Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

Nine.

Arianne had to adjust to living with a NHL star. Every few days he’d be gone, and then just pop back up. Jordan could tell she hated it when he left her alone for a road trip, and secretly enjoyed it. He’d invited her to a couple, but she always turned him down.

“So how’s Arianne?” Kris asked, as he and Jordan were eating lunch in Chicago after a loss last night.

“She’s fine, why?” Jordan replied.

“Make your move yet?” Kris asked, biting his burger.

“What’s this leading to?” Jordan asked, eating one fry at a time.

“Look dude, I know you like her. And not to be offensive or anything but she’s pretty, and there’s plenty guys out there who’d kill to take her home,” he said. Jordan looked at him for a minute, until he finally took it in. He’s right.

“There already is one..” Jordan said, groaning. He told Kris about Phil, and about their fight.

“Just make your move. It’s halfway through the season, can you just invite her back to Thunder Bay. Ask her to stay at your place,” Kris suggested.

“Yeah but I didn’t even ask her out yet.”

“MAYBE YOU SHOULD.”

“Woah woah, okay no need to yell.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Arianne bought home some pasta and pizza, awaiting Jordan to come back, and for Kris and Brittany to come over for dinner. Dinner being eating pizza and watching TV.

She heard Jordan’s voice call out and she ran into the living room for a hug. Surprised, she saw Geno, Max, Jordan, Kris, Marc-Andre and Brittany walk through the door.

“What the hell,” Arianne said, stopping to a halt.

The gang laughed and made themselves comfortable in the living room, and booed when they saw the Leafs game on TV.

“Don’t worry, Sidney went to go get some more food,” Jordan said from the dining table. He slid into the chair across from Arianne who was on her laptop.

“Sending your captain out?” Arianne laughed.

Everybody cheered when Crosby walked through the door with their food.

*~*~*~*~*~*

“So how’s living here without us?” Brittany asked. She and Arianne were sitting at the dining table with their mugs of tea as the guys were playing Call of Duty in the living room.

“It’s been pretty empty, sort of boring too now that you mention it,” Arianne said, sipping her tea.

“So are you two like.. Are you guys together?” Brittany asked, her green eyes wide.

“Jordan and I? No! Of course not, just roommates.”

“But you’re blushing! Do you like him?”

“I don’t know,” Arianne said, looking down, “I really don’t.”

“Well if it helps, he really likes you,” Brittany said, smiling.

“Yeah? How would you know?”

“Please, I’ve lived with him for a year, I can read him like a book.”

“There’s this other guy too,” Arianne said, groaning.

“Who?” Brittany asked. Arianne explained about Phil, “Well you can’t have ‘em both, Annie.”

“I know, I don’t know who though. They both flirt, like a lot. They both care about me.. It’s hard you know?”

“Just follow you heart, Annie,” Brittany patted her hand and smiled a genuine smile.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“So you guys are together or what?” Max asked, as they watched Kris dominate Sidney at Call of Duty.

Jordan sighed and rubbed his face with his hands, “I don’t know dude. I don’t know if she likes me.”

“She do like you, I can see,” Geno said from the other side of the couch. His hands were hugging a sofa cushion and he smiled like a puppy dog.

“Oh yeah? How so?” Jordan asked, half amused half curious.

“The way she look at you,” Geno said simply.

Jordan looked over at Arianne, deep in talk with Brittany. He caught her eye and they smiled slightly before blushing and looking away.

“Go for it, bro. Just take a chance,” Max said, nudging Jordan. Jordan sighed and walked towards the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, thanks for all the great feedback! Love you for the comments, keep it up!
I'm sorry this was short, but there's more to come! <3

Comment Please!