Status: Keep? or Kill?

In the End

Darkness

I watched the soul of an older woman with long silver hair as she crept curiously in the direction of her destination. A glowing white halo had formed around her. It was quiet, there were no noises as her bare feet padded along the ground. She seemed fully concentrated and intent on making and completing the journey that bounded her. Her face became washed with recognition and she began to pick up the pace, her wispy hair flowing behind her.

She eagerly lifted her arms for an embrace, tears streaming down her wrinkled face. And I saw her youth in that moment. Felt her carefree and strong-willed nature in that time. She pulled away and intertwined her hands with the invisible sourse. Love permeated the air; it truly was an amazing feeling. It was her greeting, someone she felt immeasurable amounts of love for during her life time...someone that had passed before her. And, we walked for not a moment more until she was engulfed by a light that possessed peace....and judgement. My task was completed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I perched on the ledge of a building, watching, waiting. In the distance the other Reaper stood. Heat waves in the shadows...demons...Snatchers. This was big...devestating. I looked down and scanned the crowd of people. It's when I saw him looking at me. He smiled and squinted his eyes. I turned my head abruptly away from him and pulled my hood over my head.

A vision passed over my me...flashes of the disaster, pictures, not the whole event. I opened my eyes to the glaring sunlight. The man below me caught my gaze again. He smiled, tears pouring down his cheeks. I scanned around me, trying to find someone near me. There was no one...

Tires screeched and my head shot up. I unfurled the large black wing protruding from my shoulder blades and shot out overhead. A black Camaro came around the corner, swerved into the other lane, and collided with a tan Mini Van. The van was crushed between the car and a light pole. I landed gracefully beside the Reaper.

And once again, I found myself in darkness. A woman and two of her children were gathered together. I turned to the other Reaper. Beside him was a man; the drunk driver. I watched the mother as she rose her head and began to walk, her two children tailing behind her. I followed suit.

The souls' paces quickened as did mine to keep up. Tears rolled down the woman's face, smiles on all three of them were stretched from ear to ear. They dissapeared in the light. I stood there..puzzled. How could it have been that easy? I turned and came face to face with a Snatcher. The black blob of a demon stared past me and I followed his gaze. There stood one of the children in shock. He shook with fright and covered his eyes. The demon had caught his gaze just before the light hit.

I stared the Snatcher down as he began to dart back and forth. I blocked him from each side and struck out, my fist meeting his cheek. He hissed and his talons grew. He slashed out at me and I caught his wrist in my grip. I twisted until I heard breaking. He growled in pain. I pinned him, pressed my two forefingers against his temple. I whispered a prayer and listened to the sizzle of burning flesh. He screamed from the searing pain. When there was nothing left of him I stood and sighed.

I turned and the child had regained his strength to press on until the light lifted him. My task was finished and I was left to dwell in the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
SOooOOOoooOOoOooOooo much was changed and edited in this chapter. Lol. And I know right? You guys were expecting a show down between angel VS demon. Sorry to dissapoint you. :\ Didn't want to start that too early in the story.
Aaaaanyways...I'm kinda wondering who this mysterious guy is. O..o Aren't you?
Buut comments are more than welcome...
Construstive critisim is very appreciated....
Aaaand subscriptions are highly suggested. :):)