Status: Active

Boys Don't Cry

Anywhere But Here

“But Xavier, you didn’t see it. She was just like me.”
“Logan, I’m aware of her powers. That’s one of the reasons I made her come here. But there’s another power you are not aware of, nor is she.”
“And what’s that?”
“When someone near her is asleep, she can control their dreams and she can control what they do externally and internally. She’s very dangerous when she’s asleep. Or at least when someone’s near her.”
“Damn.”
“She’s also very troubled, Logan. I’m going to need you to help her.”
“Of course. I’ll help someone like me. Does she have any clue about what happened and what Stryker did?”
“As far as I know, no. She doesn’t. But that’s all subject to change. I’m going to have her sleep in the operation room so Jean can observe her sleeping and what all Stryker did to her body.”
“How are you going to get here to do that? She’s not just going to willingly sleep in a tanning bed.”
“I have my ways, Logan.”

***

“So what are your powers?” Rogue asked me.
“I can make metal come out of my knuckles, I can heal really fast, I have great senses, and…that’s it.”
“That’s more than I can do, shuga.” Rogue was still showing me around the campus when she saw a boy. “Bobby! Come here!” The boy runs over with his friend and hugs Rogue. “Bobby this is Natalia. Natalia, Bobby.”
“Hi, welcome to Xavier’s School fo-“
“For gifted youngsters.” His friend finishes.
“Oh, and this is John.”
“You like fire?”
“Uh…not particularly.” Rogue looks at Bobby and whispers something to him.
“So what are you girls doing?” Bobby asked.
“I’m just showin’ my new friend around the campus.”
“What can you do?” John asked. I sigh and let the adamantium penetrate my knuckles. Bobby and John stand with their mouths agape.
“You’re just like Logan.” Bobby said.
“I’m my own person.” I grumble. I was starting to get tired of being compared to people.
“Bobby! John!” Someone calls from afar.
“Gotta go, guys. Nice meeting you Natalia.”
“Yeah.” Bobby and John leave and Rogue and I continue with the tour.
“You guys goin’ out?” I ask Rogue.
“Me and Bobby? Yeah.” She smiles. She and I continue to walk when we see a woman in a clearing. “Storm!” Rogue runs over to the slender black woman and hugs her. I walk over to where they stood and Storm looked at me. “This is Natalia, Storm.”
“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Natalia.” There was a natural peace about her. She seemed so nice and loving. Like a mother figure.
“I’m just showing her around. Can-“
“What’s your favorite type of weather, child.” Storm asks me.
“Um, I love it when it rains.”
“And it shall.” Storm’s eyes went white as she put her hands in the air and conjured up rain. And it was nice rain. She made it to wear it didn’t thunder or lighting. So there was no life risk. A lot of the kids ran inside, but Rogue and I stood on the rain laughing. We walk away from Storm when Jean comes outside.
“Rogue! Natalia! You two should come inside so you don’t get sick!” She called from the massive door.
“Psh. I’m staying out here.” Jean sighs and looks like she’s concentrating on something. “What in the hell are you looking at?” I look at Jean like she’s a moron because, frankly, she is and continue to play in the rain until I am being levitated. Son of a bitch. That’s what she was doing. I wiggle and try to get out of her imaginary grip, but it was no use. I just let her levitate me to the mansion while Rogue walks behind me. I finally get inside and Jean drops me on a couch.
“Bitch.” I mumble.
“You’re soaked. You should change your clothes so you don’t get sick.”
“Thanks, but no thanks. I’ll do what I fuckin’ want.” Jean had a disappointed look on her face as I defied her orders. I walk to mine and Rogue’s room and lied on my bed. This is bullshit. They’re just pretending to be my parents. They’re not helping me.
Fuck it. I get up and get my things and start to pack. I’m not staying here. Rogue comes into the room as I finish zipping up my last bag.
“Wha-what’re you doing?”
“What does it look like? I’m leaving.”
“Why?”
“They’re not here to help me. No one can help me.” I push passed Rogue and stomp my Doc Martens against the tiled floor as I walk away. I don’t know where I’ll go. Anywhere but here.

Where are you going, Natalia?

“Away from here!” I yell. I push my way through the big doors and it’s still raining. I turn to the school and yell. “FUCK YOU!” I spit on the steps and light a cigarette. I start walking down the long road when I hear an unfamiliar voice yell my name.
“Natalia!” I look behind me and see Logan running to catch up with me.
“What do you want? Did Xavier send you? Or what about that red headed bitch? She send you, too? She tell you to bring me a jacket so I don’t get a cold?”
“I came to get you because I wanted to come get you.”
“What?”
“I see myself in you, Natalia. You’re the only person like me.” There was a long silence as I took a long drag from my cigarette.
“I’m not going back in there. They don’t want to help me and they can’t. No one can help me.”
“I thought the same thing, darlin’.” Logan takes me by the shoulders and looks into my eyes. “Let us help you.” I stare at him for the longest time.
“…Fine. But not for them.”
“That’s fine by me.” He chuckles. He takes his jacket off and puts it around me. “You better put that thing out before Xavier sees it.” He says pointing to my cigarette. I take one last long drag from it and toss it to the ground. Logan and I walk back to the school in silence, which was kinda awkward. We get to the big doors as they open.
Welcome back.
“Yeah, yeah.”
Good job, Logan.
I glare at Logan for bringing me back. But for some reason, I couldn’t deny him when he asked me to stay.

And I was kinda glad I came back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't wait so I wrote more :D.

A little short, I know.

Next one'll be longer!