Status: Active

Boys Don't Cry

The Rumor Part Two

*People have asked me what Natalia looks like. She looks like this. Wolverine looks like this. And Natalia's sister, Cassie, looks like this.*

As the next few days strolled along slowly, the rumors didn’t. I hadn’t talked to Logan in three days and I only saw him in the hallways. I’d try to avoid his gaze, but it was much harder than that. Rogue would always walk with me and keep watch to make sure he wasn’t around.
“Did you guys break up?” I heard someone call.
“Oh, shut up, Darren.” Rogue defended. Rogue and I kept walking to our destination. The kitchen. We needed girl time and girl time called for ice cream. We get in the kitchen and no one’s in there.
“Thank god.” I say as Rogue opens the freezer.
“Chocolate or vanilla?”
“Chocolate. Vanill-what the hell are you doing in here?”I say while not taking my gaze off of the freezer. It was John. I knew I could smell a rat.
“What? I can’t get a soda? Damn.” Rogue and I ignore John while we get bowls and toppings out for the ice cream. “So where’s your boyfriend?” I knew he couldn’t keep his whore mouth shut.
“You know damn good and well that Logan and I aren’t a ‘thing’.”
“Do I?” He smirks.
“That’s IT!” I yell. The adamantium penetrates my knuckles and I’m seething with rage. John puts his hands out and fire comes out. “Come on, bitch!” I run at John and realize something. I could kill him. He’s not like me. He’s basically human. Minus the fire. I stop running and he laughs.
“I knew you didn’t have it in you.”
“No, I’m just a better person.” I snarl and storm off.
“Nat!” Rogue calls after. I’m not going back there. I have too much pride. I needed something to help me calm down. Then I remember. Logan has some in his closet. But I can’t just go to him and say, ‘Hey, Logan. I need to get drunk.’ Maybe he’s not in his room. I make my way to Logan’s room quietly so no one thinks the rumors are true. I get to his door and knock. No answer. Yes. I open his door and no one’s in there. Success. I tip-toe my way in his room, quietly shutting his door. I make my way to his closet without a noise. I open it and see mountains of beer. Insert angels singing here. I reach for a bottle when I hear the door open.
“Shit.” I whisper as I fall to the floor. I hear sniffing and then silence.
“Natalia.” Logan says unalarmed.
“Shit, how’d you know it was me?”
“I’m not stupid.” He chuckles. “Plus, I heard what went on in the kitchen and I figured you’d be coming here for a pick me up. And from what I see, I’m right.” He says pointing to the bottle in my hand. I laugh nervously and try to hide the bottle.
“Sorry, it’s just; this is how I usually deal with my problems.”
“It’s okay, darlin’. It’s how I manage, too. Stay and have a beer with me?” I look at him and I don’t know if I should. “No one’ll find out.” He smirks.
“You, my friend, have a way with words.” I smile. I move from my standing spot near his closet to a sitting position on his massive bed. He walks to his closet to get a beer and sits next to me.
“You shouldn’t let them get to your head.”
“I try not to.” I say looking down into my beer. “It’s more difficult than it sounds, though.”
“Trust me, I know.” He says as he takes a drink from the bottle. “Everything you’re going through, I went through. Still going through. Except the ‘Lady Wolverine’ thing.” He smirks.
“Shut up.” I say smiling while punching him in the arm. “Hand me another beer.” He goes to reach for one when he does a double take.
“Did…did you just drink ALL of that?” He asks shocked.
“Yeah. And?” He smiles and hands me the bottle.
“I’ve never met a girl who could do that.”
“First off, I’m not a ‘girl’,” I smile, “and secondly, I could drink your ass under the table.”
“Oh, really? Is that so?”
“Believe it, babe.”
“I’m gonna hold that against you.”
“Wanna go, cowboy?” He looks at me with a huge grin.
“You’re on.” He smiles. We had a system set up. We’d have five bottles in front of us at a time and when someone ran out, we got five more. We did this for about 30 minutes until HE pucked. Not me. I had 20 beers under my belt while he had 15.
“Who’s the winner now, bitch?!” I slur drunkenly.
“Shhhh!” He says putting his finger to his lips. “They’ll hear you.” I sit down next to him on the floor. With the drunken antics we had somehow managed to move from a sitting position on his bed, to a resting position, and now a sitting/resting position on the floor.
“Thanks for tonight, Logan.” I say somewhat soberly.
“No problem, darlin’.” When he hurled, he somehow got instantly sober.
“I’m scared to leave your room.”
“Why?”
“They might be out there. Waiting. Like the damn paparazzi.”
“Well…you don’t have to go.” I look at him and question if I should. ‘It just might make the rumors worse’ I told myself.
“Okay.” I smile. “I get left side!” I say, talking about the bed of course. The look on Logan’s face showed me that he thought I would just be sleeping on the floor. “Or I can just sleep on the floor. It doesn’t matter.”
“No, you can sleep with me.” The sentence rang in my head. The thought made my stomach explode with butterflies. “That, uh…that came out wrong.”
“No, it’s okay.” I chuckle. I get under the warm red blanket and snuggle up in a fetal position. Logan goes to the other side and does the same minus the fetal position. He turns off the light on his end table and the room was encased in darkness.
“Uh, goodnight, Natalia.”
“Goodnight, Logan.” I say before falling asleep with a smile etched on my face.
***
Logan and I went to sleep on total opposite sides of his bed. But when I woke up his arms were wrapped around my waist and his bare chest was against my back. I lyed there for 10 minutes until he woke up and I think he was just as surprised at his new position as I was. I turn my body around to face him.
“Uh…good morning.” I say a little embarrassed. He smiles and kisses me softly. I was stunned by his actions and I think he saw that on my face. He turns on his back and puts his hand to his eyes.
“I’m sorry.” He says even more embarrassed. I sit up on my elbow and look at him.
“Don’t be.” I say taking his hand off of his face. He looks up at me and smiles. I smile back and him when I notice the clock on his end table. “Oh shit.” I say panicked.
“What?” He asks as his smile fades.
“It’s 10:00. Everyone is awake. How the hell am I going to get out of here without people thinking we did something?” Logan’s face got a panicked look similar to mine. We didn’t think this over last night. And quite frankly, I didn’t want to think about it. I knew what I had to do. I just had to walk out and take it. Like ripping off a band aid. I was going to have to face what my actions had brought me to do. I sigh and rub my face. “I’ll just walk out. I don’t give a shit what people think anymore. I’m tired of it.”
“Good.” He smiles. I return the smile and get out of his bed. I put my jacket and shoes back on while I try to contain my wild hair. “Natalia.” He calls as I reach for the door knob.
“Yes?”
“Thank you.” He smiles.
“No problem, darlin’.” I smile back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! :D