Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

Sixteen.

“EH, MAH GAWD!” squealed Arianne as she ran into the welcoming arms of Henry, Linda and the rest of the Staal brothers. Tanya stayed closed by, but not joining in on the love due to a sleeping Parker in her arms.

“Did she just say ‘EH MAH GAWD?’” Jared asked, breaking out of the circle and standing next to Jordan. Jordan laughed and got Jared in a headlock for a few seconds before letting go.

“So why’s everybody here? I thought it was just Marc!” Arianne exclaimed, beaming.

“Well?” Linda said, from the side wiping her eyes.

“Go on!” Henry urged, taking Parker in his arms as the little boy was waking up.

Arianne looked around, confusedly for a minute before clicking in her head and gasped.

Jordan dropped to one knee, and held Arianne’s hand in his.

“Annie, I know that we haven’t been together long. And that I have a busy schedule, that you’re just finishing up school. But I’m in no rush. I just need you to know that I love you. I love you so much, I have never felt this way about another girl before. When I’m with you, I don’t care about what happens. Everything is spontaneous and amazing with you, and I just love it. Will you, Arianne Kathleen Mason, do the honour of marrying me?”

Arianne’s eyes welled with tears, as she put one hand to her mouth. She blinked back her tears and looked up at the ceiling before saying, “Yes, Jordan Staal. I will gladly marry you.”

Jordan took Arianne in his arms, and spun her around just like in the movies. But it was so much better.

“Unca Jordan’s getting married?!”

*~*~*~*~*~*

“So have you told the team?” Eric asked, as the four Staal boys sat outside on the patio deck of Marc’s house. The Rangers beat the Penguins 3-1, but that didn’t bring Jordan’s mood down. Well, not that much at least.

“Nah, I’ve thought of a way, it’s gonna be back in Pittsburgh though.”

“Watcha gonna do?” Jared asked, sipping his Cola. Eric snickered and sipped his can of beer, rubbing in his legal age of over 21. Jared thumped Eric on the head and sighed, “Can’t wait till I’m 21.”

“Yeah, that’ll be a while.. Enjoy your young lively hood while you can, bro,” Marc replied, feet on the table. The sun was surprisingly bright that day, and a t-shirt would cover it for you. No need for a jacket!

Jordan snickered, as Jared humphed for being made fun of. The rest of the family was enjoying their last day in New York and was walking around downtown.

“No but seriously, how are you gonna tell the team?” asked Eric and Jared at the same time.

“BROTHERLY INSTINCTS!” burped Marc, slapping his knee.

Jordan ignored him and carried on, “Okay, this is what I’m gonna do...”

*~*~*~*~*

After returning back from the mini New York road trip, the Penguins went on a four game winning streak, and after the fifth victory in a row against the Florida Panthers, Jordan Staal had a little surprise planned. The team still knew nothing about the engagement, the ring or anything else. It was his and Arianne’s secret, but Arianne knew nothing about the second one.

“Jordan said to put on the skates,” Sidney said, pointing to the white, long figure skating skates leaning against the bench. The team didn’t immediately come inside after the game, except for Sidney.

“What? Why? Can’t I just wear hockey skates?” Arianne asked, standing up.

“Nope!” Sidney said, pushing Arianne by the shoulders to sit on the bench and threw the skates over one by one. “Put them on!”

Arianne quietly did as she as told, and especially when Kris Letang came into supervise.

“So, am I going on the ice?” Arianne asked as she laced up as skates, Letang just stood their with his arms folded.
“Yup, but not another word. Just come,” Kris said, looking excited.

Arianne struggled with the extra long laces, and her face began to heat up. A sign of being nervous?

“Man, this is a shades moment,” Kris said, chuckling. He used his hands to mime putting on sunglasses and cracked his knuckles.

Arianne stood up and the Frenchie followed her out onto the ice. The whole team was scattered outside, just told by Sidney and Kris to stay still and stay on the ice. Kris held Arianne’s hand and led her to the centre of the ice. Some of the crowd had stayed, but half of the arena was empty.

Jordan skated over, and instead of his jersey and pads he had on nice pants with a dress shirt. No tuxedo jacket. He had a small bouquet of white flowers, and a big smile on his face.

“Again?” Arianne asked, confused. Her smile was wide, but her eyes were lost.

“For them, you deserved one with your friends too.”

“That doesn’t even make sense,” Arianne said, laughing.

Jordan shushed her and got on one knee. The whole team suddenly shushed down and crowded to one side. What was left of the arena whooped and hollered, as Jordan asked for Arianne’s hand in marriage.

“Would you do the honour of marrying me? Again?” Jordan added, after a few seconds.

Arianne smiled and wiped a couple of tears off her cheek, “Yes. I will marry you, Jordan.”

She gave him a big hug and kiss, and Maxime Talbot embraced both of them in a hug.

“MES AMIS SE MARIENT!” he cried, as water dripped down his face.

“Max, are you crying?!” Jordan asked, his face bewildered.

Max’s happy expression dropped, replaced with annoyance.

“No, you dipshit. I just finished a game and you wouldn’t let me go inside to drink my water. It’s sweat, you dumbass. You really think I’d cry over you, blondie?” The rest of the team filed inside for water and changing, as Jordan laughed with Arianne.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY GETTING MARRIED! Should the story end soon, or what? O_O
I'm not happy with this chapter, I was rushed and It's about 3AM right now and i'm writing this for you guys, ugh. Sorry for not updating, it's exam week in Vancouver!

Anyways, guys. I'd just like to make clear that I don't hate the Caps ahaha. I'm a Canucks fan so.. not a Pens fan (= I just like the Staal bros.
But no offense, I'm on Team Lids for the All Star Game. What about you guys? LIDS OR STAAL?

COMMENTS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, and maybe 10 more comments will get you guys faster updates? (=
am I being too bold or..