Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

One.

“Honey I’m going to miss you so much, make sure to have a sweater on the plane. It’ll be quite chilly,” said Mrs. Mason to twenty year old daughter, Arianne Kathleen.

“I know Mom. It’s just for a bit anyways,” she replied. Watching her mother cry was the worse feeling you could ever get.

“I love you baby. I’m so sorry about Dad.”

“I am too. Bye mom,” Arianne said as she walked towards the inner area of the airport. She looked back and waved at her Mom, holding up her iPod. Her way of saying that she’ll FaceTime with her.

“Who were you talking to?” Arianne looked up to find her Father standing in the door of her room, his face red with anger.

“Me? Figuring out my dorm for college. What’s wrong Dad?”

“Don’t lie to me, were you talking to a boy?”

“No Dad, I wasn’t! Have you been drinking?”

“None of your business!” he yelled, his fist slamming the wall next to him. The picture of Arianne and their dog fell from the wall, the glass shattered everywhere.

“Dad! What are you doing?” she yelled, as he continued to break everything in sight.

“I SAID, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!” his hand slapped her once, and then twice. His facial expression softened, and he held up his hand in dismay, “Anne, I’m so sorry. I just lost con-”

But Arianne had already fled down the stairs and out the door. Her face still red from where her Father hit her.


Arianne woke up with a start, it took her a moment to figure out where she was: Thunder Bay Airport. She blinked as the lights on the ceiling shined down on her. The airport started to re-piece itself like a puzzle, and she realized she fell asleep after being told her flight was delayed. She walked up to the information booth and fixed her hair with one hand.

“Is the flight to Pittsburgh still delayed?” she asked.

“They just started boarding a few minutes ago, I think you’re right on time. Hurry!”

Arianne rushed back inside the lounge where a long train of people had already started to lineup. She was at the very back, and very impatient. When she finally got to the front, the stewardess stopped her.

“Excuse me, ma’am. A little boy and her mother got separated, so they asked if you could switch seats with the boy. It’d be greatly appreciated,” the stewardess smiled.

“Uhh, sure. I’m sitting alone anyways so yeah. Go ahead,” Arianne replied.

The stewardess lead Arianne past the economic seats and to first class! 
My life = awesome, thought Arianne as she sat down on her comfy chair. Nobody was in the seat next to her.. Yet. She might as well enjoy it as much as she could, first class seats were probably never going to happen again in her life.

“Uh, excuse me,” a voice said, waking Arianne up from her thoughts.

She looked up to see a tall, blonde guy standing next to her. She struggled with her ability to close her mouth and not stare for a moment, but smiled and got up.

“Well.. Hi, I’m Jordan Staal,” he said, holding out his hand.

“Arianne Kathleen Mason. Call me Anne,” she replied, taking it. It’s not like she didn’t know who he was already. She played hockey, and she followed hockey, of course. But ever since battling her way into university she stopped going nuts over it like she used to. Her team, the Toronto Maple Leafs, weren’t doing so hot either. She didn’t like to call it bandwagon, but she started “supporting” the Vancouver Canucks as a little gateway. Her heart was still with Leafs Nation though.

“Penguins, eh?” she asked, looking down at her magazine but a smile playing at her lips.

“Oh, so you knew,” Jordan said, chuckling. “Yeah, you watch hockey?”

“Play it too,” Arianne replied, sipping her Sprite. Man, she could really get use to these first class flights.

“Oh cool, what team you follow?”

“Er- Maple Leafs and the Canucks.”

Jordan’s face fell a bit, “Oh so no Penguins.”

“Well, I pretty much generally like at least one player from each team so I follow up on them.”

“Who from the Penguins, then?” Jordan asked, clearly amused.
Arianne bit her lip, “Ehrm, Fleury, Letang, Malkin, Cooke, Talbot, Crosby and.. You.”

“That’s more than one, even though Geno and Sid count as one,” Jordan said.

Arianne chuckled, “Yeah I know.. But I guess I like a little bit more on the Penguins.”

“Alright, cool.”

This plane right is going to be fun, too bad it’s only 4 hours, thought Arianne as she listened to Jordan’s story.

I think this is the first time I’ve talked to the person I sat next to.. Too bad it’s only four hours. Maybe it could be more.. Jordan bit his lip as he thought about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subs please? It'd be a big boost of motivation!!

Comment Please!