muttered, pressing his lips to mine softly.

“I love you, too, Paul,” I said once we pulled apart. We grinned at each other before pulling away and grabbing our bags and walking out of the hotel room. We checked out a couple minutes later, and headed towards the airport.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Message? Subscribe? Thanks.

Peace, love, skittlez!