Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

Twenty One.

“OH?! That’s all you have to say, is ‘oh?!’” Arianne exclaimed, collapsing on the bed.

“No no no, I mean wow,” Jordan responded.

His head was spinning, he shakily got up and poured himself a glass of water.

“Are you sure?!” he asked, pouring his third cup.

“Yes, I’m sure. I peed on four sticks, I think it’s legit,” Arianne replied, annoyed.

“Well, that’s news..” Jordan said, forcing a chuckle.

Arianne put down her book, and looked over at Jordan.

“You don’t want a kid, do you?” Arianne asked.

“No no, it’s not that I don’t want a kid. I love kids! I just don’t want one.. Yet,” Jordan said, taking Arianne’s hand.

Arianne slipped her hand out of Jordans, “Well I am. So you’re going to have to get ready for OUR baby.”

She turned the lamp off with a small click.

*

“She’s pregnant?” Eric asked, as he stuffed his face with toast.

“Yeah, she’s pregnant,” Jordan responded, rubbing his temples.

“Isn’t that a good thing?” Eric asked, a big smile on his face.

“Yeah, but the thing is.. I don’t want a kid. Well not yet.”

“Well guess what kiddo?”

“What?”

“It’s not all about you!” Eric said, putting his toast down.

“I never said it was all abou-”

“Oh please, the way you’re acting. ‘I don’t want a kid yet, I don’t want a kid yet’ well too frigging bad. She’s carrying a life inside of her - and it’s yours,” Eric picked up his toast and resumed eating.

“I need a nap,” Jordan said. He picked up his sunglasses and made his way to the lake.

After stripping down to his boxers, he laid in a floaty chair and drifted off in the lake deep in sleep.

*

”Jordan, he’s beautiful!” Arianne exclaimed, holding his new born baby boy in her hands.

Jordan carefully took him from her, and touched his tender cheeks. His eyes were still closed and it was crying his head off.

“Benji Staal,” Arianne said.

“Benji Staal...”

......

“Alright Benji, now you just flick your wrist and the puck will go in,” Jordan held his son’s hand as they skated on the backyard rink.

The boys whooped and hollered as the puck sailed into the net, and made a few victory laps around the rink.

They didn’t go back home till Arianne called them in for dinner.


Jordan woke up still in the floaty. He rubbed his eyes, “Benji?” he thought.

Maybe.. Having a kid wasn’t another responsibility. Or a burden.

It was a gift.

Maybe, it’s time to mature up.

It’s time to be a father.

*

“Honey, I rethought about the baby and all, and I think that it’s going to be wonderful,” Jordan said, with his hand on Arianne’s stomach.

Arianne smiled, “Really?”

“Really. It’d be fun you know, teaching someone how to play hockey, how to drop the gloves properly and how to...”

Arianne smiled as her husband rambled on and on about their future hockey player.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY GUYS!
I just wanted to let you know that I have a new story ft Alex Burrows of the Vancouver Canucks and special appearances by the Chicago Blackhawks.

I have over 700 readers on this story, I was wondering if you guys could give my other story a try? It only has about 30.

Thanks guys, and hope you liked the update! <3 Comment!