‹ Prequel: Behind the Shadows

In to the Shadows

Invasion Of Privacy

“Mommy me had bad dream." Cole whimpered climbing in my bed. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and pulled him under the covers with me. “What was it about babe?" I asked in a whisper. Looking at the clock on the bedside table I saw it was six in the morning.

“A monster got you and Aunti Riwee." He replied snuggling into my side. I ran my fingers through what hair he had and kissed his forehead. “It'll be ok, nothings going to get us. Now close your eyes and go to sleep." 

When I didn't get a repsonse I knew he was out like a light. Knowing if I didn't get back to sleep Jimmy would wake me before I could another hour in so I closed my eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep.

An hour and a half later I was woken up by the giant man. He jumped on my bed and was singing his Oh Shit What's In The Bucket song at the top of his lungs. Getting woke up at seven thirty isn't what I wanted to do at all. 

I swiftly kicked his legs out from under him sending him tumbling to the floor. “Ow." He groaned. I chuckled and got out of bed. “That's what you get." I stated walking to my closet. After I took a quick shower I got dressed and ran my fingers through my damp hair. 

“Mommy I wear this?" Cole asked when I walked in the kitchen. I nodded and sat down beside him stealing a piece of toast off his plate. He narrowed his eyes at me and stuck his tongue out at me. 

“Hayls those guys are here." Jimmy rolled his eyes. I walked to the door with the piece of toast hanging out of my mouth and opened the door. “Fhey fup?" I was trying to say, “hey sup," but it didn't work out very well.

The four of them said their hello's and walked in the door, following me to the kitchen. “Do you guys want something for breakfast?" I asked finishing the toast. “Yes please babygirl." Dad replied sitting by Cole at the table. Uncle Bobby, Dean, and Sam said, “yeah," and also sat down at the table. 

For breakfast I made chocolate chip pancakes, with eggs, and bacon. The kids got OJ while the adults got coffee. The smell must have magically traveled to the other guys' houses because they came in the house with their respected other basically drooling at the sight of it.

“Aunti Haydee me have more please?" Chloe asked holding up her sippy cup. After I filled it up and handed it back to her Cole spoke for the first time since he started eating.

“Mommy can me get new shoes?" He asked looking at me with puppy dog eyes. 

Me really hope mommy says yes. He thought. 

He just got new shoes from Brian but he's been really good this week and he's using that innocent, puppy dog face. Damnit! I caved. Why do I always cave? “Yeah. We can go after lunch." I responded putting my plate in the sink.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°º¤ø„¸„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

“Cole get your flip flops on and wait by the door." I hollered from the kitchen. His running feet could be heard on the hardwood floors and going up and down the stairs. A second later he was standing by the front door with his mohawk already spiked to peefection by none other then me. Riley appeared beside me with Chloe in her arms. 

“Are we all ready to go?" I asked running a hand through my hair. They nodded and went out to the car, when I went to walk out the door Dean's voice stopped me. “Can we come?" 

I looked back to see him and Sam standing there with hopeful looks. “Yeah just follow us there." I nodded. They thanked me and walked outside getting in the Impala. I got in the passenger seat of the Escalade and slipped my avaitors on as Riley took off. Kiley wasn't with us since she had to finish her senior exams. 

It seems like we made it to the mall faster then usual. Maybe it was because I was zoning out or that deep down I was excited to be spending time with Dean again. Either option seemed nice to me but I think it was more the second one then it was the first. 

“Cole baby, what kind of shoes do you want?" I asked stopping by the boys section in Finish Line. Riley and Chloe were over by the girls section looking at shoes for her. Feeling a presense by me I looked to my left and saw Dean standing there looking at Cole. Sam was over by Riley and Chloe. 

“Mommy me want Mikes." He stated excitedly pointing to a pair at the very top. He meant to say Nikes. I nodded trying to reach them but couldn't. Dean reached up and got them with ease, handing them to me. Our fingers brushed sending an electric shock through my arm. 

“Thanks." I mumbled. He nodded and stood with Cole while I went to ask a guy for Cole's size in the shoe. A moment later Cole was slipping them on and grinning great big. “Mommy me likes them." He said looking at me. 

After Cole put them back in the box the guy took them to the counter so I could pay. As I went to get the money Dean handed the guy the amount of money they cost. “You didn't have to do that. I have a job and can pay for his stuff." I huffed. 

“Well I just found out he's my kid so I figured I should start buying him stuff. You know like a normal dad would." He replied. I snorted and grabbed hold of Cole's hand. “Your not a normal dad. You know that."

“Mommy who a dad?" Fuck me sideways and call me a whore. I just said that word infront of him and didn't even notice. I bit my snakebites and ran my free hand through my hair. Dean's thought popped up in my mind loud and clear.

Should I tell him I'm his dad? 

I sucked in a breath and licked my lips, nodding after a while. “Wait until we get home." He agreed and we walked over to the others who were waiting by the entrance of the store. Oh what a wonderful day this is going to be...note the sarcasm.  

  
¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°º¤ø„¸„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

On our way home Riley and I got called into the salon. Some girls had to go home because they were sick so we had to do their last appointments. It's extra money so it doesn't bother me. 

“Hayls! Riles! Feels like I haven't seen you in forever." Katalina exclaimed loudly when we walked in. She was one of the girls who worked here and she was a good friend of ours. 

“Hey sister from another mister." Riley and I said in unison. She chuckled and gave us a quick hug before going back to cutting hair. “So I'm cutting Miss Tanner's hair?" I asked looking at the appointment book.

Katalina nodded and popped her gum. “So that means I'm doing Mr. Carsons hair." Riley said. We both got all our stuff ready and called them back to our stations. 

“Hey Miss Tanner. What are you wanting done today?" I asked putting a cape on her. “Hey girly. I just want an inch cut off, definitely some layers, and it needs to be thinned, bad." She replied with a chuckle. 

I wet her hair down and got to work. About thirty minutes later Dean and Sam came in with the kids. They told us they would watch them play at the park across the street while we were in here. All the girls in the shop looked up and their minds went crazy. I started to get angry at some of the stuff they were saying about Dean. 

“Hayley where's the bathroom, they need to use it?" Dean asked holding Cole. I pointed to the hallway and him and Sam walked back there with both the kids. 

“Ok, who were those two hunks of man candy?" Katalina asked with a smirk. Riley looked at me from her spot at her station and shrugged. “Just some guys we used to date." She responded. 

I finished Miss Tanners hair and took the fifty dollars she handed me. It was only fourty but she gave me a ten dollar tip. She's one of the better clients we have here. 

“Mommy this where Unca Johnny get hair cut." Cole said pointing to his hair. Short shit got his hair cut here and none of the girls called me. That pisses me off. “Who the hell cut my kids hair?" I asked. 

The new girl timidly raised her hand and looked at me with fear swimming in her eyes. Since she's new I'll go easy on her but next time I'm not. 

“Next time if Cole comes in to get his hair cut without an appointment and I'm not with him call me before you start snipping away. Got it?" She quickly nodded and went back to sweeping her station.

“Come on guys let's head to the house." Riley spoke grabbing Chloe. Dean and Sam followed me and Cole out the door. Cole was yelling by to his lady friends as he called them. He can be so cute sometimes.

When we made it to the house the living room light was on and I could sense ten minds. That means the guys and girls are here. Wonder where my dad and Uncle Bobby went? Kiley must still be taking her exams since it's only two in the afternoon. 

“Ok Cole go show your aunt and uncle's your shoes then go up to your room so you can take a nap." I said dropping my purse on the hallway table. He groaned but ran in the living room with the bag dragging on the floor. Chloe ran by me and Dean a second later with her bag also dragging on the ground.

Hayls are you gonna let Dean tell Cole he's his dad?

I looked at Riley and nodded. “Yeah." Dean and Sam looked at me oddly and then their faces lit up with realization. 

I think I'm going to let Sam tell Chlo he's her dad. 

“That'd be a good idea." I said. 

She nodded and flashed me a smile. The four of us walked up the stairs behind the kids. When I walked in the room Cole had was in his bed under his Batman sheets clutching his stuffed dog he named Bella. He said it looks like Matt and Val's dog Bella so that's why he named him that. Chloe was in her bed under her Hello Kitty sheets with her stuffed zebra Princess Dot. 

“Cole can I tell you something?" I asked and continued when he nodded, “This guy right here," I pointed to Dean, “is your daddy." 

Cole studied him for a minute before he uncovered himself and wrapped his arms around Dean's neck. My eyes welled up at the sight of them causing me to wipe my eyes. I glanced toward Riley and saw Chloe hugging Sam. 

“I love you daddy." Cole and Chloe said in unison.            

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°º¤ø„¸„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Have you ever had the feeling that someone wants to ask you a qeustion? When you ask them if they have a question to ask they say no every time. With me it's different because I don't have to ask them I just read their minds. People might say that's an invasion of privacy but what I have is a gift and I'm going to put it to good use.

When I got my powers I always used to use it when it was mine and Riley's birthday. Riley always hated it because before I even opened my birthday gift I knew what it was but she didn't have a clue as to what hers was. After the second time she didn't bother with wrapping my present. She just gave it to me. 

Today is a day where I know what the question is before they even ask it. They meaning dad, Uncle Bobby, Dean, and Sam. It was a question I was dreading. I knew they would ask it sooner or later but I didn't know it would be this soon. 

“Can we ask you girls a question?" Uncle Bobby asked. Kiley drummed her fingers on the kitchen table and looked at Riley and me. She had just gotten back from school so she wasn't in the mood for any crap. 

“Go for it." Kiley muttered clearly not interested. I elbowed her and rolled my eyes. Riley chuckled and waited for him to speak.

“Will you three, Cole, and Chloe come back to South Dakota with us?" Dad asked.     
            
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy green Hulk balls I am so sorry it took me a while to update. I've been busy with some of my other stories and my kind keeps coming up with new stories so it's like a bit jumbled mess up there. Anyways I hope you like the chapter. We love to hear from new people so you silent readers tell us your thoughts on the story. We don't bite, promise. :) Comment? Subscribe? Make me and Skittlez happy!

Song of the day- Pissed Off and Mad About It by Texas Hippie Coalition