‹ Prequel: Leave the Pieces

The Last Stand

Next Week?

Emalie was in her God Mother’s arms while I was holding Renesmee. Bella’s three days were almost up, and Nessie had grown, just like Emalie and Olivia. Carlisle said it had something to do with Emalie and Olivia being part vampire and Olivia being more than part werewolf.

I looked up when I didn’t hear the heartbeat coming from upstairs beating any longer. “She’s changed,” I whispered, handing Renesmee to Rosalie while she handed me Emalie.

“Dylan, Rose, take Nessie and Emalie into the kitchen. I don’t want Bella to smell them,” Carlisle said. I pulled Emalie tighter to my chest, my motherly instincts kicking in.

“Come on, Rose,” I said quietly and we made our way into the kitchen. I got out a bottle for Emalie and Rosalie got out a bottle of blood for Nessie. “Do you think she can handle it?” I asked. Rosalie shrugged.

“I don’t know,” she said softly. Emmett walked in a couple seconds later, placing a kiss on the top of my head and then wrapping his arms around Rosalie.

“Edward’s freaking out,” he said lowly.

“Why? She’s gonna be fine,” Rosalie said with a confused look.

“I think it’s more of what her reaction is going to be to Nessie,” I clarified. Rose nodded. I heard talking coming from upstairs, but my senses were a little dulled with exhaustion, so I couldn’t hear exactly what they were saying. I saw Edward land outside, and Bella followed. “Oh my God,” I whispered. “She looks beautiful.” They both took off and everyone else entered the kitchen.

“Are they going to hunt?” Emmett asked, taking Emalie from my arms and smiling down at his Goddaughter. My phone started ringing, and I looked at it to see Hayley’s picture flashing on the screen. I hit the green button and put the phone to my ear.

“Talk,” I said.

Well hello to you too,” she said.

“What’s up?” I asked.

Paul’s worrying his ass off about you and Emalie being in the same house with a newborn vamp,” she said and I could practically hear the eye roll. I sighed.

“Tell him we’ll be there soon,” I said with my own eye roll.

Alright, chickadee, see you two soon,” she chirped and then hung up. I rubbed my tired eyes and looked at my family.

“Apparently Paul is having a conniption with Emalie and I being the same house with a newborn,” I said. Jasper, Alice, Rosalie and Emmett rolled their eyes, but Carlisle and Esme looked understanding.

“Are you going there now?” Carlisle asked. I nodded, taking Emalie from Emmett’s arms. He pouted. I chuckled slightly.

“I’ll be back tomorrow. Tell me how everything goes with Bella and Nessie.” I kissed Carlisle and Esme’s cheeks and gave everyone else a one armed hug.

I grabbed my car keys and walked out of the door and to my car. I placed Emalie in her car seat in the back and then moved around to the front. I slid into the driver’s seat and started the car before driving to La Push.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

I pulled into Paul’s drive way and hopped out of the car. I moved to the back and got Emalie out and then softly shut the door since she fell asleep. I opened the front door softly and made my way quietly into the house. Paul came out of his bedroom and his face lit up at the sight of his daughter.

He made his way over, leaned down to press his lips to mine and then gently took Emalie from my arms. We made our way into his bedroom, and he got in lying down. I followed suit and laid down on the other side and Emalie was placed in between us.

“Dylan?”

“Yeah?”

“Will you marry me next week?” I looked at him in surprise.

“Next week? That doesn’t give us much time to plan anything,” I said.

“Call Alice. I’m sure she’ll be happy to plan the entire thing. We can have it in the meadow,” he said, his lighting up at the idea, which brought a smile to my face. I loved it when he got that look. He reminded me of a kid opening his first present. “So, your birthday is in two days,” he said off-handedly. I blinked.

“Holy shit it is,” I said, letting out a light laugh.

“You forgot?” He asked. I shrugged.

“It happens.” He leaned over and pressed his lips to mine again. I moaned lightly and ran my hand down his side. I heard Emalie make a little sound, and immediately pulled back, looking down at my daughter. She slowly opened her eyes to reveal her hazel eyes, which were carbon copies of mine. “Hi honey,” I cooed, rubbing her stomach lightly. She gurgled something, and laughed happily. Paul reached down and stroked her cheek lightly with the back of his finger.

“You know, I never thought I could love someone as much as I love her,” he mused. I chuckled lightly.

“I feel the same way,” I said.

“When do you want to make another one?” He playfully asked. I shot him a look and punched him in the shoulder.

“Shut up,” I laughed. I heard someone walk down the hall and stop outside the door.

“Can I come in and see my favorite niece?” I heard Hayley ask.

“Yeah, come on in, Hayls,” I said, sitting up and pulling Emalie into my arms. Hayley walked in, her blue eyes shining. “What’s going on?” I asked.

“Paul, out,” Hayley ordered. He opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off.

“Baby, go change her diaper,” I said, handing him Emalie. He grumbled something under his breath, and walked out the door, shutting it behind him softly. Hayley jumped on the bed, and held out her left hand. I gasped loudly. “Oh my God!” I screamed and threw my arms around her, hugging her tightly.

“I know!” She screamed back. We squealed for a couple more minutes before we calmed down. She took a deep breath. “Will you be my maid of honor?” She asked.

“Of course! Will you be mine?” I asked. She nodded with a large grin on her face.

“What kind of best friend would I be if I said no?” She asked, and we screamed while hugging again.

“We’re such girls,” I laughed.

“What do you want for your birthday, little miss ‘I’m gonna be seventeen in two days?’” she asked. I blanched. I was turning seventeen. I was going to get married. Right after I turned seventeen. Oh my God. I took a deep breath, and shook my head. I looked back at Hayley and noticed her looking at me worriedly. “You okay?” She asked. I nodded.

“Yeah, I’m good, Hayls,” I said, and smiled at her. “When does he want to get married?” I asked.

“Fucking next month. He wants me to call Alice,” she said, making me laugh.

“Paul said the same thing, but he wants it to be next fucking week,” I said. Her eyes widened.

“Well, come on! We have to help Alice plan two weddings!” She grasped my arm, and we ran into the living room where Paul and Embry were talking while feeding their daughters. “We’re going over to the Cullen’s. Take care of the girls,” she said before pulling me out the door, not letting the guys get a word in.

We hopped into her car, and sped down the road to Forks.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

“Okay, we’re going dress shopping tomorrow,” Alice declared, looking at Hayley and I. “We’re gonna pick out wedding dresses, maid of honor dresses, and bride’s maids dresses.” Hayley and I nodded.

“Alright,” we said in unison.

“Next, is the list of bride’s maids for the both of you…” Hayley and I looked at each other. This was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry, but I had a bad case of writer's block for this story. I hope everyone likes it. Comment? Message? Subscribe? Thanks. Peace, love, skittles!