‹ Prequel: Leave the Pieces

The Last Stand

Dress Shopping and Baby Talk.

I sighed. “Alice, what was wrong with the last dresses we tried on?” I asked. She looked over at me with a glare.

“Dylan, I want these nights to be perfect for you two. So, shut up and do as I say.” I held up my hands in a defensive way, and waited for Hayley to grab a few more dresses.

“Alright, I picked out a few more,” she said, walking back towards us with her arms full.

“I don’t know why you won’t let me make your dresses,” Alice complained.

“Don’t start,” I warned playfully, before going into a changing stall to try on dresses.

“All of these fit me weird,” Hayley whined from the stall next to me.

“Yeah, these fit me weird, too,” I sighed.

“I’ll be right back,” Alice said loud enough for both of us to hear and ran off. I sighed and stood there in my strapless bra and matching underwear.

“Is this as awkward for you as it is for me?” Hayley asked. I nodded and then remembered she couldn’t see me.

“Yep,” I agreed. A dress was thrown over the top of the door making me yelp in surprise. “What the hell, Alice?”

“Sorry, try that on,” she ordered with no remorse in her voice. I grumbled quietly to myself, slipping the ivory dress on. I turned to look in the mirror and gasped.

“Holy fuck,” I breathed. The dress looked amazing. It hugged my torso and showed off my curves, and flowed out from the hips down. It had a nature-y design on it, which fit me perfectly. I walked out of the stall a few seconds before Hayley and we both stared at each other.

“You two look…wow,” Alice said.

“Thanks,” we both said in unison. “I think these are the dresses,” I added. Hayley nodded in agreement.

“Fuck yeah.”

Next on the list were our Maid of Honor dresses and bridesmaid dresses. I picked a black and purple one for Hayley and she picked a black one for me.

For my bridesmaid dresses, I picked a flowy purple one that would match the purple in Hayley’s Maid of Honor dress with silver heels.

Hayley’s bridesmaid dresses were black with black heels with diamonds imbedded in them.

We got the right sizes for everyone and paid for everything up front. “Can you believe how fast Emalie, Olivia, and Nessie are growing?” Alice asked as we were walking out of the store.

“I know,” Hayley said. “Does Carlisle have any theories?” Alice nodded.

“He thinks it’s because Emalie is one-third human, one-third vampire, and one-third werewolf; Olivia is half werewolf and half human; Nessie is half vampire and half human. These are the first cases of things like this happening that we know of. There’s never been a vampire and werewolf breeding, and since Hayley and Leah are the first shape shifters we’ve never stumbled across something like Olivia,” she said in all one breath.

“Nice theory,” I commented, getting into the passenger seat of Carlisle’s Mercedes. Hayley hopped into the back seat and Alice took off at her normal high speeds.

We talked about our list of bridesmaids in the car. Mine were Alice, Bella, Emerald, and Jessa with Hayley as the maid of honor. Hayley’s were Leah, Jordan, Ella, and Rosalie with me as the maid of honor. We tried to incorporate vampires, humans, and werewolves into both of our groups so no one would feel left out and everyone else agreed.

We pulled up to the house and saw everyone outside. I felt a smile crawl across my face when I saw Paul and Emmett laughing about something and Paul playfully punched Emmett on the arm making him laugh harder. Rosalie, Esme, and Bella walked out of the front door, Rose carrying Emalie, Esme carrying Olivia, and Bella carrying Nessie.

Hayley and I hopped out of the car, quickly going to our daughters. I scooped Emalie out of Rose’s arms and hugged her to me. “Hi baby girl,” I cooed making her let out a gurgled laugh, staring at me with hazel eyes, which were carbon copies of mine. Emalie grabbed my index finger with her tiny hand, giving it a loving squeeze.

“If she gets any stronger, she’s gonna be able to break my finger,” I joked.

“Same goes for Olivia,” Hayley said, slipping her finger out of her daughter’s grasp. “Hey, Alice, where are we having the wedding and recep-” She cut herself off by the look Alice was giving her.

“Don’t worry about the details, understand?” She asked, looking at the both of us with the most menacing look her angelic face could muster.

Hayley and I just nodded. I’d never seen my sister’s face look so…mean.

“Good,” she said, and then took a deep, unneeded breath, and smiled at us. “I’ll go call some places so we can get everything together,” she chirped and skipped off.

Hayley and I looked at each other. “That was fucking scary,” she whispered. I nodded.

“Hell yeah it was,” I whispered back. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, so I shifted Emalie on my hip so I could grab my phone. I slid my finger along the screen to unlock it and saw it was from Paul.

Embry, Jake, Emerald, and I are on our way.

I quickly replied. Okay, love you.

Love you too.

I slipped the phone back in my pocket and looked down at my daughter. “Are you hungry, honey,” I cooed softly, making her gurgle another laugh. “I’ll take that as a yes.” I walked in and saw Bella feeding Nessie. “Hey, B,” I greeted, kissing her cheek.

Her gaze shifted to me, and her still red eyes almost gave me shivers. “Hey, D,” she said warmly, smiling.

I still had such a hard time believing how beautiful she was as a vampire. She was absolutely stunning. I moved past her, and grabbed a bottle, and warmed it up in the microwave.

When it was done, I tested the milk on my hand to see if it was too hot, and when I decided that it would it be fine, I gave it to Emalie. She drank it greedily, and I smiled. She was just like Paul when it came to food.

“I heard that,” a deep voice said from behind me. I jumped slightly.

“Did I say that out loud?” I asked. Paul nodded, smiling. He wrapped his arms around me, and pressed his lips to mine quickly, before bending down to press his lips to Emalie’s cheek.

“Hi, sweetheart,” he said softly to her, which made her hold out her arms for him. His smile widened, and I handed her to him, and she wrapped her little arms tightly around his neck.

A couple seconds later, Hayley walked in with Embry holding Olivia right behind her, and behind them was Emerald and Jake. I grinned, and quickly made my way to her, and falling to my knees to rub her still flat stomach. She laughed at me when I started cooing at it. “Hi, there baby. I’m your favorite Auntie Dylan.” I looked up at Emerald’s face. “What do you think, boy or girl?”

“I’m thinking girl,” Hayley piped in. “Everyone’s been having girls.”

“I think it’s going to be a boy,” Emerald said, placing her hand lightly on her stomach.

“Hey, Alice do you think you could-” Hayley started to ask when Alice walked in the room, but quickly cut herself off. “Oh, I forgot that with Jacob’s wolfiness you can’t see the baby.” Alice just looked at her with a blank look.

“Oh!” She said suddenly, making most of us jump.

“What?” I asked, looking worriedly at her. She grinned at me.

“I know what everyone is getting you for your birthday tomorrow!” She yelled excitedly. I blinked. Oh yeah. My birthday is tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, and I'm even more sorry about the wait. I've kind of been blocking on this story, but I'm hopefully getting the spark back. Comment? Message? Subscribe? Thanks! Peace, love, skittles!