Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

Two.

Jordan Staal sighed as he stood in front of Starbucks waiting for his black coffee. His long coat buttoned up, and his face sullen. After a tearful goodbye (tears from his mother) from his family, he was all set to get back to Pittsburgh. This trip was.. Different. None at all like last year’s. Last year, there wasn’t a new born in tow with his brother Eric and his fiancee. Last year, Marc didn’t have a skanky girlfriend who was all over him, and vice versa with Marc. Last year, he actually enjoyed the summer. After the playoffs Jordan just hung around the condo with Kris Letang for a couple of weeks before heading back to Thunder Bay.

“Thank you,” he said as the guy handed him his coffee. He turned around and yawned. His delayed flight wasn’t for another hour so he decided to walk around. He sat on a bench and took out his BlackBerry. He looked up and saw a girl standing near him, her long brown hair a little messed up. She had a nice posture and soft, hazel eyes. She put on a green sweater he had with her, picked up her bags and walked away.

Jordan sighed and looked down at his BlackBerry again when it vibrated. Text message from: Eric Staal

Hear you have a delayed flight

Yeah it is for an hour. It might come sooner tho

ah ok. Have fun in pittsburgh! Leave the girls alone

shutup. Go back to carolina, captain

were leaving for airport in two hours. Marcs leaving tomorrow and jareds staying for another week

Ah ok. Pce

“Flight 321 from Thunder Bay to Pittsburgh now boarding,” a voice called. As Jordan had no carry ons, he walked into the lounge, showed his passport and walked onto the plane. His plan was to be silent or asleep for the next four hours.

As he was approaching his seat, he saw a girl with brown hair and a green sweater twiddling her thumbs sitting in the aisle seat. Jordan smirked to himself, doing a victory dance in his head.

“Uh, excuse me,” he said. The girl looked up and quickly let him pass. She smiled again and resumed twiddling her thumbs.

I guess I have to make the first move.. Jordan thought.

“Well, hi. I’m Jordan Staal,” he held out his hand for her to shake. She took it and introduced herself. Arianne Kathleen Mason. Follows the Leafs and Canucks, charming personality. But she knew who he was, which was something Jordan didn’t like. Well, not in this particular situation. Normally he’d be swelling with pride.

“So, why you headed to Pittsburgh?” Jordan asked, sipping his black coffee.

“School. University of Pittsburgh accepted me this year and I couldn’t wait to leave, they gave me a chance and I took it.”

“Cool, so we might see each other again,” Jordan commented.

“Maybe, most likely it’ll be me seeing you on TV.”

“You never know,” Jordan laughed. He told her about being a Staal, a hockey player and such. They talked the whole time, not falling asleep for a bit. She described her situation at home, about her father. And He told her about being a hockey player, the perks and downsides. When the plane was landing, they felt some turbulence and Arianne grabbed Jordan’s hand.

“Woah, woah woah. It’s gonna be fine, just turbulence,” Jordan said, comforting her. He placed his other hand on her shoulder, and tried to calm her down.

“Okay, okay. I just hate flying.”

“It’ll be fine, just relax. Stay cool, and breathe,” Jordan said, his hand still on her shoulder.

When the plane landed, Arianne was still breathing deeply, and Jordan with his hands on her shoulders. People exiting the plane gave them a strange look but continued on their business. They were they last ones to leave. They stood together when they walked inside the airport and Arianne smiled shyly.

“I had a great time, talking to you. I wish we had more time together,” she said.

“We could, if you wanted. I don’t start practicing with the team for another two weeks so I’m free whenever. Do you want help looking for an apartment?”

“That’d be great! Uh, here’s my cellphone..” she said as she wrote it down on a piece of paper. Jordan ripped it in half and wrote his on it too, along with his home phone.

“Can I get you a cup of coffee?” Jordan asked, as they started off together.

“You drank like, five cups today!”

“What can I say? I like my caffeine,” Jordan replied, laughing.

Jordan felt a kick on his leg and saw Maxime Talbot walking near him with a mini suitcase. He gave Jordan the thumbs up and walked away, snickering. Arianne was oblivious to this, though.

“Oh, just a sec,” Jordan replied, taking out his cellphone. New text: Max Talbot

Nice going Staalsy. Shes hot

Shutup superstar

Oh I strike loverboy’s nerve? Lol see you later pretty boy

“Max is a douche,” Jordan said, putting away his phone, “Anyways, cappucino?”
♠ ♠ ♠
How was the update? If you didn't figure it out, bolded texts are from the other person, italics is from this person, in this case Jordan.

Anyways, like the update? I'm gonna have fun with this story!

Help boost my self esteem? Comment Please!