Status: Active :)

Sweetheart, I'm Sorry but You're Not the First

Sweetheart, I'm Sorry But You're Not The First...

The next morning I woke up to find my bed completely empty. I could faintly hear sounds coming from downstairs so I dragged myself out of bed and down the stairs, I could hear cartoons on but when I walked into the family room no one was watching. I was starting to freak out a little bit when I heard Daisy’s voice from the kitchen.
“Dese are weally gwood, daddy” she said as she stuffed her mouth with more pancakes as I walked into the room.
“Well good morning sleepyhead” John chuckled as he turned off the stove and looked at me.
“Hi, you didn’t have to make her breakfast you know, you could have woken me up. Sorry from keeping you from whatever you had planned today” I apologized. I didn’t want him to feel like he had to be here, I could handle her myself.
“I wanted to stick around for a little bit, and I figured since she’s been sick you hadn’t been sleeping so I wanted you to sleep in a bit. She seems a lot better today, her fever has gone down and she kept down some water and crackers before I made her pancakes” he explained as he leaned over and wiped some food off her face. He was adorable with her, he’d only been around for a short time and he was already such a good dad.
“Well thanks” I didn’t really know what to say. John and I had so many unresolved issues and I didn’t know how to trust him, but he was so good with her and acting so nice.
“No problem, I made some chocolate chip pancakes for you if you want some” he said as he pointed to a plate sitting on the counter with three chocolate chip pancakes on it. The perfect amount, the breakfast we used to eat together all the time when we were still dating.
“Thanks” I said with a small smile as I picked up the plate and went to sit next to Daisy.
“Dadddddy” Daisy said as she took her last bite.
“What baby girl?” John asked as she threw her arms up and reached for him, the universal “pick me up” sign.
John picked her up and she leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek before smiling at him.
“We has the same eyes! Did you knows that?!” She said with such excitement.
“Yeah baby I did” John laughed.
“Mommy used to tell me allll the time that I had the same eyes as my daddy and its true!” she squealed as she shimmied her way out of his arms and ran into the family room to watch her cartoons.
“You told her about me?” he asked confused.
“Well...sort of. I mean, she knew that she had a daddy she just didn’t know who. She asked a lot of questions about you for awhile” I explained as I slowly took a bite of my pancake.
“Oh.” Was all he said as he took a seat next to me.
“Look, Joh-”
“We need to talk, about everything” he cut me off as he stared into my eyes.
“Ok” I said with a gulp.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe! <3