Status: Active

Boys Don't Cry

It's My Party, I Can Cry if I Want To

After visiting Cassie, I became unbelievably depressed and even more defensive about my feelings. Logan tried to get closer to me and I just kept pushing him further and further away. My first month of attending Professor Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters ended and Rogue wanted to throw a party to celebrate me being there and the many more years I’d spend there.
“I dunno, Rogue. Can’t we just go see a movie or somethin’?”
“No, shug. We’re going to throw a party!” She protests. I sigh and mess with the pillows on my bed. I watch Rogue as she rushes from the bathroom to the closet and to her bed for preparation for the party. I sit on my bed, contemplating. “Well, what are ya gonna wear, darlin’?”
“Dunno.” I shrug. “Just some jeans and a band shirt.”
“Oh no, wear something better. More sexier.” She winks. “You know who’s gonna be there, don’t you?”
“Yes.” I groan as I sink my head into a pillow. I wanted to avoid Logan, I treated him like shit. I didn’t wanna see him sad. If he was. I give up and go to my closet.
“How’s this?” I ask Rogue. I held out a Jack Daniels tank top, a plaid skirt, leather jacket, and combat boots.
“Perfect!” I put on my ensemble and strut out from the bathroom. Rogue applauds in her corset top, leather pencil skirt, and white combat boots.
“Ready to go?” She asks eagerly.
“As ready as I’ll ever be, I guess.” I was so hesitant. I know John will be there to cause shit. But I won’t let it get to me. It’s MY party. Rogue and I get to the main corridor where everybody was. I see Bobby and of course, John. We walk over and Rogue kissed Bobby on the cheek.
“What’s up, Lady Wolverine?” John asks.
“John-“Rogue defends.
“I’m fine, thanks ass.” I walk over to where the punch was and get a cup.
“Hey, darlin’.” I feel muscular arms wrap around me and embrace me in a hug. I turn around and see Logan’s smiling face.
“I had a really bad day…until now.” I smile.
“What do you say we leave this party and go back to my room?...That came out wrong.”
“I know what you meant.” I chuckle. Logan grabs my hand as we try to sneak out of the party. We get to the hallway and run the rest of the way to his room. Just for the hell of it. We get to his door breathless and bursting with laughter. We get in his room and we giggle all the way to his closet.
“I gotta surprise.” He smiles. He opens his closet and hides something behind his back.
“What is it?” I ask eagerly. He takes a bottle of Jack Daniels from behind his back and hands it to me. “My favorite!” I gleam.
“Knew you’d like it.” He smirks. I take a big gulp of it and hand the bottle to him. “No, darlin’. It’s all yours.”
“Share it with me, dammit.” I laugh. I hand him the bottle again and he accepts it. We share the whole bottle of Jack and a couple of beers until Logan and I passed out on the floor cuddled together. I jolt up from my slumber to the aching of my stomach. I drank too much and my body wanted it out and it wanted it out now. I run to Logan’s bathroom and throw up a couple of times until my stomach was content. I grab the mouthwash from the counter and do two rinses. Puke breath. Yuck.
“Are you okay, darlin’?” Logan asks coming into the bathroom while rubbing his eyes.
“Yeah, yeah. I just had too much to drink on an empty stomach. I’ll be fine.”
“Okay.” He smiles. He wraps his arms around me and sways. I turn around to face Logan and look in his eyes.
“Hey, your eyes change color. They just changed from brown to blue.”
“They change with my mood.”
“What mood are you in?”
“Happy.” He smiles. “You’re eyes are blue.”
“Really? I-I thought they were green. I guess they change with my mood, too.”
“What mood are you in?”
“Happy.” I smile. He looks at me and holds me tight and kisses the top of my head. I think we both knew we couldn’t properly kiss yet. It was too soon and we didn’t want to mess anything up. “I think I should go.” I say breaking the silence.
“Okay, darlin’.” He says letting go. He walks me to his door and sees me out. “Hey.” He calls as I turn to walk away.
“Yes?” He grabs me by my shoulders and kisses me softly. “Bye.” I giggle when he pulls away.
“Bye, baby.” I was stunned at what he called me. The only nickname I got from his was darlin’. But I liked the new name.
“Bye…baby.” I say softly. I walk away backwards and wave at him. He waves back at me and I hear him shut his door when I turn around. I get to mine and Rogue’s room undetected.
“Where were you?” Rogue asks sleepily.
“I’m so sorry! I was with Logan an-“
“Ooooo! Details!” I figured I owed it to her since I ditched the party. So I proceeded to tell her about mine and Logan’s evening. “Aww! That’s so sweet!”
“Yeah, I guess.” I smirk. “Well, I better get to bed. It’s late.”
“Okay. Night, Nat.”
“Night, Rogue.”

***

I had another nightmare.
This time the images were more graphic and disturbing. I was in the tub of viscous liquid, yet again. I had flashes of pictures on the horribly stained walls. If you could even call them walls. There were pictures of human skeletal X-rays. Mine I presume. I have another flash on me thrashing every which way in the tub and rose up, cutting everything I saw in sight with my new claws. I jump out of the tub and run away as fast as I could. There was a loud shot and a piercing pain in my side.

***

I woke up panting and sweating. I look over and Rogue is sound asleep. I decide to go to the one person that knows what I’m going through. I get up out of bed and slowly walk to the door and get out. I shut the door and walk my way to Logan’s room quietly. I get to his door and open it without being detected. I walk in and Logan wakes up immediately. Even in the pure blackness of his room, he knew it was me.
“Natalia? What’s wrong?” He asks getting out of bed. He rushes over to me and embraces me. He knew. “What did you see?” I buried my head into his chest and tried not to cry.
“I don’t wanna talk about it.”
“Okay, baby. Come on.” He grabs my hand and leads me to his bed. We get in his bed and cuddle up.
“I don’t have nightmares when I’m with you, Logan.” I say breaking the silence. A sliver of light coming from the moon made its way through his curtains, lighting his face. He looked at me and smiled. He kissed me again softly, but this time, it had more love and compassion in it.
“I can’t think clearly when you’re around.”
♠ ♠ ♠
D'aww!
<3